OT: McNabb "I am a HOF'er"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabbcontinues to be of the belief that he deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
"Absolutely," McNabb told TMZ Sports. "I'm not hesitating on that. I am a Hall of Famer. My numbers speak for itself. ... My numbers are better than Troy Aikman, but he has Super Bowl rings and he's played with Hall of Famers as well."

Thoughts?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He has some points when comparing him to Aikman. I believe that he will make it but as a senior member 40 years down the line. The longer he doesn't make it, the more people will compare him to current QBs, not the Aikmans of the world, and he will not look so impressive.

Those 37,276 yards and 234 touchdowns in 13 years won't look so impressive if Mahomes passes them in 7 years as a starter.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He has some points when comparing him to Aikman. I believe that he will make it but as a senior member 40 years down the line. The longer he doesn't make it, the more people will compare him to current QBs, not the Aikmans of the world, and he will not look so impressive.

Those 37,276 yards and 234 touchdowns in 13 years won't look so impressive if Mahomes passes them in 7 years as a starter.
Kids these days have it so easy, man.

But for real, I loved watching McNabb, he was a good QB and fun to watch. I have no problem with him getting into the HoF regardless of championships.

If SB rings are a controlling part of the math to get into the HoF, then I'd casually point out that in the time that Eli Manning (who in no way belongs in the hall as an inductee) got two rings, Rodgers and Brees only got one.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think he will have a mixed opinion group waffling on his fate for years. Also,the more time goes by, the further he will go down the stat charts due to these young players airing it out more with these 4 and 5 WR sets.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

But Aikman is only in because he was a winner on the big stage. Aikman doesn't make it with his career numbers without those SB wins. Boomer Esiason, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer and Jim Everett all have better numbers than Aikman, do any of these guys even get comp tickets to the HOF? His argument is very weak.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without championships, Aikman's #s don't make it either. McNabb's #s are actually behind the league's average improvement by year compared to Aikman's. He's career passer rating is 4 points better than Aikman while the leagues passer rating over that same period was closer to 5 points better so McNabbs #s are relatively worse. Aikman is a borderline inductee that made it because he was part of winning SBs. Mcnabb, who took 150 more sacks in the same length career, was not very clutch, did not win a championship and had controversies within his own team, will never get in.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd vote his predecessor ( Cunningham ) in before Mcnabb. Donavan's inflated ego is obviously still on display.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never really recall thinking of McNabb as an elite QB.
He made 6 Pro Bowls like Aikman so I get it but on it's own, that's not enough for the hall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's just been better than any QB the Bears have ever trotted out there
and why we don't have a modern one in the Hall. Without championships, you need to be Marino.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He made 6 Pro Bowls like Aikman so I get it but on it's own, that's not enough for the hall.

Career 85 passer rating. Romo has similar production with much better TD%, yards per attempt and rating. Is Romo a HOFer? I dunno, i see McNabb as your classic hall of very good.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do
Career 85 passer rating. Romo has similar production with much better TD%, yards per attempt and rating. Is Romo a HOFer? I dunno, i see McNabb as your classic hall of very good.
You seem to want to argue when I'm agreeing with you. Passer rating is one of those metrics that is constantly rising by decade and will be affected by player association so not the best indicator anyway.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
and why we don't have a modern one in the Hall. Without championships, you need to be Marino.
I feel like with the way offenses are, Marino having no rings is like a great modern QB only having one. If you knew, going into the draft, what their future regular season stats would be, you'd guess that they have at least two Superbowls each. Today's Marino-like QBs are Rodgers and Brees (though either or both could still win another).

And you're goddamn right that the unreasonable Bears fan in me is going to pull for Brees getting in over Rodgers. F that guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabbcontinues to be of the belief that he deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
"Absolutely," McNabb told TMZ Sports. "I'm not hesitating on that. I am a Hall of Famer. My numbers speak for itself. ... My numbers are better than Troy Aikman, but he has Super Bowl rings and he's played with Hall of Famers as well."

Thoughts?

OT: DB70 "No you're not"

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Thoughts?

It’s hard to base his worthiness on Aikman, because Aikman as a HOF QB is a travesty.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is not a HOF QB based on the comparisons and #s mentioned in this thread.

On another note will Slaussen ever get in?