Recent content by remydat

1. remydat

OT: In other NFL news

We have Sweat for 4 years at what is now below market and just spent a 2nd on Dexter. By contrast Allen is here for 1 year and DJ for 2 so WR is a more immediate need.
  2. remydat

Draft thoughts from The Athletic’s Robert Mays

Correct hence why I pointed out Jones is here for 2 years still. You seem incapable of considering the whole argument. 1. I am not convinced Alt is a significant upgrade over Jones if at all. 2. Jones still has 2 years to go so if Alt is not then he is on the bench for 2 years barring...
  3. remydat

OT: In other NFL news

This is why you take a WR or Bowers at 9. Poles may not want to pay a WR 30m a year given his KC background.
  4. remydat

Bears having a Wednesday Press Conference to announce new Stadium on Lakefront

If Chicago is 4.6 billion and they need half of it from the government then I dont see how they have the money AH. AH you are adding commercial, retail and residential space that probably adds another couple billion to the cost and if it is all privately owned then it means you have to largely...
  5. remydat

Because like the A's they may have thought they could fund it but as things progressed realized they couldnt. https://wgntv.com/sports/bears-report/report-bears-to-ask-for-over-2-billion-in-public-assistance-for-new-stadium/ Think about this. The above does not have all the real eatate...
  6. remydat

Did you miss where I said he may not beat out Jones who only gave up 2 sacks and 2 QB hits last year. I would not take a guy that could be riding the bench if he doesn't win the LT spot. So for me Bears have to be comfortable that all 3 of Alt, Jones, and Wright can play together to avoid the...
  7. remydat

Penei Sewell (OFFICIAL LANCE STONE THREAD OF THE YEAR WINNER)

Taylor Decker - 8 sacks 9 QB hits 688 pass block snaps Braxton Jones - 2 sacks 2 QB hits 401 pass block snaps
  8. remydat

While this is a fair point, Jones is not a free agent until 2026 and Bears have 9 draft picks next year. Can get a tackle next year. My big issue with Alt is if he doesn't beat out Jones then he is on the bench. A pass rusher or WR plays even if they are not the starter. Alt only makes sense...
  9. remydat

It isnt less complex as it will take a fuck ton more money and as we saw with the fight over property taxes, the city is going to try and gouge them. The A's had the same problem in Oakland. Howard Terminal was this 12 billion dollar project that was going to transform that whole area but the...
  10. remydat

Yeah not arguing that point. I am talking about people complaining abiut Bears not owning their stadium as if that is the norm.
  11. remydat

The irony here is you have no faith in the McCaskeys but you are advocating for AH which was their and Sweaty Teddy's idea. Meanwhile the guy that actually helped build a stadium looked at the AH plan and pivoted to Chicago.
  12. remydat

Joel Klatt's final mock draft

Alt may be the most overrated player in the draft by Bears fans.
  13. remydat

Funny how most commenting have no clue how stadiums work. Jerry Jones doesnt own the Cowboys stadium. The City of Arlington does. The vast majority of stadiums in the NFL are publicly owned for the simple reason they are costly to maintain for the other 350 days a year they are not holding...
  14. remydat

Who is the best edge rusher in the 2024 NFL draft

Difference is you got an extra pick or 2 for dropping to 20 so if Latu doesnt work out at 20 you can still hope the 2nd and/or 3rd round pick you got does.
  15. remydat

Biggs: Borom on the trading block?

His draft status is irrelevant. He went from 62.7 and 69.9 his first 2 years to 45.2 last year so he regressed. Braxton Jones has a 70.5 and 70.8 pass block grade which was better than most first and 2nd year players in his draft class so has nothing to do with his draft status. It was also...