Grade the Bears signings so far

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mike Davis - A - Like the signing. Low risk, high upside.

Buster Skrine - D - Experienced player at a position of need. Seems like an overpay. History of penalties is concerning.

Cordarelle Patterson - B - Should fix our terrible kickoff return game and contribute a bit on offense. Like the signing just wish it were for a tad less.

Ted Laresen - B - Depth signing for peanuts but very experienced. He'll come in handy when Long gets injured again.

Ha Ha Clinton Dix - A - Former pro bowl safety who's only 26 on a 1 year deal for 3.5 million? This is a huge steal.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are these grades A-, D-, B-, B-, A-, or A, D, B, B, A with an extra hyphen after them?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]Nick Markoutsakis@Sfakia81 4m4 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ryan Pace can draft whatever position he wants this team is stacked with zero holes. This team will go as far as @Mtrubisky10 will take them. I hope he is hungry as hell. Kicker is the biggest question mark. RB, OL, CB, S are the positions I expect to be drafted. #Bears
[/FONT]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mike Davis B+ just okay but maybe GREAT we will see.
Buster Skrine C - hopefully he gets his **** together with this good D
Cordarelle Patterson B maybe an A - if he gets used like Pats used him.
Ted Laresen F total ****ing **** better off with Kush
Ha Ha Clinton Dix A +++ Just the perfect situation for everyone coming together.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’ll try and do better next time.

I'm not trying to be a dick by the way it was just SUPER CONFUSING for me and I know you don't try to do that **** intentionally.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Skrine C
Davis B
Patterson A
Larsen C
Clinton-Dix A+
Houston A+

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A ......Dix

B ......Skrine

A ......Davis

C ......Larsen

A .....Patterson

B .....Braunecker

It's an illusion, it's a game
A reflection of someone else's name

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Grading system

A - Pro Bowl level player
B - Good starter
C - Average player
D - Below average player
F - Terrible player

Mike Davis C+ He is cheap but I think his upside is no better than being a good player but more likely IMO being an average player hence the C+ .That is still useful as you can't be stacked with good players everywhere but nothing to write home about.

Buster Skrine C- Think his upside is really just as an average player but also have the potential in my view to be a below average player. I gave him a C- rather than a D+ as I think he is a bit more likely to just be average than below average.

Cordarelle Patterson C Kickoff Return guys are an increasingly dying breed with all the rule changes but I gave him a C because I think he has the ability to be an average player on offense particularly if he gets more snaps as a RB as opposed to a WR.

Ted Larsen D Below average player that will always be a below average player.

Ha Ha Clinton Dix B- Good player who signed for a good price. Gave him a B- because there is a slight risk that he ends up just being average (don't think there is much risk in him being bad) and because it is a one year deal so if he is good then he likely walks next year as unlikely to give him big money and Jackson bigger money. So not a lot of long term value.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Seems like they have been able to do what they wanted to do far, so I can't give them a bad grade. We do,t even know how guys like Davis and CP will be used yet!

I'd give us an A, but will lower it to a solid B+ so I dont get called a meatball by the formerly banned gang....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems like they have been able to do what they wanted to do far, so I can't give them a bad grade. We do,t even know how guys like Davis and CP will be used yet!

I'd give us an A, but will lower it to a solid B+ so I dont get called a meatball by the formerly banned gang....

Cry

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If this year was an A then what is last year? A+? Do we really think the difference between this year and last is only a + grade? Seems like an awfully generous grading system for sure.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If this year was an A then what is last year? A+? Do we really think the difference between this year and last is only a + grade? Seems like an awfully generous grading system for sure.

It is measured against meeting your goals for that particular year, not just the number of FAs signed.

If you were in school and got 100/100 on a test, would that be a better letter grade than if you got 20/20 on a later test?

And if you say they got more talent last year....duh. But if they had spent like that this year, assuming it was even possible (it wasn't), it would be a complete disaster because of our different situation.

We have made the most of our situation, and are still a likely contender...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Last year and this year are completely different as they are trying to accomplish 2 entirely different objectives. Last year they were trying to surround their young QB with the best young talent they could and make the playoffs. This offseason they are SB contenders and strapped for cash. As most SB contenders who are short on money do they are trying to sign cheap upgrades and depth when they can. Objectives are different so you can’t grade them the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Skrine C
Davis B
Patterson A
Larsen C
Clinton-Dix A+
Houston A+

I thanked this but mostly cause of the Houston signing. I think you guys are too down on Skrine and think he'll hold his own in this defense. Patterson an A? I just can't stop thinking that we could of got T.Coleman for even cheaper then what we gave Patterson. He's already talking about how he doesn't wanna play RB.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ccs - d+

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Grading system

A - Pro Bowl level player
B - Good starter
C - Average player
D - Below average player
F - Terrible player

Mike Davis C+ He is cheap but I think his upside is no better than being a good player but more likely IMO being an average player hence the C+ .That is still useful as you can't be stacked with good players everywhere but nothing to write home about.

Buster Skrine C- Think his upside is really just as an average player but also have the potential in my view to be a below average player. I gave him a C- rather than a D+ as I think he is a bit more likely to just be average than below average.

Cordarelle Patterson C Kickoff Return guys are an increasingly dying breed with all the rule changes but I gave him a C because I think he has the ability to be an average player on offense particularly if he gets more snaps as a RB as opposed to a WR.

Ted Larsen D Below average player that will always be a below average player.

Ha Ha Clinton Dix B- Good player who signed for a good price. Gave him a B- because there is a slight risk that he ends up just being average (don't think there is much risk in him being bad) and because it is a one year deal so if he is good then he likely walks next year as unlikely to give him big money and Jackson bigger money. So not a lot of long term value.
Odd grading system since some are meant to be secondary or tertiary players,and not factoring salary and cap cost but going by your grading system and new player grades, seems like they have improved.
New------------- vs--------------Old
Mike Davis-C+: Benny Cunningham-D+
Buster Skrine-C-: Bryce Callahan-B- (minus due to availability issues)
Cordarelle Patterson -C(as a KR this is a horribly low grade that you gave): Cunningham/White-D
Larsen-D:Kush-D
HaHa-B-:Amos C+