The Friday night thread

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer not to go back to my drinking roots which started with Natural Light

Good point.

Truly going back to my roots on this one...I would somehow have to find the least potent weed in America.

I imagine the reason I got away from rolling it up is the crazy strong herb in 2019.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good point.

Truly going back to my roots on this one...I would somehow have to find the least potent weed in America.

I imagine the reason I got away from rolling it up is the crazy strong herb in 2019.

Teenage basement roots. The Ontario inspiration for Wayne's World.

jQZS3Un.jpg

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I think I may like the warm weather version of this thread better.

For no real discernible reason, I am rediscovering the lost art of rolling/smoking a joint right now. It feels like it has been years. Gotten lazy with pipes and vaporizers...sometimes you just have to get back to your roots.

I haven't rolled one in so many years.....but for the first time i planted (CA./legal) cannabis, 6 seedlings of Royal Maui Bubba - harvest should yield many pounds of flower and I shall roll once again.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't rolled one in so many years.....but for the first time i planted (CA./legal) cannabis, 6 seedlings of Royal Maui Bubba - harvest should yield many pounds of flower and I shall roll once again.

I found some rolling papers that I believe were left here by a friend of mine that moved back to NYC three years ago and figured why the heck not. I had switched over to a vaporizer as a favor to lungs that also had to deal with twenty-five years of cigarettes too.

Still got the rolling skills, but I just had to put it out halfway through because I am coughing too much and that OG Kush is seriously serious.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't smoke at all anymore, even vaping. I pretty much stopped when it finally became legal, lol.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't smoke at all anymore, even vaping. I pretty much stopped when it finally became legal, lol.

My wife has been moving away from smoking it and going strictly in the edible direction. She is trying to convert me.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had to Google 'Thumbs Up' soda because I have never seen it and stumbled upon this....

lifesavers_drink-can.jpg

The quintessential "only good while high" treat from my high school dayz. I think it was discontinued the same month I graduated like some weird cosmic nod.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thums Up and Limca are available at a lot of Indian restaurants here. And I remember the lifesavers pops. Were you exposed in the late 70s to Hostess's fruit flavoured potato chips? Grape, cherry, and orange. They weren't good when high, or at any other time.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
[RETRACTED], live the natural life like your [RETRACTED], Omelet.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were you exposed in the late 70s to Hostess's fruit flavoured potato chips?

I do remember my mom buying them "for me", but hippie parents and all. It was like you spilled Hawaiian Punch in your bag of chips, but they somehow still stayed in chip form.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lifesavers pop? Fruit chips? 70s sounds lit

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I had to Google 'Thumbs Up' soda because I have never seen it and stumbled upon this....

lifesavers_drink-can.jpg

The quintessential "only good while high" treat from my high school dayz. I think it was discontinued the same month I graduated like some weird cosmic nod.

Hold on. This is real?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I wasn't alive yet but does anyone remember "New" Coca-Cola from '85? They are bringing it back..

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't alive yet but does anyone remember "New" Coca-Cola from '85? They are bringing it back..

That was a fun time. You want to talk about butt hurt babys! There was backlash. Then came Coca Cola Classic (the old recipe). New Coke tasted like cheap Pepsi, that more medicinal taste.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You could teach a great marketing class just on the "cola wars" of the mid 80s, but the whole "New Coke" & "Coca-Cola Classic" were masterstrokes.

There was legit hording of Coca-Cola.