Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In 2016 KC went 12-4 and won the AFCW, QB Alex Smith went to the probowl.

2017 draft KC moves from 27th to 10th for a 3rd round pick and a first in 2018 to draft Mahomes. In 2017 Smith had a better season than 2016, 4000 yards, 26 TD, 5 int, rating 104.7 pro bowl again, of course.

2018 KC trades Smith to DC for a 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller coming off a 4 interception 2017.

We know what Mahomes did in 2018. KC drafting a QB when they already had a pro bowl QB turned out to be a good move.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You were given multiple examples of teams drafting QB's even with a solid starter, you ignored them. Now you expect me to believe that there is a magic number of examples that will change your mind, and you would like me to go digging around to convince you that a proven way to run a franchise is good. Not going to happen, you stay right there in your state of denial, Brady, Rodgers, Cassel, Garoppolo, are not enough. How many 6th round draft picks just fail and you get nothing, but you need the strategy to work 100% of the time, the draft is a crap shoot, no method is fool proof, this strategy has been proven to work in the past, I hope Pace considers it in the future.

You and remy related?
That's completely false, other than the Patriots, you gave none unless you actually are trying to count Rogers. Rogers was drafted to take over for Favre not be a back up. Favre just managed to play a few more years than expected.
Your own words were a player drafted behind a "solid starter", so that clearly excludes high picks expected to start or picks destine to replace an aging, declining starter in a season or two. Fact is I don't think there is probably 1 example of another return near that of Cassel in the 230 other QB's on that list . (231 QB's since 2000) Your Patriot Way is basically one team hitting on 2 late round QB's in 20 years with every other team combined not even matching, let alone surpassing that 2 player success.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In 2016 KC went 12-4 and won the AFCW, QB Alex Smith went to the probowl.

2017 draft KC moves from 27th to 10th for a 3rd round pick and a first in 2018 to draft Mahomes. In 2017 Smith had a better season than 2016, 4000 yards, 26 TD, 5 int, rating 104.7 pro bowl again, of course.

2018 KC trades Smith to DC for a 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller coming off a 4 interception 2017.

We know what Mahomes did in 2018. KC drafting a QB when they already had a pro bowl QB turned out to be a good move.
Again, drafting high first rounders expected to take over for an aging player that end up starting is not any special Patriot way. It's just drafting. Your examples are just pointless.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is silly bullshit, new rules, goal posts moved. Now first rounders don't count, except they do very much count. The Packers and the Chiefs both had pro bowl starters and they both drafted a QB.

"legit examples have been disqualified" I have no intention of trying to come up with the magic number of examples needed to convince you that drafting QB's when you already have a QB is a solid strategy. It's obvious, you just don't like the strategy, go tell tell Belichick what a dope he is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is silly bullshit, new rules, goal posts moved. Now first rounders don't count, except they do very much count. The Packers and the Chiefs both had pro bowl starters and they both drafted a QB.

"legit examples have been disqualified" I have no intention of trying to come up with the magic number of examples needed to convince you that drafting QB's when you already have a QB is a solid strategy. It's obvious, you just don't like the strategy, go tell tell Belichick what a dope he is.
I totally agree the goalposts have certainly been moved. The discussion that started with...
Round 5, Pick 162 Jarrett Stidham*, QB, Auburn

THIS is what you read this MOCK DRAFT for. Look ???at what the PATRIOTS do. THey draft QBs and let them sit and become trade bait for other dumb teams.
...now includes high first rounders drafted to start, get this, actually starting.

What a concept.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, drafting QB's when you already have a quality starting QB is a proven formula for success, regardless of round. I told you, stop telling me the strategy sucks, I didn't come up with it, tell Belichick. I'll bet even that sour puss would crack up after hearing from the eye doctor that knows more about football than a guy with all those rings.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:

WTF the bears don't have a ton of picks, none of which are on the first two rounds.

They have a young highly drafted QB with 3 years left on the deal

They have a handsomely paid backup hand picked by the head coach.

Absolutly nothing you are arguing makes any sense whatsoever. We're not drafting a qb in waiting for any reason and certainly not a highly graded one like your so called examples.

Pace has his man and gave up the draft for defense.

Your not making any sense. NE drafting the GOAT in the 6th is absolutely the definition of an outlier and was extremly lucky as it hasn't been replicated.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Pats have drafted like 17qbs since Brady became the starter...how many of them were worth a shit? Maybe 2? It's a wasted pick imo
Worth a shit? well, these Bledsoe (before brady), Cassel, Brissett, Mallett, Garoppolo, Hoyer. And Pats got capital back on the first five.

Nobody is saying that investing a first or second round pick is crazy. That's where all the qbs come from. Not the 5th
Cousins 4th, Mark Brunell 5ht, Hasselbeck 6th, Marc Bulger 6th, Mark Rypien 5th, Theismann 4th, Bart Starr 17th, Staubach 10th, Brady 6th.

But skip that, you have to look at the bigger picture. All drafts are crapshoots. Round value is collectively subjective. Teams can draft a talented QB and develop them. QB is the most important and expensive position. With a rookie contract, hitting on a decent backup is a great value, especially with Daniel at 4.5mil. A developing QB can push the starter. Sometimes you hit on a starter, who can be starter or traded, but that's merely one of the benefits. You should keep swinging at the most important/expensive position with the draft and undrafted.

I have said that I would be all for a QB in the mid to late rnds if they think he has value, but to suggest the Patriots have figured out drafting a QB every few years is a good idea and no one else has is just weird. They may be better at it than most, but if the suggestion is that the Bears should try the Pats strategy of being good at drafting late rnd QB's ...well...seriously?
Yeah, iueyedoc already said he's not against drafting a QB, not sure why you two are still debating. Bears haven't drafted QBs as much as other teams. But in this contending year, with only 5 picks, QB wouldn't be high on my list. K, TE, RB, OLB, OL, CB, S more than fills it. But with Daniel at 4.5mil, Bears interviewed 2 QBs, so go BPA.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF the bears don't have a ton of picks, none of which are on the first two rounds.

They have a young highly drafted QB with 3 years left on the deal

They have a handsomely paid backup hand picked by the head coach.

Absolutly nothing you are arguing makes any sense whatsoever. We're not drafting a qb in waiting for any reason and certainly not a highly graded one like your so called examples.

Pace has his man and gave up the draft for defense.

Your not making any sense. NE drafting the GOAT in the 6th is absolutely the definition of an outlier and was extremly lucky as it hasn't been replicated.

Calm down, at no point did I say the Bears should draft a QB this year, read better. I did say that drafting a QB, even if a team already has a quality starter, has proven to be a good strategy. I never said every team has to pick a QB every draft.

Solid tantrum though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Make it stop

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
This is acturally a pretty decent mock but literally not a A+ grade but your managing to obtain a lot of picks and a decent OL.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you trade away three future picks, our starting TE for a mish-mash of players
listen lil blue, them future picks can be traded back for and the team needs players now. Kmet is a DUD anyways.