Otto Porter is now a Bull

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Otto Porter may end up being a better player here since he’s finally away from the Washington team cancer John Wall.

I just hope we don’t start winning a lot of games because of it. As long as we don’t pass the Hawks in the standings, I’m fine. We aren’t getting bottom 3. The Suns, Knicks and Cavs are all more putrid than the Bulls. At 4th we still have a 12.5% chance at #1.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd rather have a competent VP/GM than the #1 pick.

:shrug:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Allot of you are fortunate that you only have to deal with one reinsdorf owned team

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Otto looks like a damn fine player and a good fit for the team. Hes just overpaid by about 10 million - but as i said money isn't that important to us right now and potentially by the time it will be, Porter will be coming off the books.

I'll give them Kudos for this move. I just hope they don't start winning games - We need Zion or Morant. I'll have to reassess this as a bad move if it screws up our draft position.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Otto looks like a damn fine player and a good fit for the team. Hes just overpaid by about 10 million - but as i said money isn't that important to us right now and potentially by the time it will be, Porter will be coming off the books.

I'll give them Kudos for this move. I just hope they don't start winning games - We need Zion or Morant. I'll have to reassess this as a bad move if it screws up our draft position.

Yes he does. I was stuck listening to the radio on the way home from work, Wennington was awesome saying "It only took them six and a half minutes to get Porter his first shot"

If thats not calling this team selfish I dont know what is. If Lavine just starts looking to pass when he drives to the rim and three guys go to him, it could be special.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes he does. I was stuck listening to the radio on the way home from work, Wennington was awesome saying "It only took them six and a half minutes to get Porter his first shot"

If thats not calling this team selfish I dont know what is. If Lavine just starts looking to pass when he drives to the rim and three guys go to him, it could be special.

That's called a pipe dream. LaTool is not looking to pass.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's called a pipe dream. LaTool is not looking to pass.

It always looks that way but I really believe that this team has some talent. I think a "real" NBA coach could do some things. The guy they have in there now is simply a placeholder....this is the most poorly coached team in the league. Watch their offensive sets....90% of their plays are clearouts for a 1 on 1. It's just awful basketball. Defense is even worse. Do I blame Boylen? No, he is what he is....it's the people who gave him the position.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Porter balances the roster out nicely. Before the trade we had nobody on the roster to play the 3. Now we just need to find an upgrade at the PG position, and then I think we will have a young, promising starting 5. Certainly could use an upgrade at head coach, but I’m not holding out any hope for that. I’m also a bit surprised at all the lavine bashing

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am so glad we can watch portis as the thug he is now and not have to like him anymore.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Porter balances the roster out nicely. Before the trade we had nobody on the roster to play the 3. Now we just need to find an upgrade at the PG position, and then I think we will have a young, promising starting 5. Certainly could use an upgrade at head coach, but I’m not holding out any hope for that. I’m also a bit surprised at all the lavine bashing

Ehh, interesting take. Can you name one NBA team that would willingly trade it's starting 5 for that of the Bulls?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ehh, interesting take. Can you name one NBA team that would willingly trade it's starting 5 for that of the Bulls?

Absolutely can. The main point is the potential this group has. Markannen has been showing what his potential is of late. Nobody can keep lavine from getting to the rim. Otto has the capability to be at the top of the league in 3p shooting. Carter has barely scratched the surface of what his potential is at age 19. This stuff doesn’t happen over night ya know? Give this team a chance to grow together. They haven’t even played together really yet. If they find these young kids a real point guard this offseason, I think they have a real chance to make some strides of improvement.

Teams who would trade starting 5’s in my opinion
Memphis
NO once AD is gone
Minnesota
Sacramento
LA clippers
NY
Cleveland
Atlanta
Orlando
Washington
Detroit
Miami
Charlotte
Brooklyn
Indiana

That’s about half the league that I think would swap starting 5’s for one reason or another. Talent, financial reasons, etc

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No.
Even the Hawks have more promise than this team.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Absolutely can. The main point is the potential this group has. Markannen has been showing what his potential is of late. Nobody can keep lavine from getting to the rim. Otto has the capability to be at the top of the league in 3p shooting. Carter has barely scratched the surface of what his potential is at age 19. This stuff doesn’t happen over night ya know? Give this team a chance to grow together. They haven’t even played together really yet. If they find these young kids a real point guard this offseason, I think they have a real chance to make some strides of improvement.

Teams who would trade starting 5’s in my opinion
Memphis
NO once AD is gone
Minnesota
Sacramento
LA clippers
NY
Cleveland
Atlanta
Orlando
Washington
Detroit
Miami
Charlotte
Brooklyn
Indiana

That’s about half the league that I think would swap starting 5’s for one reason or another. Talent, financial reasons, etc

I see, extreme homerism with a sprinkle of head buried in sand.

Guess what? The other 29 teams in the Association also have young players with potential, and the reason the Bulls suck is because they lack talent and athleticism, not because of their youth.

Just no, it’s a garbage roster that no GM would willingly accept.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Guess what? The other 29 teams in the Association also have young players with potential, and the reason the Bulls suck is because they lack talent and athleticism, not because of their youth.

Ha anyone that remembers me from previous years on here know I’m no homer. The bulls don’t lack talent and athleticism. You’re telling me that lavine and markannen lack athleticism??? You’re crazy if you think that. What the bulls lack is experience, defense, and coaching. Sure, other teams have good young talent as well. Tell me why Memphis would rather have their roster than the bulls for example. You scream homerism and tell me I’m wrong, but don’t take the time to give examples of why some of those teams would rather have their rosters over ours. Like I also said before, some of those teams I listed may have more talent, but are in financial hell while being a middling playoff team with no realistic way of improving what they have currently.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ha anyone that remembers me from previous years on here know I’m no homer. The bulls don’t lack talent and athleticism. You’re telling me that lavine and markannen lack athleticism??? You’re crazy if you think that. What the bulls lack is experience, defense, and coaching. Sure, other teams have good young talent as well. Tell me why Memphis would rather have their roster than the bulls for example. You scream homerism and tell me I’m wrong, but don’t take the time to give examples of why some of those teams would rather have their rosters over ours. Like I also said before, some of those teams I listed may have more talent, but are in financial hell while being a middling playoff team with no realistic way of improving what they have currently.

LaVine is a bad player on a bad team that puts up fools gold garbage stats.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Because why? I see a guy that can do things that are coveted skills in the nba. There’s pretty much no single defender that can keep him from getting to the rim whenever he wants to. Does he have holes in his game? Of course...he’s still just 23 years old, though. If he has the right work ethic, in the right environment(which is debatable), then he has the potential to be an all star. Again, it doesn’t happen overnight.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

You are responding to a returning poster who is totally not a meatball homer Special person.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No.
Even the Hawks have more promise than this team.

So you would rather have trae young and John Collins than lavine and markannen?? I wouldn’t

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you would rather have trae young and John Collins than lavine and markannen?? I wouldn’t

Yes. Markenan is solid, and no he's not a star, but a definite starter. LaVine is just an offense killer