Recent content by ZenBear34

1. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

You people are hilarious. I don't know why I bother. You're right. There are only two choices. Either the line is terrible and Fields is great, or the line is great and Fields is terrible. There is no chance that Fields can at times make the o-line look worse. There is no chance that the line...
  2. Marcus Davenport

Agreed. Carter is what I want from a top 5 pick.
  3. Marcus Davenport

If they don't trade down Jalen Carter. He is a vastly superior prospect imo to Anderson, and 3-technique is the engine of this defense. I think there are a number of intriguing edge rushers. I'm not sold on Anderson. Murphy intrigues me. As does B.J. Ujalari. A couple others as well.
  4. What if I told You the Bears D-line is the 9th best in the NFL?

Is it possible that Fields, who is still developing, is incredibly good at some things, but not good at others? Why does everything have to be binary. It's not: Fields is good=o-line is terrible, or Fields is bad=o-line is great. And also, the problem with what? The offense has been good...
  5. What if I told You the Bears D-line is the 9th best in the NFL?

What does what mean? It's a metric which shows how individual and groups fair either blocking or beating blocks. I like it for o-line. I don't think it's infallible or gospel, but it's an interesting way to break down lineman. For defense, it's seems less useful imo, because, as I said, it...
  6. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

No, it takes roll outs into account. Many of Fields' sacks are because of him. I am a fan, but that is the reality.
  7. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

That's not what this is. Maybe read the methodology before criticizing it.
  8. What if I told You the Bears D-line is the 9th best in the NFL?

I have no beef with anyone. I'm just sharing opinions. I personally believe that Justin Fields is a double edged sword when it comes to this kind of thing. Yes, he does amazing things that covers for some deficiencies around him. But I also think he does things that make the players around him...
  9. What if I told You the Bears D-line is the 9th best in the NFL?

Some people are so far behind in the race they think they're actually winning.
  10. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

Or maybe the o-line isn't that bad. The offense has been very effective since the Washington game. Really, they moved the ball effectively in that game but didn't execute in the red zone. They've been a quality running team all season. They've been an efficient passing team for much of the...
  11. What if I told You the Bears D-line is the 9th best in the NFL?

As I already explained, this metric speaks only to the player on the d-line being in the right position, not that they actually make a play. It also doesn't take into account the rest of the defense, just the d-line. So all the metric says is that the d-line is good at beating run blocks. That...
  12. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

So it's just made up then? I'm not saying it should be taken as gospel, but maybe like I've said all season the majority of football fans have zero idea how to evaluate offensive lineman? And I've watched every Bears game, most of them multiple times, and countless other games, so, no. These...
  13. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

I've said the entire season the Bears o-line is better than Bears fans think. I don't think it's the 2nd best line in the NFL, but it's far from the disaster most make it out to be, outside a few games when injuries were the biggest factor. And the defensive numbers tell me the d-line is in the...
  14. What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

That's a nice theory but this accounts for roll outs and moving pockets. So...no.