Aaron Lynch news?

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Any news on him? Is it possible we sign him back with the added cap money we have? Also, does signing a FA that was currently on our team count against the whole compensatory pick thing? I would assume no, which would be another benefit of keeping him over signing somebody else.

We still need depth at OLB and he definitely fills that role.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He wouldn't count against compensatory picks, but if he's signed by someone else you will likely add one for the Bears which may help with one of the higher picks the Bears could potentially get.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been saying for days now that Lynch should be signed again. Probably get him for cheap too.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I would hope they resign him.

And why is this board so obsessed with comp picks? I would hope Pace follows his plan and doesn't factor in comp picks when making decisions.

Playing for comp picks...lol. Gawd.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

And why is this board so obsessed with comp picks? I would hope Pace follows his plan and doesn't factor in comp picks when making decisions.

I think people really want to see Pace make a huge splash in the 4th round two drafts from now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Any news on him? Is it possible we sign him back with the added cap money we have? Also, does signing a FA that was currently on our team count against the whole compensatory pick thing? I would assume no, which would be another benefit of keeping him over signing somebody else.

We still need depth at OLB and he definitely fills that role.

He was alright for us and had some good plays but it seems like whenever he doesn't have Fangio as his coach is when his character and weight issues seem to pop up. I wouldn't mind if we brought him back but think there's several guys out there right now that can be as good and some even better then A.Lynch that would probably be around the same price.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because every draft pick is a star unless your GM sux, LOL. I don't care that much about Lynch but completely agree that you don't make moves based upon comp picks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was alright for us and had some good plays but it seems like whenever he doesn't have Fangio as his coach is when his character and weight issues seem to pop up. I wouldn't mind if we brought him back but think there's several guys out there right now that can be as good and some even better then A.Lynch that would probably be around the same price.

You have been repeating that bold part over and over again like it's gospel.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears probably have to wait a couple of days for his market to not come together and then get him back at a similar number to last season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

probably has something to do with how much easier it is to stay within the cap when you keep making good draft picks. It's odd to me that people don't understand how valuable draft picks are.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Windy... I think they're playing the waiting game, hoping the prices drop. There's still a lot of players available in FA...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They made cap room available. It's just another best player available in FA ( Callahan included ) with the caveat of Pagano's influence along with compensatory picks being considered

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any thoughts on Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett? I think one of the Denver depth guys could be a good high-reward type signing. They seemed to always be stuck behind great pass rushers so never got as many opportunities. Would they be more worth while to get than Lynch?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
This comp pick stuff is out of control this FA.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is correct in what he said. Not a guarantee of future performance but worth noting.

One could also say he grew up last year, team culture and winning can keep him in line. One could actually say those things over and over again trying to make it a thing. :shrug:

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Agreed.

It'd be nice to start taking advantage of the comp pick system, but to plan an off-season around/obsess about comp picks, is a bit over the top. If you can obtain 2-3 comp picks every year or 2, it just helps move around on draft day. Comp picks can be traded now, where a few years ago you couldn't trade them, iirc.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Comp picks are like that toy all the kids had but your parents wouldn't buy you. The want for not having it far outweighs the satisfaction once you finally get it.

That said just give Fitts or Irving Lynch's reps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One could also say he grew up last year, team culture and winning can keep him in line. One could actually say those things over and over again trying to make it a thing. :shrug:

Sorry, his issues go back to college. I’m not going to “trust” him after one year. Maybe that’s not fair but he’s earned it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with Windy... I think they're playing the waiting game, hoping the prices drop. There's still a lot of players available in FA...

Yep i said this yesterday and two of thew positions we need filled is actually pretty deep in free agency right now with S and 3rd OLB so we can wait for prices to drop and could still watch a couple guys at those positions get signed before we need to step up and make a signing. We obviously have other needs then those two but those two are pretty big.