Free Agent Targets for the Bears

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He just had a pretty dominant year at LT, I would take him in a heartbeat, but he is going to make 10 million+/season.
He has a pretty bad rating on pff tbh. But i think he is going up .

msadows

Liked Posts:
I prefer a veteran with a little upside or at least some time at LT, so we can kill 2 birds with one stone.

To each their own, I think his awareness is fucking horrible for the tackle position. This year was by far his best of his career, and it wasn't even that good. I guess he is younger than Massie, thats all he really has on him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm also shocked you didn't list spencer ware.

Edit: Guess you just listed linemen.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
To each their own, I think his awareness is fucking horrible for the tackle position. This year was by far his best of his career, and it wasn't even that good. I guess he is younger than Massie, thats all he really has on him.

No ones saying J James is great, but he could come in at half the price of Massie and be just as good under his old coach with upside. Average to good RTs get 10mil a season. I saw some terrible ex Bears starting for other teams this season. Bushrod, Tom Compton, Ducasse, Jordan Mills, more? There’s a big shortage of OL talent across the league and there’s no quick fix to that without those top picks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No ones saying J James is great, but he could come in at half the price of Massie and be just as good under his old coach with upside. Average to good RTs get 10mil a season. I saw some terrible ex Bears starting for other teams this season. Bushrod, Tom Compton, Ducasse, Jordan Mills, more? There’s a big shortage of OL talent across the league and there’s no quick fix to that without those top picks.

Honestly? I think Massie ends up getting less money than him. Massie isn't getting 10m a season, he is 30 and on the decline of his career. I wouldn't be shocked to see James get more money then him just because teams are intrigued by his "upside".

I don't want either of them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Massie is gone. They can’t afford him.

I am shopping for a legit backup to push Coward and to step in if he or a draft pick are not ready.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly? I think Massie ends up getting less money than him. Massie isn't getting 10m a season, he is 30 and on the decline of his career. I wouldn't be shocked to see James get more money then him just because teams are intrigued by his "upside".

I don't want either of them.

I actually think you are right, both get over paid to be average OTs on their best days.

Jake Fisher to me is a guy who may be a change of scenery/coach guy with a little upside if healthy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I actually think you are right, both get over paid to be average OTs on their best days.

Jake Fisher to me is a guy who may be a change of scenery/coach guy with a little upside if healthy.

I wouldn't mind that, just need to make it a healthy competition, along with right guard as well.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cam Fleming had a decent year with NE last year, iirc, and then was the backup swing in Dallas last year. Would be interesting at the price he'll probably command.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
RBs

Spencer Ware [KC]
Chandrick West [KC]
Kareem Hunt [KC]
Mark Ingram [NO]
Kenjon Barner [Car] *Oregon
Alfred Blue [Hou] Charles London

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Edge

Terrell Suggs [Baltimore]
Shaq Barrett [Denver]
Dee Ford [KC] *way too expensive
Za'Darius Smith [Baltimore] *way too expensive

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Massie is gone. They can’t afford him.

I am shopping for a legit backup to push Coward and to step in if he or a draft pick are not ready.

You think so? I thought that even him playing well this past year, I don't think he'll command huge money given his age and never really having been a top-end RT. But he seems to do well in Nagy's system. What do you think his numbers look like and how much do you think the Bears would sink into the RT position?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

There is one RT that gets more than 10m a year Lane Johnson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think so? I thought that even him playing well this past year, I don't think he'll command huge money given his age and never really having been a top-end RT. But he seems to do well in Nagy's system. What do you think his numbers look like and how much do you think the Bears would sink into the RT position?

He is making 6 million right now, so that would probably be the floor. Chris Hubbard got 7/season out of the Browns last season so that seems like what Massie should and would ask for.

I think if you gave Nagy an option he would want a better athlete.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here are the top salaries for RTs

PLAYER
AVERAGE
1 [h=3]Lane Johnson[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$11,252,000
2 [h=3]Ricky Wagner[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$9,500,000
3 [h=3]Donald Penn[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$9,350,000
4 [h=3]Rob Havenstein[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$8,125,000
5 [h=3]Morgan Moses[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$7,700,000
[h=3]La'el Collins[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$7,700,000
7 [h=3]Chris Hubbard[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$7,300,000
8 [h=3]Jared Veldheer[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$7,000,000
9 [h=3]Bryan Bulaga[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,750,000
10 [h=3]Mitchell Schwartz[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,600,000
11 [h=3]Marcus Cannon[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,482,000
12 [h=3]Jermey Parnell[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,400,000
13 [h=3]Ryan Schraeder[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,300,000
14 [h=3]Marcus Gilbert[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,163,000
15 [h=3]Bobby Massie[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$6,000,000
16 [h=3]Demar Dotson[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$5,500,000
17 [h=3]Mike McGlinchey[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$4,585,430
18 [h=3]James Hurst[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$4,375,000
19 [h=3]Seantrel Henderson[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$4,000,000
20 [h=3]Jack Conklin[/h]RIGHT TACKLE$3,974,415

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Windy?

What's the chances we can give Parkey and his contract to a team with a worse FG kicker, give for nothing or make some deal that works?

And then try to sign Robbie Gould, who just said in a podcast he wants to retire a Bear?
As if one even exists.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is Massie gets 3 years 21 million/8-10 guaranteed

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Boswell (Pitt) and Dan Bailey (Minn) kind of sucked more this year.

Do you honestly thing they would trade for Parkey...cause contract problems to get almost the exact same production....The Vikings would go over the cap to gain the rights for Parkey.....and the Steelers wouls use up a 1/3 of their salary cap for the rights to the great Cody Parkey....they could sign their own shitty kicker for half the price back.....

only on CCS

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you honestly thing they would trade for Parkey...cause contract problems to get almost the exact same production....The Vikings would go over the cap to gain the rights for Parkey.....and the Steelers wouls use up a 1/3 of their salary cap for the rights to the great Cody Parkey....they could sign their own shitty kicker for half the price back.....

only on CCS

Lol, you really went with this. I only responded to what Spartan said. In no way was I talking about trades, or anything you rambled on about.

Lol. Only on CCS