Mark Brunell’s brutal hot take on Jay Cutler

Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 4.38.26 PM

Jay Cutler has been a hot topic lately, getting his share of the blame for the teams struggles.

But no matter how bad the entire Chicago Bears team plays, Cutler seems to get most of the blame. That leads to idiotic things like fans burning jerseys and great hot takes from professional analysts.

The latest analyst to give his opinion was former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Mark Brunell who serves as analyst on ESPN. Brunell expressed what he wanted to see Cutler do just once: “I want to see him after a pick, take his helmet, throw it across the field, throw it somewhere. Just show some emotion.”

But is that really the best idea there Mark? I mean if Cutler throws an interception and flings his helmet across the field he would certainly earn a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty, putting his defense in worse field position. Could you imagine Bears fans after this? And you think the criticism is bad now?

We already know Cutler won’t show emotion, so why won’t the media give it up? It’s to the point where Terry Bradshaw is convinced Cutler would be a better quarterback if he smiled more.

Keep the hot takes coming Mark!

Zack Pearson

Follow me on Twitter @Zack_Pearson.

8 thoughts on “Mark Brunell’s brutal hot take on Jay Cutler

• November 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Cutler has a 92 QB rating and a 2-1 TD-Int ratio..What more do you want in a QB?

• November 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I want him to shut down opposing WR’s and get pressure on the QB.

• November 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM

He needs to get that fire, there are seasons he’s played g

• November 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM

So people bash Cutler for not showing emotion. But when he DID show emotion by shoving Webb or when he told Martz to f off he was bashed by the media as well. But wait it was Cutler who leaves reviewers wide open every Sunday, it was Cutler who doesn’t pressure any QB, and it was Cutler who hired Mel Tucker as DC

• November 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Cutler sucks. He has the highest turnover rate in the NFL for a qb. He is not a leader. No one respects him on or off the field. He chokes when the pressure is on. Bottom line is he is not worth the 7 year contract given to him. He had 2 years left in him at best. Now the Bears have no back up waiting in the wings ….lost cause…offensive line is lackluster and the defense is just pethetic…

• November 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Cutler can’t win with a lot of bears fans and as I lifetime fan who watched 40 QB roll through during a 15 yr period of time I would take Cutler over any of them. Our hated rival just happens to have had 2 great QBs back to back whixh we wish we had.

• November 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I don’t need my QB’s to make me feel warm and fuzzy or to have them throw tantrums like a child. I just need him to win! People are nuts!

• November 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM

He would throw his helmet but it would just get intercepted