Recent content by Canth

1. Are the Bears set a receiving targets for 2024?

The Allen grade definitely opens up the options at 9. If Alt or Turner are there, I think you draft them and don’t look back. I would be fine with Odunze as well. If Turner is gone (likely) and they really want defense, I would be inclined to do a small trade back, get an extra 3rd, before...
  2. Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

It will be interesting to see if they continue to run the ball on 3rd and medium like they did so often with Getsy. That would be very telling if it was a Getsy/Fields issue or if it is directly coming from Eberflus what he wants in his offense.
  3. #9 pick choice?

Interesting. OTC was using a very different scale. They have Bears #9 as 1887 points. Then Jax at #17 (1564) and #48 (1038) for a total of 2602. So, it would be favorable to Chicago by 715 points. https://overthecap.com/trade-calculator
  4. Williams Vs Daniels?

I honestly can't say I care much about the other QB's at this point. My focus is on Williams and how he can transition to the NFL and what he can do in this new Bears offense. So, anything about Daniels or Maye or McCarthy to me is just noise to be ignored.
  5. ESPN Insider Trade Grade: Bears D+

Williams will be the #1 overall pick and there has been a crazy amount of things said about him already. Fields not being on the roster has nothing to do with any additional pressure on Williams. What trading Fields now does do is ensure there is no chance of a divided locker room and that you...
  6. ESPN Insider Trade Grade: Bears D+

I know it's hit or miss with Allbright, but there is this as well...
  7. #9 pick choice?

I was just playing around a little on OTC's website for trade values. I don't see any realistic scenario where the Bears can just straight up trade back from 1.09 and get both a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2024 in return. To get a 2nd rounder included, they will have to add a pick or a player to...
  8. Williams Vs Daniels?

LOL, able to trade down and still get Williams at 4? Wow, that's brilliant.
  9. Williams, the Media, and expectations

I think the Bears should absolutely be in the playoff hunt. I just hate absolutes on something like this with the heavy implication that everything is fucked, fire everyone, start over if they don't make the playoffs with a highly touted rookie QB.
  10. Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

Maybe I am being naive, but I think fans would be excited just to see a single 300+ yard game in his first 4 games. I don't think there is a QB in franchise history to even throw for a single 300+ yard game in their first 4 games for the Bears. Cutler didn't do it (game 5), Trubisky didn't...
  11. Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

I remember. It was dumb then and imo, it is dumb now. Don't overthink it. Just stay at #1 and take the guy that has been the consensus best QB prospect for the last several years.
  12. Williams Vs Daniels?

Some drafts, it seems like a lot of NFL evaluators are just...off. I don't really remember what was going on but when you look at the 2017 draft, there were misses all over the place and especially in that first round. It feels like 2017 was just a bad year for NFL front offices in general...
  13. Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

I don't think Young was considered a surefire #1 last year. If I remember right, there were questions about his size and arm strength. He was considered to be the safer pick as the perception was that he processed the field better so would more easily translate to the NFL. I think he was...
  14. Williams Vs Daniels?

What? Mahomes was the 2nd QB taken...
  15. ESPN Insider Trade Grade: Bears D+

Considering the draft capital they did get, it honestly is not saying much that they had a stronger offer on the table. Technically, a 2024 6th round pick would be a stronger guaranteed offer. For example, I seriously doubt that they would have turned down a day 2 pick over putting Fields in...