Smokescreens, Predictions, and Called It Thread - 2019 Edition

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
4/20 is over, but I guess you can still be high bro. Heres my stoner take:

My prediction, a player I had a boner for months ago, is that the bears draft darrell henderson in the 2nd round after a trade up.

You want to talk smokescreen....he's pretty much one of the only top rb talents we HAVEN'T met with.

I could also see Darrell Henderson being a choice. I don't think it is a coincidence either he hasn't been mentioned. I think he is a vast upgrade over the mid round runningbacks and a player that fits Nagy's style. Not sure he is as much of a compliment to Cohen, but I'm sure the scouts are familiar with him from watching A. Miller last year and he is on their radar.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
There are more than a handful of acceptable backs, with one certainly available in the 4th.
With the 87th pick, Pace is hoping that a potential future starting DB falls to him. If not, there’s really no point and he trades the pick to move up in the 2020 draft,
CCS goes bonkers.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My easy prediction is that Pace will make trades up and/or down in the draft but if i'm gonna make a bold prediction then i'm gonna say he also trades a player to get a draft pick or picks. I'm gonna throw the names of Shaheen and Kwiatkowski and J.Bullard out there as players that could get traded.
Lmao at any GM who gives Pace a pick for Adam Shaheen and lmao at you thinking anyone is giving a pick for a bust at TE. Lmao.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The annual thread of trying to understand a smokescreen.

No GM will only visit with guys he wants to draft, and no GM will visit with only guys he does not want to draft.

It's really not that complicated.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace drafts offensive line with the first two pics and your boy DC is in heaven as the line and Mitch are solidified for the next 10 years.

#calledit

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
My easy prediction is that Pace will make trades up and/or down in the draft but if i'm gonna make a bold prediction then i'm gonna say he also trades a player to get a draft pick or picks. I'm gonna throw the names of Shaheen and Kwiatkowski and J.Bullard out there as players that could get traded.

Awesome stuff. Maybe throw in Cody Parkey's contract and Jay Cutler's residuals, too, and package it all together in exchange for a couple of first rounders.

I expect Pace to trade away either one or both of his 2020 2nd round picks to move up in this year's draft. Deficit spending.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This would be more fun if I gave a flying fuck.... We have pick #87 with about a billion different possibilities, I come out and play when we have a first round pick again, hopefully at 32!!

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
My "this will not happen because he will be gone but a boy can dream" prediction.

Tytus Howard (OT - Alabama State) slides to 87 and the Bears grab him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I predict dabears70 derails the draft thread on draft day. I know I’m not really going out on a limb here

greg23

Liked Posts:
My #calledit predictions

First two picks the Bears draft speed-upside-playmakers who can contribute this year but arent forced into the stating lineup because of need-lack of other players:

Justice Hill
Rb
Ok state

Miles Boykins
Wr
Notre Dame

Next three picks they end up with cb-guard-saftey in some order

They also sign 1 udfa rookie kicker (gay from Utah) a udfa te and eventually a veteran te

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace drafts offensive line with the first two pics and your boy DC is in heaven as the line and Mitch are solidified for the next 10 years.

#calledit

I will never shit on an OL pick.

The group is so important and there are always injuries.

CB and OL are where bad players get exposed and destroy seasons.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Miles Sanders is just not as good as the hype. I don't get it. I watched Penn State play this past season. I didn't see him do a lot with a great many of the handoffs. He's just not as good as he thinks he is. He has terrible ball control with a lot of fumbles. He just isn't worth the price to move up and get a second round pick.

My called it is that they take a TE in the third and an RB in the fourth. In fact, I think they'll trade back in the fourth to get a quality back and pick up another pick. The fourth is where most of the RBs will go and they can get a good one and an extra pick by trading back here.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
My prediction is he will draft a position not deemed a "position of need" with one first two selections we have.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
my prediction is TE (sternberger) followed by RB (weber) and UDFA RB (holyfield)...pace loves them georgia boys

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will not take a RB or TE with the 3rd round pick. In fact, I don't think they take a TE at all. If they do, i'll be 7th round. 3rd I say CB, 4th could be the RB spot. After that probably OL.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I'm completely with you VA. Pace is all about draft day zero dark infinity and smokescreenery. My prediction is we get back into round 2 and take Pace's RB he has targeted from the start. Why didn't Pace wait until draft day to deal Howard? He wanted to make sure he had at least some sort of additional ammunition to move up. We already have two #2's next year and likely a couple extras with comps from this year.

My called it: Pace trades 2020 #2 (CHI not OAK's), 2020 #6 and 2019 #5 for 2019 #2 and takes a RB.

Additional called it: We then proceed to trade down in round 3 for an additional pick, and to be exact a 2019 late #5 pick.

In summary: Pace's crazy genius will work it out so Howard + next year's 2nd rounder nets us this year's Howard replacement RB in round 2.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
TE anybody? Nobody's talking about it. Coach cant be happy with the no show for the playoffs

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
They will not take a RB or TE with the 3rd round pick. In fact, I don't think they take a TE at all. If they do, i'll be 7th round. 3rd I say CB, 4th could be the RB spot. After that probably OL.

The TE group is underwhelming to me. Pace has backed up his talk of taking the BPA and I'm not sure there is any value in this group to where one of them will be the BPA when we pick. But, with that said, Pace probably has a list of players from smaller schools he may be eyeing and it wouldn't surprise me if he has one he likes.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Miles Sanders is just not as good as the hype. I don't get it. I watched Penn State play this past season. I didn't see him do a lot with a great many of the handoffs. He's just not as good as he thinks he is. He has terrible ball control with a lot of fumbles. He just isn't worth the price to move up and get a second round pick.

My called it is that they take a TE in the third and an RB in the fourth. In fact, I think they'll trade back in the fourth to get a quality back and pick up another pick. The fourth is where most of the RBs will go and they can get a good one and an extra pick by trading back here.

Interesting. I can't say I watched much of Penn State, but I did watch a game here or there and I was impressed by Sanders. If for anything because everyone knew Penn State was going to continually run the ball, but Sanders kept getting yards...then again, the one full game of theirs I watched was against Illinois which was Miles best game of the year

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I will never shit on an OL pick.

The group is so important and there are always injuries.

CB and OL are where bad players get exposed and destroy seasons.

Can't fault Pace for drafting OL when he nails picks like James Daniels and Cody Whitehair