Recent content by erwiggins123

1. Will Cubs convention turn into a riot

Don't forger the bad trades he has made, specifically Eloy Jiminez and Dylan Cease for Jose Qunitana. Screw Byrce Harper. I'd rather have Jiminez. The guy has one of the best swings in the game. He hit .355 in Triple-A. If we still had him we win the World Series for sure. I still think if...
  2. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

This is true. I think either the Cubs will take Harper away from the Phillies when Boras calls the Cubs and asks if they can sign him. Then its up to Ricketts who has already made up his mind. If the Cubs got too involved in the Harper race they would likely never get him. Remember last year...
  3. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Don't forget about Dakota Mekkes. In 41 appearances in Iowa he had a 1.17 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP. The guy has great stuff and is MLB ready. We will see in Spring Training but if the Cubs sign no relievers were going to have to count on guys like Dakota.
  4. Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

Yeah like Javy Baez, then at second u have Zobrist, Descalso, Bote, Happ. We don't need Russell but his trade value is so low we probably won't get anything for him. Why not sign Machado, You know he doesn't want to play for the White Sox and their offer of 8 years for $180M That's about $23M a...
  5. Iopace will have the cubs hitting more HRs

Anthony Iopace has already worked with Bryant, Baez, Schwarber, and Almora. He emphases launch angle so we will be seeing a lot of balls flying out of Wrigley. The Red Sox had Chilli Davis as their hitting coach and finished in 4th place. Then they fired him and look what they did last year.
  6. Cole Hamels is open to returning to Cubs

The Cubs are at about $225M in salary. But they're going to lose over $60M in payroll after this season. Once we lose Hamels, Kintzler, Morrow, Cishek, and Dunsing. None of whom we will resign. If we offer Harper $30M were less than $200M in payroll. So one season over the tax which the...
  7. Will Cubs convention turn into a riot

Look at this: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815241-mlb-power-rankings-where-all-30-teams-stand-1-month-from-2019-spring-training Cubs are 5th behind the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and Dodgers. I disagree the Dodgers are better than the Cubs. They traded away Puig, Alex Wood, and Matt...
  8. Will Cubs convention turn into a riot

It would be sick. Bryce Harper is no Albert Pujols who u sign a 10 year deal with and by year 5 you're questioning your sanity. He's 26 which means we get him until he's 36. But if u look at the OPS of the Cubs player (and Harper) almost every one with the exception of Heyward and Descalso...
  9. Brewers Sign Yindall. Time for Cubs to do SOMETHING

I meant $20M per. And he might just get a one year for about $20-25M. But don't give a guy with a cannon arm any 5 ot 6 year contract. Especially when u have to pay him $20M per year to be hurt or dead. It makes me sick that we pay Heyward $20-23M per year to ground out to second base 4 times...
  10. Will Cubs convention turn into a riot

Bro, Why do so few of u get it. If we get Harper that makes us unbeatable, But if not I took a look at all the career stats of our very young group of core players and hell yes our rotation is better than it was in 2016. I just hope they get some good work from the minor league guys who...
  11. Will Cubs convention turn into a riot

Guys I just went through our entire lineup as it probably will be because Bryce is either going to sign with the Phillies or the Cubs because u guys remember they had a 3 hour meeting at the winter meetings and said call us before u sign anything then Ricketts either green lights it or douching...
  12. Cole Hamels is open to returning to Cubs

He won't be back after this year unless he has a Cy Young caliber season and then the Cubs would pay him like $6-8M a year for a year after that. No more long term contracts. $20 was a huge waste because they should have declined the option and let him become a free agent and signed him for...
  13. Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

I agree but what are the guys supposed to do, call the guy a POS and get rid of him? No they support their teammate through thick and thin and that is what makes this teams so special. They genuinely like each other and would never say "get this guy off the team". Why? Because he beat his...
  14. Brewers Sign Yindall. Time for Cubs to do SOMETHING

The Cubs need a closer bad. If they don't sign one or trade for one we are going to lose a lot of games in the 9th. We need someone who can shutdown the opponent. I like Kimbrell on a 2 years deal worth about $20M. Its way more than anyone else will give him. I think a great closer is more...
  15. Schwarber supposedly not on market. Seriously??

Even without Harper the Cubs have a fearsome lineup. Almora Bryant Rizzo Baez Schwarber Contreras Descalso Heyward This is a lineup with potentially 5 or 6 All Stars in it. Like in 2016 when the Cubs sent their entire infield to play for the NL. Harper would make this lineup unbelievably...