On the score - Chuck Pagano new Bears DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love this add.. I just wished we got our new kicker first.. can’t wait til the day this doucher parkey is gone.. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959].. wanted him gone in early November..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cry about it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no comment, gonna have to sleep on this.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I gonna give Pagano a fair shot because I'm an open minded guy

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'll be honest, all I remember about the colts defense the last couple years is that they were like swiss cheese..whenever I had s guy in fantasy go up against them it was a great play.

I'll be curious to see how this defense does moving forward..Fangio's systems protected the DBs and even lesser talented guys have had success in his system while here.

Not bashing the hire, just bitter about Fangio leaving. Need Trubs to take a huge step forward this offseason.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'll be honest, all I remember about the colts defense the last couple years is that they were like swiss cheese..whenever I had s guy in fantasy go up against them it was a great play.

I'll be curious to see how this defense does moving forward..Fangio's systems protected the DBs and even lesser talented guys have had success in his system while here.

Not bashing the hire, just bitter about Fangio leaving. Need Trubs to take a huge step forward this offseason.

Fangio is a good defensive coordinator...but not some genius one. He isn't irreplaceable, and we may actually now have better...

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:

The colts only drafted one defensive player in the first while he was head coach. That player ain’t in the league anymore.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fangio is a good defensive coordinator...but not some genius one. He isn't irreplaceable, and we may actually now have better...

You’re right, Vic isn’t a genius one. But I also think Pagano isn’t one either. I don’t mind the pick but I wish we would have gone another way. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
You’re right, Vic isn’t a genius one. But I also think Pagano isn’t one either. I don’t mind the pick but I wish we would have gone another way. Oh well.

Who would you have rather had? Not attacking just curious.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Who would you have rather had? Not attacking just curious.

I had no one picked so I wouldn’t know. But I didn’t want Pagano. But be cause he got chosen, Go Pagano and go Bears!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Good hire. This is a "don't rock the boat" situation, and Pagano by all accounts is a great guy who should slide right in. He's in an ideal situation, and I wouldn't mind seeing a more aggressive approach on defense.

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
I wonder what the stats are for taking a #1 defense prior year and giving them a new DC the following year. Do they continue to be the same D or will there be too much change that has the D drop dramatically in overall rankings? And does that even matter?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I wonder what the stats are for taking a #1 defense prior year and giving them a new DC the following year. Do they continue to be the same D or will there be too much change that has the D drop dramatically in overall rankings? And doesn’t even matter?

It’s extremely rare for a defense to stay on top back to back years, regardless of coach. When you look at what the Bears did this year it’s only been done 3 other times, all Super Bowl winners, and never repeated.

Odds and history say it won’t be quite as good next year, be that because of injury, schedule, players leaving or what have you.

That said hopefully our offense gets closer to top 10 to offset the inevitable drop in defense. To be clear I’d have expected this drop with Fangio as well.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I had no one picked so I wouldn’t know. But I didn’t want Pagano. But be cause he got chosen, Go Pagano and go Bears!

Lol I hear that! I think you will be happy with Pagano, as long as you don’t expect the same level as this year. Fangio staying probably wouldn’t repeat the success, it’s never been done in the history of the nfl.

The reason I like this hire is it keeps the fabric of what made a successful culture intact. The long term success depends on Nagy and this offense developing. This allows the team to stay on that same path. You can’t say Pagano lacks experience.

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
It’s extremely rare for a defense to stay on top back to back years, regardless of coach. When you look at what the Bears did this year it’s only been done 3 other times, all Super Bowl winners, and never repeated.

Odds and history say it won’t be quite as good next year, be that because of injury, schedule, players leaving or what have you.

That said hopefully our offense gets closer to top 10 to offset the inevitable drop in defense. To be clear I’d have expected this drop with Fangio as well.

True. I too was thinking about needing to have the offense step up and be in top 10 in order to keep a balance. You know what the average points they offense had per game in 2018? I feel like they have a long way to go. Hopefully it only takes this off season. I know that’s high hoping, but it’s not unrealistic either.