Will Allen Robinson be a Chicago Bear after this year?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears can move on from Robinson after this season and have a bunch of young depth.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ummmmm.....yes

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hard to tell. Depends how these young guys all work out.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears can move on from Robinson after this season and have a bunch of young depth.

Another stupid thread by you.

Why don't you make a thread asking if Khalil Mack will be a bear after this year.

We won't move on from robinson, we will move on from gabriel. AntMill and Ridley are built nothing like arob. The pick of Ridley is to eventually groom a player to replace gabriel's production IF they do decide to move on from him next offseason.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I mean...possibly? They can release him after this year and only take a $2 mil cap hit. But I'd say the odds are very high he will play out his contract.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hard to tell. Depends how these young guys all work out.

Anthony Miller & Taylor Gabriel can play well outside with Javon Wims, Riley Ridley or someone else plays inside.

If Anthony Miller plays well and Robinson is injured again I can see Bears save a TON of money with younger talent.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean...possibly? They can release him after this year and only take a $2 mil cap hit. But I'd say the odds are very high he will play out his contract.

If Robinson's contract gets in the way of contract extensions he is gone I'd rather have Cody Whitehair, Leonard Floyd, or Eddie Jackson.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We will need to make cap decisions

But Idt it will be Robinson that goes. They will likely evaluate how the Patterson experiment goes. And idt Gabriel is a guarantee either. How burton if he has another mental midget breakdown and can’t play in important games he could be let go. I think the most obvious cut will be prince @7 mil savings

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Javon Wims may have trouble making this team. I always assumed Wims would eventually take over the Robinson role. But if he's not here, I think AR could play out his contract. Also kind of expecting a good year out of Robinson, so I think it's 50/50 at this point.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears draft a guy in the 4th, and you automatically assume they dump their no. 1 player at that position. Calm tf down..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Signs point to yes. Unless the young guys suck or ARob goes back to being a great WR.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not just no, fuck no. Unless he rips out another knee he is here to stay.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It’s Gabriel or Burton that should be worried. Gabriel is under sized and Burton has anxiety issues.

I think AR will step up to be a top 10 WR in NFL. We will see.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Things can change if say Ridley is a dynamic rookie or Robinson gets hurt but he has a size and skill set that not much of the roster has. Unless the Bears think they're going to find a guy in FA or at the top of the draft with that type of profile, I'd imagine he'd stay. You also would probably get a comp pick in 2022 for him if he's anything decent and you wanted to move on.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
ARob hasn’t been over 1,000 yds since ‘15. I’d recommend he increase his production this year (which I think he does). 750 yd type WR’s just don’t make $15 m per year. You only get to live in the past for so long in the NFL.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
ARob hasn’t been over 1,000 yds since ‘15. I’d recommend he increase his production this year (which I think he does). 750 yd type WR’s just don’t make $15 m per year. You only get to live in the past for so long in the NFL.

With Blake Bortles as QB. Plus Marrone ran a conservative offense. We will see how AR does for the bears this year. He should easily have 1000 yards and 7-8 TDs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He only had 94 targets last year.

That ranks 45th in the nfl.

He will be fine. The healthier he gets, and more comfortable he gets with mitch, the better production and more targets he will get.

He had a higher YPR than most of the #1 WR's in the nfl this season. Had the same as Deandre Hopkins.

You feed the guy the ball, and he will produce.