Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Pace really blew it when he decided not to draft Mahomes smh
Imagine how much better we would be with the extra picks we could've had from not trading up, but instead trading back and taking Mahomes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made a thread like this and it was Spartan free

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine how much better we would be with the extra picks we could've had from not trading up, but instead trading back and taking Mahomes.

Imagine if we drafted Wilson years back. Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us, only sky.
You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
absolutely zero new info or anything interesting here.....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trubisky is the broken record of CCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offseason is in its infancy. These threads are only going to get worse between now and September.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Imagine if we drafted Wilson years back. Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us, only sky.
You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.
Imagine serenading another man on an American football message board with Beatles lyrics...

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rushing yards still move the chains which Trubs did quite a bit this year. Rushing TDs by QBs still count as 6 points as well. Watson may still win the stat race but you should include their entire performance.

While I whole heartedly agree that rushing/mobility is a huge part of a QBs game, The rushing numbers between trubs and watson are virtually identical as far as first downs and tds are concerned over their careers. Trubs has 4 more games but the difference is negligible.

My favorite guy in the league to watch is rivers- and it is unfortunately common to see an open space where he could move the chains if he could run- but he is awful at it. It would undoubtedly enhance his game if he had legs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I whole heartedly agree that rushing/mobility is a huge part of a QBs game, The rushing numbers between trubs and watson are virtually identical as far as first downs and tds are concerned over their careers. Trubs has 4 more games but the difference is negligible.

My favorite guy in the league to watch is rivers- and it is unfortunately common to see an open space where he could move the chains if he could run- but he is awful at it. It would undoubtedly enhance his game if he had legs.

Yeah that is why I said Watson may still win stat race but the yards and TDs still count.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is why I said Watson may still win stat race but the yards and TDs still count.

Rodgers is a great blend of that. He is at about 2 first downs per game like trubs and Watson. Wilson is in that neighborhood as well.

... My guy rivers is about 1 every 3 games.:lmao:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watson had 9 picks not 7 if were nitpicking facts vs opinions.

To have a year 2 reflection without a year 3 preview or projection is misleading and biased towards your statement.

The other 2 Qbs have much more experience than Trubisky and are in their 2nd year in the same offense with for the majority the same weapons around them.

Mahomes is a stud but doubt he has these numbers every year. Watson was the most pro ready QB and he seems to be what he is give or take.

To make this statement before they all have finished their rookie deals is pointless.

Yes it could end up Being Mahomes, Watson, trubisky in that order but we dont know that. It could turn out that all 3 are absolute studs for the rest of their careers, which its trending that way. But for now just let it play out.

Put each QB in a different scenario when drafted then it could all turn out very differently for their careers.

Amen. No one knows how each of them would have turned out on different teams.

It is what it is now. Mitch is a good QB and will continue to get better. I am giving him the 2nd year in the same offense to really critique him.
Mitch was a double donk from going farther in the playoffs. Mahomes got beat by Brady, not sure exactly what happened to Watson in the playoffs.
GO BEARS

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine serenading another man on an American football message board with Beatles lyrics...

Not imagined, real and not the Beatles.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mahomes is going to drop off a cliff next season.