Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Liked Posts:
So instead of letting your coach and GM build the team the team president interferes. Guess ownership isn't serious about winning the big one.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was the perfect fit to take this offense to an entirely different level.

Okay, lol. Now the Bears are fooked. Too bad they wasted money on Pagano. Could have saved that and hired a guy who needs more help from Nagy, because, you know, they don't have Hunt. It's all pointless now.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's stop the infighting.

I'm not fighting. I'm discussing. Hunt would have fit nicely. I never thought it was in the cards this year after watching how this org works for decades. I don't think not signing Hunt puts the team back in any way.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think I'm one of the few people who didnt want him based on available information, but if Nagy was good with it, I would have been ok with it given their relationship.

But character matters to me, and I love this locker room. I'm not so naive to think that all of our players are choir boys, hell, I'm not either...but that was some serious bad decision making on his part. And it sounded like it wasn't the first time. Onwards.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I would not have minded Hunt. However I am still a firm believer that Nagy giving Howards reps to Mizzel & Cunningham along with poor run blocking is what hurt Jordan's numbers.

So how do we do better than Hunt? My best guess, improve the run blocking. Increase the number of Jordan focused run plays so he isn't running inside the right tackle all the time. And stop giving carries to 3rd-4th string RBs.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think I'm one of the few people who didnt want him based on available information, but if Nagy was good with it, I would have been ok with it given their relationship.

But character matters to me, and I love this locker room. I'm not so naive to think that all of our players are choir boys, hell, I'm not either...but that was some serious bad decision making on his part. And it sounded like it wasn't the first time. Onwards.

This. I figure these guys know a lot more about the situation and the guy than I, and I would have been fine with whatever decision they made. But the more that came out, the more I felt it wasn't going to happen. Wish Hunt well, but not bothered by this in the least.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Plan b keep Howard sign ware and draft someone

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would not have minded Hunt. However I am still a firm believer that Nagy giving Howards reps to Mizzel & Cunningham along with poor run blocking is what hurt Jordan's numbers.

So how do we do better than Hunt? My best guess, improve the run blocking. Increase the number of Jordan focused run plays so he isn't running inside the right tackle all the time. And stop giving carries to 3rd-4th string RBs.
I think a guard who could potentially be dominant as a run blocker should be near the top of our priorities. I love Kyle Long, but I think it would be wise to not bet on his longevity. Only thing more important is safety if Amos is gone IMO. And a kicker. But that goes without saying.

Last edited:

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I think the browns were smart about this process. They didnt need a RB, but they kept quiet this whole time surprising everyone with this signing while Nagy was out publicly saying he talked to Kareem.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Kareem Hunt will never change.

He got into multiple fights in multiple states in ONE offseason.

Put-In-Bay
Cleveland
Kansas City (Power and Light) x 2
Kansas City (Westport)

This is not a good guy. And he’s just not worth it. He’s a good talent, but none of that matters if he never sees the field. He’ll never be able to go the full suspension without doing something stupid.

And then when the Bears would’ve stuck their neck out for yet another criminal and seen it backfire, all the supporters for bringing him on would (rightfully) be exposed as fools.

Hey, maybe I’m the fool. Maybe Kareem Hunt will have a long, fruitful, uneventful time in Cleveland, one of the very places where he keeps getting into trouble. But I doubt it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Also, it’s worth noting that whatever punishment the NFL hands down on Hunt likely WON’T include the last five games of last year. You can’t be carrying out a suspension when you’re not even an NFL player. Same thing happened to Greg Hardy when he was released by the Panthers. The games he missed because of his release did not count toward his suspension.

Heck, Hunt could get a year-long suspension, rendering his current deal moot.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Sucks to miss out on Hunt, but there are plenty of other options out there. Keeping and actually utilizing Howard, and adding a solid RB in the draft is the cheaper, smarter move anyway.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are trying to say that you think McCaskey agreed to sign Hunt and Pace was too slow to sign him?

No I am saying I don't know what happened. It is possible McCaskey nixed it. It is possible Nagy valued Reid's (his mentor) stance. It is possible Pace didn't want to risk it given McDonald blew up in his face. It is also possible that they had planned to discuss after the combine or draft as they didn't expect anyone to make a play for Hunt until the NFL clarified their position. We simply do not know how far the Bears had progressed in their thinking on Hunt.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect a few teams knew he was getting signed. He still has an agent and was free game. I don't think the price would be a hindrance. Hunt either wanted Cleveland or didn't get a better (or other) offer. Could be teams didn't want to take him on for 1/2 a season and will look again if he gets his shit together by next year. It's probably an 8 game at $500k contract.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You can find guys like Kareem Hunt all the time in the later rounds of the draft. And without the baggage. Bears dodged a bullet. Not worth the PR nightmare.

this. I don't really understand the masturbatorial mock fantasy with getting this guy that's transpired the last few weeks here.

now people can stfu about it and move onto a new topic, thank goodness.