Recent content by LordKOTL

1. LordKOTL

B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

Glad NASCAR got his 1st and that he and Mr. Azek showed up. The rest is coaching's fault.
  2. LordKOTL

I'm wondering why he hasn't been sent down for Stauber. He would be hard pressed to do any worse.
  3. LordKOTL

Honestly, if Kurashev and Bedard keep up that chemistry they've been showing, I'm more worried about getting a 2nd line in place than finding someone to play with Bedard. I think getting a 2nd line center and some decent wingers worth a squirt of piss that can give the other teams another line...
  4. LordKOTL

Well, he has Vlassic on defense....and that's it. It's like Kane in 2018. He does O well but no one is playing D. Couple that with the fact that Soder Popinski is worse than the Gong show of backup netminders we had in in 2018 after Crawford went down. Mrazek is doing well, but we were going...
  5. LordKOTL

As I said on the main boards...i had a gut feeling about that game... ...Glad it wasn't Taco Bell.
  6. LordKOTL

Expecting a beatdown.
  7. LordKOTL

That's the point I was driving at. Even though there might have been some players way back when that we were high on that didn't pan out, in actuality only Keith and Seabs (and Crawford, but he wasn't a full time NHL'er) worked out. Everyone else was gone. I think if this build is successful...
  8. LordKOTL

Fair enough. I honestly thought Vrbata would have taken the next step but he never did. But in all actually i didn't think there was much to look forward to back then. All the goalie's were not good for us (including Khabi), I thought the ABC line was overrated in my opinion. Seabs was a...
  9. LordKOTL

At the end of 2006 was there any player you would have hated to see go other than Keith or Seabrook?
  10. LordKOTL

It didn't help that we had a beancounter at the helm who refused to listen to whatever hockey mind braintrust he had at his disposal. We basically had to start at Ground Zero because of the damage he did, and we're still paying for it *cough*SethJones*cough* Kyle from Chicago, even though he's...
  11. LordKOTL

Korch, for one. I don't think he's horrible but he definitely makes some rookie mistakes as-expected by a rookie D-man. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be trying to get better. Reichel, for another. He's down in the A like he should have been for awhile but I'm hoping this sparks him as opposed to...
  12. LordKOTL

The thing that gets me is that Stauber and Soder are the same age. Both are waiver-exempt. The only difference I see is that Stauber's deal expired this year and is arbitration-eligible. But yeah, .875SV% /4.00 GAA? That's not good in any measure; no matter how much the defense sucks...
  13. LordKOTL

On the positive: he and Chevy were seeing each other all night. It's a start. On the negative: I think Soder needs to be dropped and Stauber should be brought in at least for a few games played. The worst that can happen, Stauber gets lit up like Soder. Oh, and we pressbox'ed Seabrook...
  14. LordKOTL

Well, I watched the whole draft lottery. I have to say that if it was rigged, they would have had to pay off a lot of people to ensure their silence. I don't think it was rigged though, I think we got very lucky. I do think the hockey world would blow up if we managed to pull an Edmonton and...
  15. LordKOTL

Are you surprised? The only guys we have who are capable of driving offense are injured. The D outside of Vlassic sucks.