Report: White Sox interested in both Machado and Harper?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
OK a lot of error in your post.

1) The risk is having huge amounts of cash tied up and not being able to address your own players or additional needs thru trade and free agency because of that if things go wrong by paying too much and/or injury

2) Whatever the cost? You say that because it's not your money. You are a meatball fan by saying whatever the costs. And that's fine. But it's also unrealistic.

3) Shields helped a lot. He helped the younger guys on the staff on learning the nuances of the game on and especially off the field. More so he allowed players to not be promoted early

3) The Padres I want to say paid for half his salary. Financially the cost to the team was low.

4) Tatis was a loss and was definitely an error in judgement by the White Sox.

No errors in my post.

1) The Sox payroll is minuscule. They can take a hit and then some.

2) I'm saying whatever the cost because the Sox payroll is minuscule. It's not my money, but it's my ticket I will or won't buy when they lose 100 games again. Spend money to Make money, Brett. Meatball fans say it's not our money.

3) Shields sucked and never should have been traded for. You could have brought anyone in and done that. We also have Don Cooper, that's his damn job.

4)Tatis could have been apart of this rebuild, but instead we traded him for a team helper.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No errors in my post.

1) The Sox payroll is minuscule. They can take a hit and then some.

2) I'm saying whatever the cost because the Sox payroll is minuscule. It's not my money, but it's my ticket I will or won't buy when they lose 100 games again. Spend money to Make money, Brett. Meatball fans say it's not our money.

3) Shields sucked and never should have been traded for. You could have brought anyone in and done that. We also have Don Cooper, that's his damn job.

4)Tatis could have been apart of this rebuild, but instead we traded him for a team helper.

1) No they can't. The revenue is not there.
2) And they tried that and it failed. I think you need to learn more about the history of the team which you appear quite willing so kudos to you

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
1) No they can't. The revenue is not there.
2) And they tried that and it failed. I think you need to learn more about the history of the team which you appear quite willing so kudos to you

1) People will come Brett if they sign the two guys. They'll have plenty of revenue. Besides, their deal on that building is ridiculous. Reinsdorf still makes money with 10,000 people showing up a night.

2)They haven't tried that Brett. They've signed and traded for shitty over the hill players that have under performed. Don't sign guys that are 36, suck, and bring their kid to the ballpark every day. Don't sign guys that strike out 177 times a year while hitting .159 only playing in 122 games cause they suck so bad. I don't think you need to learn any history about the team, I know you do.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
He also hit 27 hrs and had an OPS+ of 111. It's a lot to ask.

You don't think Eloy could do that while having a significantly higher OBP?

Take a look at Palka's numbers in the minors and then Eloy's. Again, I can make that assumption all day.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1) People will come Brett if they sign the two guys. They'll have plenty of revenue. Besides, their deal on that building is ridiculous. Reinsdorf still makes money with 10,000 people showing up a night.

2)They haven't tried that Brett. They've signed and traded for (crappy) over the hill players that have under performed. Don't sign guys that are 36, suck, and bring their kid to the ballpark every day. Don't sign guys that strike out 177 times a year while hitting .159 only playing in 122 games cause they suck so bad. I don't think you need to learn any history about the team, I know you do.

1) He makes money because of the low payroll.
2) Your ignorance on Dunn shines. Congrats I guess. They've tried many times to make it work, they are rightly going in a new direction

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You don't think Eloy could do that while having a significantly higher OBP?

Take a look at Palka's numbers in the minors and then Eloy's. Again, I can make that assumption all day.

Can it happen? Sure. Expect it to? Bad call each and every time.

You are justifying hitting on 16 with the dealer showing a 4 because you pulled a 5.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
1) He makes money because of the low payroll.
2) Your ignorance on Dunn shines. Congrats I guess. They've tried many times to make it work, they are rightly going in a new direction

1) There would be no way he'd make any money if the deal they signed for the stadium wasn't as ridiculous as it is. Again, spend some money to make money.

2) What ignorance on Dunn? Did I miss a bet where he struck out looking or swinging again?

3) The only thing they tried to make work was bringing in over the hill vets to mix in with core players and they were mired in mediocrity. I agree, they are finally going rightly in a new direction.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Can it happen? Sure. Expect it to? Bad call each and every time.

You are justifying hitting on 16 with the dealer showing a 4 because you pulled a 5.

You're giving me a low bar for the kid to hit. I'm saying he can hit it no prob based on what he's done professionally, and now I'm "hitting on 16"? Go compare the two in the minors and it's not even close. I can make that assumption all damn day Brett.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1) There would be no way he'd make any money if the deal they signed for the stadium wasn't as ridiculous as it is. Again, spend some money to make money.

2) What ignorance on Dunn? Did I miss a bet where he struck out looking or swinging again?

3) The only thing they tried to make work was bringing in over the hill vets to mix in with core players and they were mired in mediocrity. I agree, they are finally going rightly in a new direction.

They tried the spend money it does not work with this fan base historically.

Dunn was seen as a solid move at the time, it did not work out.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You're giving me a low bar for the kid to hit. I'm saying he can hit it no prob based on what he's done professionally, and now I'm "hitting on 16"? Go compare the two in the minors and it's not even close. I can make that assumption all damn day Brett.

That's not how it works. You can be all world in the minors and not hit it in the bigs. Happens all the time. Asking someone to just run from day one is the issue and it should not be expected. Ever.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They tried the spend money it does not work with this fan base historically.

Dunn was seen as a solid move at the time, it did not work out.

They spend money on over the hill players they could never get in their prime and players that under perform. The fan base isn't going to show up to see mediocrity.

Dunn struck out 199 times the year before they signed him. Many people were skeptical it was going to work out, plus we lost a #1 draft pick. His lack of work ethic never helped him here either.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
That's not how it works. You can be all world in the minors and not hit it in the bigs. Happens all the time. Asking someone to just run from day one is the issue and it should not be expected. Ever.

I'm not expecting him to be a hall of famer from day one. I'm saying he'll be far better than anyone currently on the roster he'd be replacing. If Palka's numbers are what you're saying he needs to achieve, I say he'll hit those.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They spend money on over the hill players they could never get in their prime and players that under perform. The fan base isn't going to show up to see mediocrity.

Dunn struck out 199 times the year before they signed him. Many people were skeptical it was going to work out, plus we lost a #1 draft pick. His lack of work ethic never helped him here either.

The fan base just isn't that big.

Adam was always a high K guy, but also a high OBP guy what the team sorely needed. Dunn just had two seasons where he hit 76 homers, nearly 200 BBs and an OPS+ of 141. He was great and earned the contract he received.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
The fan base just isn't that big.

Adam was always a high K guy, but also a high OBP guy what the team sorely needed. Dunn just had two seasons where he hit 76 homers, nearly 200 BBs and an OPS+ of 141. He was great and earned the contract he received.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. He never once earned his contract he received here and was far and away the opposite of great.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We will just have to agree to disagree here. He never once earned his contract he received here and was far and away the opposite of great.

Well, his first season was bad, I agree.
But his last 2.5 seasons he was about a 112 OPS+ guy.

But yes, he was overpaid based on what he performed that we can agree upon

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s cool to be mentioned going after gold but I’m not buying it sounds like a pipe dream

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Well, his first season was bad, I agree.
But his last 2.5 seasons he was about a 112 OPS+ guy.

But yes, he was overpaid based on what he performed that we can agree upon

Adam Dunn's average with the White Sox:

.159, .204, .219, .220

In 2012 he struck out 222 times.

Highest OPS .800

720 strikeouts in 528 games

That's fucking horrible Brett.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
His OPS+ which is a better stat than average was 112 ish minus season 1. That's above average dude.