What current Bear could Pace trade to move up in the draft?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You are completely delusional. I am my own person. I don't "fall in" with a troll team. I post what I think, and judge other posts on their own merit. I've already posted my thoughts about Grimson, which you have seen and acknowledged. I don't really understand his 'schtick', but he's never personally attacked me on this message board. I don't mind HHM, and I don't understand why you take such issue with him, but that is for you to sort out.

For you to say "lets get some honesty from you Rory" is ridiculous and, if I cared, offensive...when have I been dishonest? What are you referring to, specifically?

Its always someone else's fault...someone 'making' you derail threads...someone 'making' you have poor quality postings...'making' you personally attack others. I'd like to encourage you to correct your behavior, but you are already well past that. Just taking a break from posting for awhile would be best. JMO

I read some but kinda got to a point that you did not answer my one simple question which would be the 2nd sentence so were you able to answer that?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Not that Bears would WANT to trade any players, and that a team would want, but these are possibilities:

Bush (2nd string)
Kwiatkoski (2nd string)
Bullard (2nd string)
Wims (>2nd string)
McMannis (2nd string)
DHC (2nd string)

I don't think the Bears would be willing to trade Trevathan and play Kwik. Nor trade Long and play Larson. Not this season.

RRH is a movable piece... especially if Bears plan on drafting an OLD/DE; way Pace talked RRH, I don't think he's willing.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Not that Bears would WANT to trade any players, and that a team would want, but these are possibilities:

Bush (2nd string)
Kwiatkoski (2nd string)
Bullard (2nd string)
Wims (>2nd string)
McMannis (2nd string)
DHC (2nd string)

I don't think the Bears would be willing to trade Trevathan and play Kwik. Nor trade Long and play Larson. Not this season.

RRH is a movable piece... especially if Bears plan on drafting an OLD/DE; way Pace talked RRH, I don't think he's willing.

If the Bears could move kyle long at this point I would be surprised.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If the Bears could move kyle long at this point I would be surprised.
If a contending team was not happy with one of their starting guards, I could see them wanting Long for that contract. You get a player who's a top G when healthy, and who'll be a year past their injury, small $/year contract risk.

But since Long took a team friendly contract, Pace is too principled to trade him now.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If a contending team was not happy with one of their starting guards, I could see them wanting Long for that contract. You get a player who's a top G when healthy, and who'll be a year past their injury, small $/year contract risk.

But since Long took a team friendly contract, Pace is too principled to trade him now.

I think Pace is playing with fire if he doesn't seriously consider ANY offer for Long.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is playing with fire if he doesn't seriously consider ANY offer for Long.
I disagree. Despite the adage 'it's all business', players are more likely to sign with a GM/Owner with whom they have a rapport of decency, who keep their word and aren't crazy cut throat. There's a subtle line Pace wouldn't want to cross. Players appreciate how the Bears treated Zack Miller. And it would be a big reputation hit if Long agreed to a team-friendly deal only to be traded within a couple months.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They have the Bears trading Trevathon in this article. I could see why they would do it but he's a really big part of why our defense was so good. I love Roquan and think he's gonna be great but losing Trevathon would be tough.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Despite the adage 'it's all business', players are more likely to sign with a GM/Owner with whom they have a rapport of decency, who keep their word and aren't crazy cut throat. There's a subtle line Pace wouldn't want to cross. Players appreciate how the Bears treated Zack Miller. And it would be a big reputation hit if Long agreed to a team-friendly deal only to be traded within a couple months.

It isn't a team friendly deal if he isn't healthy and on the field. We've seen his incapability of that the last three years.

There is a rather large step between Zach Miller signing a minimum deal to get medical care and Kyle Long signing a "team friendly" deal to be a supposed starter when he cannot work for a whole season.

I get that both may be likeable within the locker room. That is great for the locker room, but not so great when it comes to actual production.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
I think Leonard Floyd makes the most sense. Bears fans seem to think he plays well, which is crazy for a guy who was traded up for to draft in the top ten, and didn't get his first sack until halfway through the year when Fangio schemed an inside stunt for him. Even though he plays bad, some NFL team might be hungry enough to try for an edge rusher to give up a high 3rd for him. I doubt he could get us a second, though.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I think Leonard Floyd makes the most sense. Bears fans seem to think he plays well, which is crazy for a guy who was traded up for to draft in the top ten, and didn't get his first sack until halfway through the year when Fangio schemed an inside stunt for him. Even though he plays bad, some NFL team might be hungry enough to try for an edge rusher to give up a high 3rd for him. I doubt he could get us a second, though.

So sacks are the only stat that matter for an OUTSIDE LINEBACKER. Run support, setting the edge, coverage, hurries, and QB Hits don't exist. You, Sir are a Footbaw genius.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Has Kyle ever really been a top G in the league even if healthy? Or.. just above average with a good last name? I say the latter.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It isn't a team friendly deal if he isn't healthy and on the field. We've seen his incapability of that the last three years.

Yeah, I kind of viewed it as a "take it or leave" deal. It would have been ludicrous for the Bears to continue paying out Long's $10M/yr contract when he's played half the season for the past 3 years. I think if Long refused to restructure his contract, the Bears would have given him his release, taken the 8.5M cap hit this year, and moved on. Long's current contract is the market value for an OG who plays 8 games a year.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I read some but kinda got to a point that you did not answer my one simple question which would be the 2nd sentence so were you able to answer that?

Uh, ok? Grimson and HHM are fine on their own. Threads don't become derailed when they post. You are always the catalyst for thread derailment. Always. And your question itself is typical self-serving "dabears70"...you call those two out with personal attacks, and then say "look at them, they are derailing the thread too!". So childish. Like an older brother punching his younger brother in the face, then tattling on the younger brother to his parents when he punches back.

Since you don't seem to understand, here it is in simple terms...YOU are the problem. YOUR posts are the issue. Please leave this forum to those who want to talk football and spend your time in the off-topic forums.