Smokescreens, Predictions, and Called It Thread - 2019 Edition

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Awesome stuff. Maybe throw in Cody Parkey's contract and Jay Cutler's residuals, too, and package it all together in exchange for a couple of first rounders.

I expect Pace to trade away either one or both of his 2020 2nd round picks to move up in this year's draft. Deficit spending.

The thing with Pace somewhat mortgaging the future is that as long as he continue to hits draft picks and FA guys..extra picks will eventually make their way back around through compensatory selections. Yes we have some needs this year, but they aren't gaping holes like they were in years past. We are positioning ourselves like the Patriots who never have early selections. You don't need them when your team is good and you are making hay in FA and with mid-round compensatory picks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hronnis Grassu, Jordan Morgan, Tayo Fabuluje say hello.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
"There's no pressing huge needs" - Pace trying really hard to pretend like RB isn't a priority this draft. SMOKESCREEN! Its just my gut feeling, but like I said in the OP, everything Pace has done has been to divert attention from him picking a RB with his first pick and even moving up to get his guy. He "knows what the narrative is" and has been trying to sway it, or in the least push projections of us picking a RB until the later rounds. You don't interview and workout every RB in the draft without the intention of drafting a RB or getting other teams to think you are.

These GM's map out which teams are interested in who and try and project who is going where. Part of me thinks the J.Howard trade had a two-fold objective. One to get compensation, but also to try and eliminate a need from a team's draft board (in this case Philly). Doing this, thus pushes the RB group back and increases the likelihood one of Pace's guys fall.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Here is a couple predictions for Day 1:

1. I guarantee that Ed Oliver is picked by the Raiders at #4 and will be selected before Quinnen Williams.
2. 3 QB's will be selected in the top 10 and 4 will go in the top 15
3. Haskins > Giants and Jones > Redskins
4. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown will be the #1 WR taken and he will go to either Buffalo or Green Bay.
5. Rashan Gary drops out of the 1st round.
6. Byron Murphy will be the top CB taken and he will go to Pittsburgh or Detroit
7. Josh Jacobs will be selected by the Raiders.
8. Baltimore will select A.J Brown - at some point.
9. Titans select Dexter Lawrence
10. Jonathan Abram
will be selected by either Detroit or New England

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Here is a couple predictions for Day 1:

1. I guarantee that Ed Oliver is picked by the Raiders at #4 and will be selected before Quinnen Williams.
2. 3 QB's will be selected in the top 10 and 4 will go in the top 15
3. Haskins > Giants and Jones > Redskins
4. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown will be the #1 WR taken and he will go to either Buffalo or Green Bay.
5. Rashan Gary drops out of the 1st round.
6. Byron Murphy will be the top CB taken and he will go to Pittsburgh or Detroit
7. Josh Jacobs will be selected by the Raiders.
8. Baltimore will select A.J Brown - at some point.
9. Titans select Dexter Lawrence
10. Jonathan Abram
will be selected by either Detroit or New England
I gave you a like, not because I agree with you, but because you called lots of stuff.

dag54

Liked Posts:
I think they take Moreau in the third round, Trayveon Williams in the fourth round, and Saivion Smith in the fifth round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The TE group is underwhelming to me. Pace has backed up his talk of taking the BPA and I'm not sure there is any value in this group to where one of them will be the BPA when we pick. But, with that said, Pace probably has a list of players from smaller schools he may be eyeing and it wouldn't surprise me if he has one he likes.

I don't think the TE group is all that underwhelming. Hockenson is gonna be the next great TE IMO and then Fant and I.Smith should be good as well but after those 3 there's definitely a drop off, but still there's guys i can see as starters in the league. I really like J.Sternberger and i know Windy likes Oliver and some like Warring. I'm just hoping Detroit doesn't get Hockenson cause there's talk of him going that high. I'm hoping Jax takes him right before Det because they absolutely need to give Foles some receiving help.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The thing with Pace somewhat mortgaging the future is that as long as he continue to hits draft picks and FA guys..extra picks will eventually make their way back around through compensatory selections. Yes we have some needs this year, but they aren't gaping holes like they were in years past. We are positioning ourselves like the Patriots who never have early selections. You don't need them when your team is good and you are making hay in FA and with mid-round compensatory picks.

You can still find day one starters in the end of the 1st round and for a guy like Pace that is good with his mid and late round picks and loves trading up and down in the draft getting those comp picks is huge for us staying the course of being good every year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't think the TE group is all that underwhelming. Hockenson is gonna be the next great TE IMO and then Fant and I.Smith should be good as well but after those 3 there's definitely a drop off, but still there's guys i can see as starters in the league. I really like J.Sternberger and i know Windy likes Oliver and some like Warring. I'm just hoping Detroit doesn't get Hockenson cause there's talk of him going that high. I'm hoping Jax takes him right before Det because they absolutely need to give Foles some receiving help.

They signed a te in fa. They are likely going for defense to get more out of Patricia coaching. Look at who they got as a oc te never did shit for him

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
You can still find day one starters in the end of the 1st round and for a guy like Pace that is good with his mid and late round picks and loves trading up and down in the draft getting those comp picks is huge for us staying the course of being good every year.

You mean to tell me that a team can find a day one starter at the end of the 1st round!?!?!

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They signed a te in fa. They are likely going for defense to get more out of Patricia coaching. Look at who they got as a oc te never did shit for him

Yeah they signed Jesse James from Pitt but not sure that will make them look away from a legit TE like Hockenson but they have so many needs especially on that defense that i can definitely see them grabbing one of the big D-Lineman like E.Oliver or C.Wilkins or going OLB with M.Sweat or even grabbing ILB like D.White or D.Bush. Does Patricia run a 4-3 or a 3-4? Many ways they could go but i'm so high on Hockenson that i would hate to see him playing for anyone in the North.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah they signed Jesse James from Pitt but not sure that will make them look away from a legit TE like Hockenson but they have so many needs especially on that defense that i can definitely see them grabbing one of the big D-Lineman (E.Oliver) or going OLB with M.Sweat or even grabbing ILB like D.White or D.Bush. Does Patricia run a 4-3 or a 3-4? Many ways they could go but i'm so high on Hockenson that i would hate to see him playing for anyone in the North.

Good God man.......... ??????????????????????????

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah they signed Jesse James from Pitt but not sure that will make them look away from a legit TE like Hockenson but they have so many needs especially on that defense that i can definitely see them grabbing one of the big D-Lineman like E.Oliver or C.Wilkins or going OLB with M.Sweat or even grabbing ILB like D.White or D.Bush. Does Patricia run a 4-3 or a 3-4? Many ways they could go but i'm so high on Hockenson that i would hate to see him playing for anyone in the North.

Sweat was all the rage on talk radio before something about an injury with him

Right now it’s split between lb white and te hockenson.

They have Harrison and flowers on dline right now. I’m thinking they go greedy Williams or white with the pick. They seem to be distancing themselves from stafford. Got rid of his oc, got rid of his fav wr, hired a run first oc etc.

This is my take from what I hear locally

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Division wise I’m curious what the pack do with two first round picks. If you want to worry about where hockenson lands worry about the pack. Even wr for them would make sense

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
This is unrelated, but I find it funny that the last few days we've had dabears70 derailing/ruining literally every front page thread, msadows claiming he got a 39 on his ACT, etc....yet at no point has xer0h0ur shown up to tell us how bad CCS is! He would actually have a legit argument now!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is unrelated, but I find it funny that the last few days we've had dabears70 derailing/ruining literally every front page thread, msadows claiming he got a 39 on his ACT, etc....yet at no point has xer0h0ur shown up to tell us how bad CCS is! He would actually have a legit argument now!
I'm just going to focus on Mock Drafts for the rest of the week, hopefully offsetting how bad some members are making CCS user experience. It's been a rough week here for all of us that just want to READ or talk football.

msadows

Liked Posts:

It was a 32. You no life trolls act like children in grade school.

Go break a hip old man, then use the crack to go fuck yourself.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a 32. You no life trolls act like children in grade school.

Go break a hip old man, then use the crack to go fuck yourself.

I literally quoted your post where you LIED about getting a 39 on your ACT. After I called you out, you edited your post to a 32.