Derrick Rose is in Las Vegas to train with Team USA as he prepares to play in the FIBA World Cup of Basketball. But the Bulls star also unveiled the newest shoe in his popular adidas D. Rose line, the D.Rose 5.
Rose and Portland Trailblazers guard Damian Lillard were on hand to reveal the shoe which features Boost technology and was seen in four different colorways. The Boost provides high energy return which is noted on adidas running shoes and has a lightweight feel with extra comfort provided.
Here is the release from adidas with more details on the shoe:
Signature details are woven throughout the design reveal details about Derrick, his family and his path to success.
The ankle support features unique personal inscriptions including:
• “R.A.D.” – stands for his brothers, Reggie, Allen and Dwayne, who helped raise Derrick, giving him the opportunity to play basketball undeterred
• “Not supposed to be here” – quote Derrick gave at a press conference for the launch of the D Rose 3 where he spoke on how he defied the odds to be a successful NBA player
• “No Freshman” – represents the rule at his high school where freshman weren’t allowed to play on the varsity basketball team
• “Everybody Eats” – his desire to uplift those in his circle and from his neighborhood of Englewood
• “1.7%” – the odds that the Chicago Bulls had to land the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, which they used to select Derrick
Personal details of the D Rose 5 Boost continue with the toe of each shoe featuring the name of his mother, Brenda, and his son, PJ.
A bigger and bolder D Rose logo on the heel represents his family and style of play.
Derrick’s signature is woven into the traction pattern of the forefoot of the outsole.
The shoe will release in stores October 23rd. Check back for more on new colorways as they become available.