Trubisky’s looming contract.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Trubisky does not show huge improvement the next year or two the Bears need to grow a pair and show him the door. The Bears can not tie up a huge stack of money into a mediocre QB especially when they are paying Kahil Mack. There’s talk of the Rams doing the same with the Goff, who’s a better QB. The Bears, if the Rams don’t beat them to it, should definitely buck the trend of paying mediocre/bad QBS 8-9 figure salaries. This would show real forward thinking on their part while at the same time showing they are man enough to admit to their mistakes. It would also show the league that selfish players demanding more than they are worth will not be welcome on the Chicago Bears.

I absolutely agree. In fact I think if Trubisky holds the team back and shits the bed in the playoffs like Watson did, then I would lobby for packaging a combination of pick(s) and player(s) to move up into the 1st round and drafting a QB.

I mean we have a playoff team, there should be no excuses why Trubisky doesn't preform well in his second year in this offense with the current personal barring injuries.

I don't necessarily care if he throws 5,000 yards and 50 TDs or if he throws 3,500 yds and 22 TDs. If we get to the playoffs and he has 3 lights out mistake free games then I would hope they start contract negotiations.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The jury is still out on how susceptible he actually is to being held back by his offensive teammates. Need more data.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is good/bad/deserving/not yet. Cool.

?? Game balls from Nagy; betting on long odds/being poor; etc...
This thread escalated quickly.

flame-wars-demotivational-poster-1221350206.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch is good/bad/deserving/not yet. Cool.

?? Game balls from Nagy; betting on long odds/being poor; etc...
This thread escalated quickly.

flame-wars-demotivational-poster-1221350206.jpg

Did you really expect any less?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread is a year early. I hope he performs in a way to deserve a big deal but that when the time comes, he takes a Brady approach so he can keep top players around him and help the Bear win. I don't expect him to take anything under $20m like Brady who is wealthy and hasn't even been the top earner in his family but hopefully we're not handicapped with a 30M+ deal that will be the norm by then. I can't fault players for getting PAID, especially in the Not For Long but I can hope.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread did not disappoint.

If Trubisky played like he did last season you are not extending him.

But I would be 100% shocked if he was not better this upcoming season. Really, he has 2 years as the starter to prove that he is worth big money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know that was always my understanding as well but @WestCoastBearsFan here is saying that all us Bears fans got the game ball yet I have yet to receive it.

It is working its way there like the Stanley Cup tour, it is still with the premium fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to know everyone's options on if Trubisky has hit his ceiling, where do you go get a better QB?

Let's say Trubisky keeps them between 12-4 and 10-6 and makes the playoffs.....what QB is available to get them over the top?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'd like to know everyone's options on if Trubisky has hit his ceiling, where do you go get a better QB?

Let's say Trubisky keeps them between 12-4 and 10-6 and makes the playoffs.....what QB is available to get them over the top?

No one has a crystal ball for who will be available

But after next years draft we will have a full draft arsenal to pick someone. And you never know what happens in free agency. When you go into free agency you could get lucky and end up like the broncos did when they got manning. Or unlucky like the broncos-keenum, Vikings-cousin, and most likely jaguars with foles.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
If Trubisky does not show huge improvement the next year or two the Bears need to grow a pair and show him the door. The Bears can not tie up a huge stack of money into a mediocre QB especially when they are paying Kahil Mack. There’s talk of the Rams doing the same with the Goff, who’s a better QB. The Bears, if the Rams don’t beat them to it, should definitely buck the trend of paying mediocre/bad QBS 8-9 figure salaries. This would show real forward thinking on their part while at the same time showing they are man enough to admit to their mistakes. It would also show the league that selfish players demanding more than they are worth will not be welcome on the Chicago Bears.

If Trubisky does well, then IMHO, the best (and perhaps only move) is to cut Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel in 2020. Maybe even Trey Burton (if he doesn't cut himself) and take the dead cap space hit. So, you will have an expensive quarterback throwing to Anthony Miller, Riley Ridley and Javon Wims/Emmanuel Hall. Not a bad outcome at all if you ask me.

If Trey Burton doesn't produce, he will be a big weight on this team going forward - lots of guaranteed money to that guy.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread did not disappoint.

If Trubisky played like he did last season you are not extending him.

But I would be 100% shocked if he was not better this upcoming season. Really, he has 2 years as the starter to prove that he is worth big money.

Agreed. Either he proves it this year or he doesn’t. I think he will get better, I hope he gets better, but if he doesn’t it is time to start studying their options.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is working its way there like the Stanley Cup tour, it is still with the premium fans.
@CRM 114 gets very upset when you don't allow him to be a premium member of things.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

So much WTF in this post.

"where do you go get a better QB?"
The draft.

"Trubisky keeps them between 12-4 and 10-6"
You think Mitch got them to 12-4 last season, LOL, no, that was the defense.

If Mitch improves like most of us think he will and proves himself as a top 10 QB you extend him before the 2020 season. If mole eye doesn't get any better, worst case scenario, you look for another guy and hope you find him before another great Bears defense gets old.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about we let the guy play out this season, pick up the 5th year option, before we even worry about an extension? I believe Mitch will be fine and show tons of improvement this year (and he was pretty good last year towards the end). I am not worried about it. Just relax, we got a couple months until pre-season, and then before we know it, it's Bears Football time!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about we let the guy play out this season, pick up the 5th year option, before we even worry about an extension? I believe Mitch will be fine and show tons of improvement this year (and he was pretty good last year towards the end). I am not worried about it. Just relax, we got a couple months until pre-season, and then before we know it, it's Bears Football time!

So if either of the two extremes play out this season, just chill? LOL, no.

If he proves he's a top ten, why wait to extend him?

If he proves he is no better than last season, why wait to move on?

Why do some Bears fans never catch on, "let's give Jay a few more seasons until Urlacher, Tillman, and Briggs are done?".

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There seems to be a hard time understanding my post....if the Bears bounce back in between 2-4 and 10-6, which is realistically possible and Trubisky doesn't improve what do you do at quarterback.

I've seen people say just draft another QB. Are we sure that we will get a good enough talent at that level to get the right quarterback?

This is a harder question than you think.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much WTF in this post.

"where do you go get a better QB?"
The draft.

"Trubisky keeps them between 12-4 and 10-6"
You think Mitch got them to 12-4 last season, LOL, no, that was the defense.

If Mitch improves like most of us think he will and proves himself as a top 10 QB you extend him before the 2020 season. If mole eye doesn't get any better, worst case scenario, you look for another guy and hope you find him before another great Bears defense gets old.

Its completely feasible that the bears finish with records whether Trubisky gets them there or not...they did it last season.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its completely feasible that the bears finish with records whether Trubisky gets them there or not...they did it last season.

I'm not okay with making the playoffs with a great D, and a mediocre to bad QB, Bears fans have already seen that. While we still have a great D lets shoot for a top 10 QB and a championship. If Maserati Mitch proves to be that guy, lock him up, why wait? If mole eye proves he is not that guy, lets find that guy, why wait?

The Bears should know what Mitch is after this season, and then take appropriate action.