How would you like your steaks cooked?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Salt and pepper with it being medium rare.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ok so I have to ask, what is the preferred cut of steak?

In order for me is:

Ribeye
Strip
Tbone/Porterhouse
Sirloin

If I am lighting up the smoker tho I love to go with tri tip. One of the most underrated cuts of beef in my opinion if you know how to cook and slice it.
I like them all.
The past few weeks we have been doing skirt for our tacos, but next week I'll be getting several different cuts (filet, sirloin, and rib eye) while I take a day to spend with family

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
ITT @brett05 tries hard, throws down "blue rare" to try and be asteak boss, fails hard not knowing chit about steakgerms,

You got to remember, this is coming from a guy who thinks garlic powder is some great time saver over mincing fresh garlic

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Blue and rare are two different types of done-ness . FTR, I am not a connoisseur on steak.

Obviously if you are ordering steaks at Applebees and other chit tier restaurants where you feel the need to have them cooked to the point of being shoe leather.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Blue and rare are two different types of done-ness . FTR, I am not a connoisseur on steak.
I know that, I also know that you can't get sick from a rare or blue rare steak unless it's spoiled meat. If it's spoiled, cooking it well done won't make much difference. Sorry, but you just don't really know what you are talking about when you say you order cheap steak well done to avoid getting sick...

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When i'm out at a fine restaurant , and the waiter/waitress takes my order and ask how i would like my steak cooked i always tell him/her just " knock the horns off ". Wife rolls her eyes but i still get a chuckle.....................

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I know that, I also know that you can't get sick from a rare or blue rare steak unless it's spoiled meat. If it's spoiled, cooking it well done won't make much difference. Sorry, but you just don't really know what you are talking about when you say you order cheap steak well done to avoid getting sick...
Seriously? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you keep missing the point. ggphat gets it. Let's try once more.

A lower end restaurant will not care for food the same as a high end one.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A restaurant that doesn’t care for their food will no longer be a restaurant.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ITT @brett05 likes his safe to eat steaks cooked BLUE RARE but if he's eating spoiled rancid meat some chef found in the dumpster, WELL DONE. It just tastes better that way?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
When i'm out at a fine restaurant , and the waiter/waitress takes my order and ask how i would like my steak cooked i always tell him/her just " knock the horns off ". Wife rolls her eyes but i still get a chuckle.....................
When asked, pink or no pink, I say no pink, I want purple or red. My wife rolls her eyes too.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone is speaking of spoiled meat but hey
because you think cooking a STEAK well done prevents you from getting sick

not sure why this is so hard to understand

I think you are confusing a steak with a hamburger but whatever, just throw some garlic powder on it and cook until it's grey, you'll be fine.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears