Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
4 bold moves for R.Pace.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tk...K6DkP_64Gsv0LRKRS2OSay1lP3oeJU_MYtpTr0Dyx9W6k

As the Chicago Bears enter their fifth offseason with Ryan Pace as General Manager, the Bears know that they have the potential to be a Super Bowl team, if they make all the right moves.
Over the last few years, Chicago Bears General Manager Ryan Pace has developed a reputation for being aggressive whenever it comes to getting the players he wants. Pace has shown that he isn’t afraid to swing for the fences.

In fact, over the last two offseasons (2017 and 2018), Pace made multiple moves that many questioned, however, most turned out okay.

He was criticized when he decided to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky. In that same draft, he selected Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson, two of the more riskier picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Despite what external sources say, Pace continues to be bold and figure out ways to keep adding talent to the Bears roster. Had Pace not traded up for Mitchell Trubisky, it’s unlikely that the Bears have the offseason they had in 2018.

Had Pace not traded for Khalil Mack, it’s likely that the Bears still make the playoffs, but don’t finish 12-4 and don’t host a playoff game at home.

Sure, with every big move that Pace has made, he’s also had his fair share of misses too. Pace’s 2017 free agency class was nothing but a trainwreck, while his 2016 free agency was successful because the Bears signed Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, and Bobby Massie.

After the way the Bears 2018 season ended, with the right moves, the Bears could become instant Super Bowl contenders. Everyone knows Pace is more motivated than ever to do whatever he needs to in order to get the Bears to the represent the NFC in the Super Bowl next season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
How the Bears draft in the next few years will have a paramount effect on their ability to extend the window. There are going to be really tough decisions each offseason where the smart move may be to let the player walk. Hopefully the Bears have some good cheap guys to step up in those instances. In any case, the next few years of contention and beyond should be really fun to see play out.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I really like these writeups, this one especially.

My only two qualms are that I’d bet dollars to donuts that Gay gets drafted, and man, I can’t see the Bears adding 3 running backs in the offseason to their current stable when Nagy clearly doesn’t value the position nearly as much as others.

Other than that, I’d be ecstatic if this were the offseason, and most of it seems pretty realistic. I think a key move that you outlined that people aren’t going to think much about until later is picking up OL depth in the draft to give valuable cap flexibility in the coming couple of years. That’s going to be really important.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I think Hunt gets 3 or 4 games because of time served. It also sounds like he is getting a lot of help and is taking these classes seriously. Ray Rice and APs situations were a little different as they were basically family, and not a heat of the moment incident after being verbally attacked.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hunt is really the piece we need but I'm also thinking of other alternatives for the RB position.

A guy that would seem a perfect fit and under utilized in my mind would be Kenyan Drake. 1 year 2 mil left on his rookie deal and dolphins reportedly tanking.

Any chance we could pull a swap of Howard for Drake? Seems fair and a better fit for both teams involved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Hunt is really the piece we need but I'm also thinking of other alternatives for the RB position.

A guy that would seem a perfect fit and under utilized in my mind would be Kenyan Drake. 1 year 2 mil left on his rookie deal and dolphins reportedly tanking.

Any chance we could pull a swap of Howard for Drake? Seems fair and a better fit for both teams involved.

They just fired their HC early for failing to make the playoffs. I think talk of planning to tank is crazy talk. There's more serious discussion of Miami breaking the bank to land Foles. Some consider a vet QB the last piece for a SB run. Chris Grier has been GM since 2016, that would usually mark a 'real rebuild' point, not this year. This team has flashed at times. Doesn't fit a planned tank scenario, does it?

EDIT -- yes, I'd do Drake for Howard!

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I really can't imagine any professional team tanking and that may not be the right word.

I could see a year of purging and no FA signings tho. They need QB and maybe Foles is the guy, but if not they don't have a lot of options for winning soon.

I just really think drake would be a prefect fit for this offense and Howard is cheaper for a team that may be starting a tear down and re build of the roster.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
They just fired their HC early for failing to make the playoffs. I think talk of planning to tank is crazy talk. There's more serious discussion of Miami breaking the bank to land Foles. Some consider a vet QB the last piece for a SB run. Chris Grier has been GM since 2016, that would usually mark a 'real rebuild' point, not this year. This team has flashed at times. Doesn't fit a planned tank scenario, does it?

this articles makes more sense as to why he got fired..
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

miami is not a contender...foles would be a good bridge qb but given his foles magic he's going to be very expensive for some team, my money is on the jags paying him big bucks. tannenhill has yet to be formally released but is good as gone. Their WR group and secondary group are the only bright spots...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I really can't imagine any professional team tanking and that may not be the right word.

I could see a year of purging and no FA signings tho. They need QB and maybe Foles is the guy, but if not they don't have a lot of options for winning soon.

I just really think drake would be a prefect fit for this offense and Howard is cheaper for a team that may be starting a tear down and re build of the roster.
Sorry about that, I kind of misread your post. You mean Miami could certainly be reshuffling, especially with a new HC/OC, and a Howard/Drake trade might workout for both. Totally agree, Drake fits our scheme and is only in the $2mil range, I'd be down with that. I don't know what type of scheme Miami will employ, but Howard could be a good change of pace Back, who knows.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
this articles makes more sense as to why he got fired..
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

miami is not a contender...foles would be a good bridge qb but given his foles magic he's going to be very expensive for some team, my money is on the jags paying him big bucks. tannenhill has yet to be formally released but is good as gone. Their WR group and secondary group are the only bright spots...
Thanks, I wouldn't consider Miami a contender, but I usually assume the owner, GM and new HC are probably more optimistic. They were 7-9, beat the Pats, were in position to make the playoffs, but blew the final 3 games. They flashed, even with Tannehill, I think they're optimistic. I think a team paying that much for Foles would not draft a 1st round QB, but rather a missing piece.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

EDIT -- yes, I'd do Drake for Howard!

Is they fired Gase for missing the playoffs what makes them think Foles is the missing piece for that average ass offense? Drake is an enigma to me so i would be cautious on him

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Thanks, I wouldn't consider Miami a contender, but I usually assume the owner, GM and new HC are probably more optimistic. They were 7-9, beat the Pats, were in position to make the playoffs, but blew the final 3 games. They flashed, even with Tannehill, I think they're optimistic. I think a team paying that much for Foles would not draft a 1st round QB, but rather a missing piece.

exactly, foles is not the one missing piece the dolphins need in order to get to the superbowl...they beat a pats team in the remaining seconds because of a bad defensive call by belichek. They played 5 teams that had a .500 record or better losing 4 of 6 of those games. Flores got a 5yr gtd contract so i'd fully expect he gets to choose his next qb and I cant imagine that he would hitch his wagon to foles.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Adam Hoge did a Bears mock...

Here are the first two picks.

"3rd Round, No. 24 — RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic (5-9, 200)

Between the early Kareem Hunt discussion and the insistence on using Taquan Mizzell in the offense, it sure seems like Matt Nagy thinks there is a missing piece in his backfield. Devin Singletary first came on my radar when he averaged 4.0 yards per carry against a good Wisconsin defense in 2017 and he hasn’t really slowed down since. I wish he were a little taller, but he packs a punch in his 5-9, 200-pound frame and he led the nation in most missed tackles forced in 2018, according to Pro Football Focus. He doesn’t have the breakaway speed that Tarik Cohen possesses, but he is more elusive than Jordan Howard, while still projecting as a between-the-tackles runner in the NFL. The big question is how the Bears view Singletary as a pass catcher. He wasn’t asked to catch the ball very often in Lane Kiffin’s offense, but that doesn’t mean he can’t do it. If he can show upside as pass-catching back between now and the draft, Singletary could be a great fit in Nagy’s system.

4th Round, No. 24 — WR Terry McLaurin, Ohio State (6-1, 205)

Until a couple months ago, I hadn’t really viewed McLaurin as a big-time NFL prospect, but in my prep for December’s Big Ten Championship Game, I couldn’t take my eyes off No. 83. All he did was get open, especially in the red zone. He doesn’t have the largest catch radius, but he runs outstanding routes and has surprising catch-and-run ability. As a fifth-year senior, it’s hard to understand why McLaurin was so underutilized at Ohio State, but he put up an impressive final season with 35 catches, 701 yards and 11 touchdowns. He followed that up with a great week at the Senior Bowl, easing concerns that his game won’t translate to the next level.

I don’t think wide receiver is necessarily a huge need for the Bears, but McLaurin is officially my first mid-round “draft crush” of 2019 and they won’t be able to get him any later than this. Best player available."

Continued...

https://wgnradio.com/2019/02/05/hoge-2019-bears-mock-draft-1-0/