Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saw it coming from the beginning. Didn't you see in the intro, they made Dany look like she was going bat shit crazy. Then when Jon rejected her cause he didn't want to knowingly fuck his Aunt, ya knew she'd be in a real bad mood.

Yeah I knew it would happen but doesnt mean it made sense. Her suddenly going boy crazy like a 12 year old girl is a joke.

Also it wad premediated. She straight up lied to Tyrion about her intent and then waited until after the bells were rung to go ape shit.

Makes no fucking sense. If she were going to go apeshit she should have done so before the bell ringing and they should have shown her being willing to kill innocents before today.

Last edited:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I knew it would happen but doesnt mean it made sense. Her suddenly going boy cpl crazy like a 12 year old girl is a joke.

Also it wad premediated. She straight up lied to Tyrion about her intent and then waited until after the bells were rung to go ape shit.

Makes no fucking sense. If she were going go apeshit she should have done so before the bell ringing and they should habe shown her being willing to kill innocents before today.
Dorkchop.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes because I form opinions based on what critics and fans say. You liked the last Jedi because of the critics’ reviews I take it?

No point is a lot of highly rated shows thst you can watch and decide. Just blindly saying it is the best when you probably watched less than 5% of what is out there is stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It really shouldn't.

So the Queen beheads someone very close to Dany and that shouldn't trigger her? Seems that would be a pretty opportune time to lose your shit.

Except of course she saw the queen and could have burned Cersei but was like fuck it let me murder children after giving my word to Tyrion.

She knew exactly where Cersei was but decided to burn kids instead of the person that actually beheaded Missandei. If not got Sandro and her wasting time to talk to Jamie, Cersei could have likley left the city and escaped given the time wasted for her to kill children instead of Cersei.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I actually thought this was the best episode of season so far. Yeah the writing sucked but as previously noted the directing and acting were great.

My biggest gripe is Cersei’s death was way to easy and humane for that monster. I get that she was pregs but the fact that Arya didn’t get that kill was disappointing to me.
Her head should have been on a spike. Ned didn’t get to see Catelyn again and she shouldn’t have been able to see Jamie

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except of course she saw the queen and could have burned Cersei but was like fuck it let me murder children after giving my word to Tyrion.

She was establishing her "rule by fear"....

It just doesn't fucking click.... at all.

If this is really what they wanted to go for, they could have spent last season and this season building up mental instability...

They could have had her lose a child..... could have made Cersei's betrayal and decision to not send her army to help in The Long Night matter alot more.... could have built up Dany's madness and resentment of the populace of Westeros beyond just "They like Jon more den me!!!"

Dany's turn to madness and decision to rule by fear and burn King's Landing is the writers trying to cash in with a shock.... a betrayal, like RR Martin did at the Red Wedding, except they want to cash in on something they didn't fucking build.

Oddly they did spend time building the Night King, then they sold him for a cheap #AryaYouGoGirl moment.

Like I said earlier, I will be happy to see this series end with whatever splat they shit out next week.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think the writers attempted to show that her sudden loneliness and losing a lot of people she cared about in a short amount of time was enough for her to snap and go mad. I would have preferred if they made it more long term though because as Varys said when a Targaryen is born it’s a coin flip so if she is mad we should have seen it a little more early on, especially because the targaryens are supposed to have a predisposition to madness due to their long tradition of incest.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
You did it to yourself. Imagine reading a spoiler and then being upset when it comes true. Now you're (to be fair, you're not the only one ) pouting about on a message board and didn't even finish watching it.

Ya'll are a bunch of snobs.
giphy.gif

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the writers attempted to show that her sudden loneliness and losing a lot of people she cared about in a short amount of time was enough for her to snap and go mad. I would have preferred if they made it more long term though because as Varys said when a Targaryen is born it’s a coin flip so if she is mad we should have seen it a little more early on, especially because the targaryens are supposed to have a predisposition to madness due to their long tradition of incest.
The crazy bitch walked out of burning fire. Who does that with complete confidence unless they are fucking nut jobs. She has lost everything she ever loved in the show and now her crown was never going to be fully hers. They did build this up. People just want to write their own stories in their mind

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The crazy bitch walked out of burning fire. Who does that with complete confidence unless they are fucking nut jobs. She has lost everything she ever loved in the show and now her crown was never going to be fully hers. They did build this up. People just want to write their own stories in their mind
Lol at thinking her walking out of fire is evidence for being insane

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Oh I’m sorry, that’s what normal people do even for GOT world. They foreshadowed this forever. You created your own story
Literally nobody in the show thought it was insane. You know some targaryens have fire resistance right?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally nobody in the show thought it was insane. You know some targaryens have fire resistance right?
No one thought it was insane? She got a whole army to follow her because they like her magic trick. Got ya.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would say the most clever part of the episode is showing the lengths Varys would take to get his preferred king on the throne

He tried reasoning with Tyrion
He is sending letters
He tried poisoning danerys but she wouldn’t eat
He tried reasoning with Jon

And at the end his scheming caught up with him

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say the most clever part of the episode is showing the lengths Varys would take to get his preferred king on the throne

He is sending letters

Probably the most heroic of them all. He knew what was about to happen. At first, I thought Tyrion grabbed his crotchless dick at the end

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

He is sending letters

He did?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

She knew exactly where Cersei was but decided to burn kids instead of the person that actually beheaded Missandei. If not got Sandro and her wasting time to talk to Jamie, Cersei could have likley left the city and escaped given the time wasted for her to kill children instead of Cersei.

Except of course my only point was the beheading is plenty to trigger someone into losing their shit, how far they go was'nt my point.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

What other scheme could he be hatching with a kitchen peasant? She seemed terrified when telling Varys she won’t eat. Maybe im giving the writers too much credit here and that isn’t what was being implied lol lol