NHL Playoffs thread

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was the 'cleanest' Game 7 I've ever seen. Hardly any extra-curriculars, no fighting. I remember an old Hawks-Wings series where Detroit had this guy named Justin Abdelkader and the only thing the guy did for an entire 7 game series was to try to incite a fight after every whistle. Ungodly stuff. You didn't have that with Caps-Canes.

I think the Caps kind of blew the game. They were caught in a change on Staal's tying goal, and up to that point they had been dominating the game. The Canes took over in OT, and I thought the Caps were fortunate the refs swallowed the whistles, because there were a few blatant penalties that weren't called. That said, the 2nd OT began differently, with Washington asserting itself again. The lack of any scoring chances on their power play probably did them in. I thought it was funny that Williams had the exact same shot in OT that Staal scored on, but Holtby made the save.

Teravainen looked good. He was fresh when everyone else was starting to look tired.

That PK in OT by the Canes after the delay of game penalty was a clinic and a thing of beauty.

Very happy for the Canes. The legend of Brock McGinn begins.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was the 'cleanest' Game 7 I've ever seen. Hardly any extra-curriculars, no fighting. I remember an old Hawks-Wings series where Detroit had this guy named Justin Abdelkader and the only thing the guy did for an entire 7 game series was to try to incite a fight after every whistle. Ungodly stuff. You didn't have that with Caps-Canes.

I think the Caps kind of blew the game. They were caught in a change on Staal's tying goal, and up to that point they had been dominating the game. The Canes took over in OT, and I thought the Caps were fortunate the refs swallowed the whistles, because there were a few blatant penalties that weren't called. That said, the 2nd OT began differently, with Washington asserting itself again. The lack of any scoring chances on their power play probably did them in. I thought it was funny that Williams had the exact same shot in OT that Staal scored on, but Holtby made the save.

Teravainen looked good. He was fresh when everyone else was starting to look tired.

Goodness, what a game. Yeah, they blew it. They have a tendency of doing that, hence why 8 only has one Stanley Cup. Regular season champs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will add that all those Caps with their name etched majestically across a sterling canvas will remember the name Terrevainen after that series.

Some big goals and a relentless jitterbug he carried a lot of weight and garnered appropriate respectful attention in turn from his vanquished foe

(If they all look closely they can find his name close to theirs, as he also echoes in eterity already)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Teuvo was all I expected him to be. Just all over the ice, all the times he stopped a clearing attempt to put the puck right on the tape of a team mate.

Oh right, we would not be able to afford him in 2021.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Never count out a team with Justin Williams in a game seven.

I don't care if the guys 60 years old, he turns on beast mode in game sevens.

The guy can come to the ice in a walker, somebody hands him his stick at the last second, and he's the best player on the ice.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teuvo was all I expected him to be. Just all over the ice, all the times he stopped a clearing attempt to put the puck right on the tape of a team mate.

Oh right, we would not be able to afford him in 2021.
Yeah...bowman can do some things, but let’s not forget that keeping Seabs, while losing Panarin, Teuvo, Hammer are the definitive mistakes that ended the run.

Buff, Ladd, Leddy, some other things were unavoidable...

But change the four above and our reality is much different.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Never count out a team with Justin Williams in a game seven.

I don't care if the guys 60 years old, he turns on beast mode in game sevens.

The guy can come to the ice in a walker, somebody hands him his stick at the last second, and he's the best player on the ice.

It really is amazing. Dude is money

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Marchand have a punchable schnozz or what

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
did you know the Blues are 29-6 with Billington in net?

Jesus....thats like Lightning level.

(yes I finally figured out Jake Allen is dead...I guess he can't roid and HGH anymore, I think it was 2016 playoffs his reactions were so much faster than I had ever seen him I thought he was roiding)

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude. Marchand is legendary. That shit with Atkinson last night was pure psychology and brilliance.

He's like Sean Avery with 10x the skill.

Does he refuse to drop the gloves? I would smash that smurf and cut his face on the ice. I don't get how he gets away with agitating some of the beasts he does. He must be a little cunt that pokes you, slashes you constantly, talks shit, roughs you up dirty at every turn, every chance against the wall...but won't drop the gloves. I don't think I could get past one shift without losing my shit and biting him or something.

Also...what would happen if somebody headbutted somebody else in a fight? I guess helmets prevent that and make it an even more severe assault if you connect with damage...but would the league ban a guy for 50 games or something?

I assume you would lose alot of respect around the league and be massively suspended? But shit...people are fighting? Are there unwritten rules to the fighting? It aint a street fight?

Do him a favor...good solid forehead and flatten that nose into oblivion...

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Does he refuse to drop the gloves? I would smash that smurf and cut his face on the ice. I don't get how he gets away with agitating some of the beasts he does. He must be a little cunt that pokes you, slashes you constantly, talks shit, roughs you up dirty at every turn, every chance against the wall...but won't drop the gloves. I don't think I could get past one shift without losing my shit and biting him or something.

Also...what would happen if somebody headbutted somebody else in a fight? I guess helmets prevent that and make it an even more severe assault if you connect with damage...but would the league ban a guy for 50 games or something?

I assume you would lose alot of respect around the league and be massively suspended? But shit...people are fighting? Are there unwritten rules to the fighting? It aint a street fight?

Yeah, he's one of those guys. Creepy little fuck even licked dudes. Like I said, schnozz ripe for punching

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a Stars fan but.....let's go boys. Gotta take one here from the Blows

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marchand is a fucking animal though. I wonder what drugs he takes to get that from his body? Every action he makes between the whistles is as intense and violent as you can be within the rules. But to play like a honey badger for 60 minutes must take a toll.

Respect. Waste of time and energy and punishment for him to fight, he puts it all out there. Throws his body into faceoffs, smashes his hands and arms into conflict violently and repetitively like a gnat trying to wear down a mouse until he just lets him eat his ears.

If you aren't watching CBJ and the Bruins go toe to toe you are missing out on some incredible hockey.

Duchene/Panarin/Johansson/Nash on CBJ now/Atkinson/Marchand/Charra/Coyle/Bobrovsky/Rask

Except its not a skill fest its a war. They are trying to kill each other.

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Probert headbutted McGill with full force back in the day. Instantly dropped him but held on to the jersey or he would have killed him the way he hit the ice.

Yeah, I don't think the NHL would put up with that in this day and age. That was horror back then. Read- murder.

If somebody did that today, I think they lose the privilege of playing in the pussified NHL.

I remember seeing that on the sports segment of the news with my parents in the room and the shock and disgust they had.

Told me to stick to watching pro wrestling cuz it was fake lol

KBIB

Liked Posts:
did you know the Blues are 29-6 with Billington in net?

Jesus....thats like Lightning level.

(yes I finally figured out Jake Allen is dead...I guess he can't roid and HGH anymore, I think it was 2016 playoffs his reactions were so much faster than I had ever seen him I thought he was roiding)
Billy should win the Calder.

Don't care how old he is or how many games he played, he took a shit team and put them on his back and showed great goaltending can solve alot of problems.

Want Bread to get a Cup for Columbus.

Can't stand Torts, tho.

And I'm 100% rooting for Teuvo and the Canes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Billy should win the Calder.

Don't care how old he is or how many games he played, he took a shit team and put them on his back and showed great goaltending can solve alot of problems.

Want Bread to get a Cup for Columbus.

Can't stand Torts, tho.

And I'm 100% rooting for Teuvo and the Canes.
agreed on all accounts