Here are some story lines and happenings at Sox Camp in Glendale, Arizona:
- Matt Thornton was diagnosed with elbow inflammation on Tuesday, this is the first arm issue he has dealt with since his trip to the DL in 2010 for the very same ailment
- Brent Morel has been fielding multiple positions at camp thus far. This is most likely in anticipation of him not having a starting role to play on the major league team, and he may in fact be used as a bench player or just sent down to Charlotte.
- Rick Hahn recently discussed in an interview that can be viewed here about how the Sox will let Chris Sale lose this season and how the Sox have been building for the future while also trying to maintain competition with their rivals in Detroit.
- Alfonso Soriano has stated in Cubs camp that he would be open to a trade to various East coast and Midwestern teams if the Cubs fall out of contention. The White Sox were among the teams listed by Soriano.
- Paul Konerko has not tipped his cap in regards to whether he will retire or continue playing after his contract expires in 2013. The 37 year old is 78 home runs shy of the 500 home run club.
- Outfielder Courtney Hawkins was the lone White Sox representative on Baseball Americas Top 100 Prospect List in 2013. He is ranked at 55.
Continue the conversation with other White Sox fans in the White Sox forum: http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/8-Chicago-White-Sox-Forum
Sox Spring Training intersquad and regular games are set to begin in four days!