How good do you guys think Yoan Moncada will be this season?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Moncada has surprised me to start the season. Def a good sign moving forward..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
IT always a surprise to see a hot bat this early when it’s so damn cold out.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not good enough to matter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's doing wonderful. He just need to main a level head thru the slumps when they come. This is another piece that looks to be solid for the rebuild

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's nice to see him and Anderson playing so well... Now if we could get a couple of young guys up so we don't have to see Engel, Alonso, Palka, Sanchez and Castillo all batting below the Mendoza line. Castillo did hit the game winner for us last night, but yeesh... the bottom of our lineup is BRUTAL!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's nice to see him and Anderson playing so well... Now if we could get a couple of young guys up so we don't have to see Engel, Alonso, Palka, Sanchez and Castillo all batting below the Mendoza line. Castillo did hit the game winner for us last night, but yeesh... the bottom of our lineup is BRUTAL!

Yolmer has been really bad..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Yoan at 3B.... I kept thinking last year, "Damn we need someone better at 3B.... why don't they try Moncada there?"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like him at 3B too Ares after they drafted a college groomed near ready 2B/SS in the 1st round last year and Anderson rebounded from his down year more than successfully.

You keep Abreu, wait for Jiminez/Ropert, bring the young 2Bman up as soon as this fall and try Moncada at 3B.

The White Sox look like they can not be an embarrassment this year and actually compete above .500 as early as 2020. imo

Schwarber or a nice big lefty to balance the outfield would be nice, then again Schwarber would probably DH here, get real fat, and crank 40+ at .220. If you wan that, Reynolds is probably floating around unwanted somewhere.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like him at 3B too Ares after they drafted a college groomed near ready 2B/SS in the 1st round last year and Anderson rebounded from his down year more than successfully.

You keep Abreu, wait for Jiminez/Ropert, bring the young 2Bman up as soon as this fall and try Moncada at 3B.

The White Sox look like they can not be an embarrassment this year and actually compete above .500 as early as 2020. imo

Schwarber or a nice big lefty to balance the outfield would be nice, then again Schwarber would probably DH here, get real fat, and crank 40+ at .220. If you wan that, Reynolds is probably floating around unwanted somewhere.

Forgot what show it was but it was an afternoon on MLB Network and the host kept insisting the White Sox trade Abreu. Rosenthal was on as the analyst and he flat out told him they aren't trading him. The host kept going on and on.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forgot what show it was but it was an afternoon on MLB Network and the host kept insisting the White Sox trade Abreu. Rosenthal was on as the analyst and he flat out told him they aren't trading him. The host kept going on and on.

I don't see the impetus to trade him... like just to try to sell relatively high on him?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see the impetus to trade him... like just to try to sell relatively high on him?
I think you got to keep a great contact hitter with pop like him if you intend to ever go all the way. Had the Cubs traded Rizzo they would have lost their heart and left the job just unfinished or out of reach.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Abreu has more value IMO as a mentor to the younger latin players than his bat