Lions beat writer on drugs...

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
BB said he wanted to do something similar to what the Lions did. I understand it sounds odd given that they gave up 30 points, but it's what BB said.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Being able to watch how another team stopped your opponent from scoring, figuring out the strategy and tactics they employed, and then adapting your own defense to do the same or similar in order to shut down your opponent is the hallmark of great defensive coaching.

Seems like people want to downplay it, but the NFL is known to be a copycat league.... being able to copycat effectively is an art.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Lions started the Rams' downward spiral.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So the greatest modern defensive mind studied game film of his opponent's previous games in search h of exploitable weaknesses? I'm truly shocked at how far BB will stoop in this league

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is truly amazing that McVay did not realize this was possible.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is truly amazing that McVay did not realize this was possible.

He's had a few performances now that put an odd Mike Martz vibe in my head. We'll see if he adjusts next year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think McVay is starting to think he can't trust Goff to make the right decisions

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Says the Lions gave the blueprint for beating the Rams vaunted offense that the Pats then copied in the SB. https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/02/the-lions-gave-the-patriots-a-blueprint-to-shut-down-the-rams.html

I have no comment...
So you are a Lions beat writer who is on drugs who happens to be commenting on how another Lion beat writer wrote that the Lion gameplan helped the Patriots win?

That seems to be the only thing that makes sense since Belichick was quoted in the article with the following:

“We felt like if we make them drive it, make them earn it, similar to what the Lions did to them,

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
“We felt like if we could make them drive it, make them earn it, similar to what the Lions did,” Belichick said in one of his postgame press addresses, as heard on the CBS radio feed. “Make them run a lot of plays and if we get them in third down, we felt like we could get them off the field.”

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...or-showing-his-patriots-how-to-beat-the-rams/

Sorry.

Yeah but the Lions had the Rams believe they had a playoff worthy offense since they put up 30 points on them, meanwhile we made the rans inept

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So you are a Lions beat writer who is on drugs who happens to be commenting on how another Lion beat writer wrote that the Lion gameplan helped the Patriots win?

That seems to be the only thing that makes sense since Belichick was quoted in the article with the following:

And no one thinks Belichick would give a shout out to a HC and GM who worked with him for years, who are now officially on the hot seat in Detroit? As Ommy would say...not buying it.

That said, I posted the article without reading it first. Thought the headline was insane enough...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but the Lions had the Rams believe they had a playoff worthy offense since they put up 30 points on them, meanwhile made the rans inept

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Nietzsche influnced Hitler