The Bears have released their preseason depth chart in anticipation of Friday night’s opener vs the Eagles in Chicago. Eyes will be planted on the following battles heading into preseason…
- Who will be the backup QB? Jordan Palmer or Jimmy Clausen, with Fales as the 3rd candidate. Fales would need a stellar preseason to emerge as even a contestant in the battle.
- Marquess Wilson and Eric Weems are listed behind Marshall/Jeffery with Bellamy, Williams, Edwards, Morgon, Spurlock, and Moss all vying for the remaining spots.
- Shaun Draughn has emerged as the #2 RB behind Matt Forte. Barring injury or underperforming in preseason, it appears locked up (slightly pre-mature prediction on my part).
- Dante Rosario is pinned as the #2 TE as it currently stands. Competition between Miller, Mulligan, and Mustrud could get very interesting as they could be battling for a spot on the practice squad.
- The Shea McClellin Project is in full swing as he’s listed as a start at the SLB with Bostic and Williams sharing the role in the middle.
- This might be the most interesting “battle” of the preseason. It is virtually up for grabs between the safeties. Right now Mundy and Vereen are the starters with McCray/Jennings/Wilson vying for spots as well. Will Steltz and Conte emerge into the competition once they are healthy? Could their bags be partially packed?
While we have your attention, please take a minute and swing by our Message Boards to discuss Chicago Sports with many other fans. http://chicitysports.com/forum