Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It is my understanding that the Bears are over the cap next year. So, someone has to go. They are deepest at WR. So, Robinson and Gabriel are the logical choices. If Toliver or Denmark pan out then Amukamara is gone. If Bars pans out Long or Whitehair are gone.
If Floyd isn’t lights out this year they can save 13 mil next season by cutting him or resigning him to a lower salary. Prince will likely be gone and keep an eye out for Patterson, who if he doesn’t perform will save us 5 mil by cutting him. I don’t think there is any thing to worry about.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Does not really matter how mediocre a quarterback is in todays NFL, he is gonna get a 100 million dollar contract to be a .500 quarterback. That is just how it goes. Our only hope is that its not 150 by the time his deal comes around.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Does not really matter how mediocre a quarterback is in todays NFL, he is gonna get a 100 million dollar contract to be a .500 quarterback. That is just how it goes. Our only hope is that its not 150 by the time his deal comes around.
And op point is don’t be that team that gives the 100 mil contract to a qb that doesn’t deserve it. Know when to move on. And if he develops when his contract is done be happy to give him that 150 mil

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Sounds right but those plays at the end of the game were called that way and so was the shorter early stuff. Here's every pass to Robinson. 1st 1/2 routes were all short. All the 2nd 1/2 deeper balls were good pass away from defenders and none were the just throw it up 50/50 type.
https://www.chicagobears.com/video/every-robinson-catch-from-nfc-wild-card-game
Another 2nd 1/2 drive.

Nagy is far from blameless in that loss. Waiting too long to stretch the field and deciding to down the ball for the 43 yard attempt with 20 secs and 2 downs to play with when you already don't trust your kicker weren't great choices.
I don’t think Windy meant throw it up to Robinson as in 50/50 balls. I think meant just start targeting Robinson more because he makes good shit happen.

Or maybe perhaps posters here would like to see more of mediocre WRs like Bellamy jumping for no reason to turn an easy TD pass into only a long pass with no YAC...

Last edited:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This season will tell us a lot about Trubisky. He has got the HC, the system, the familiarity with the system, and the playmakers around him. If he is not a top 15 QB by the end of this season then he likely never will be, thus making it foolish paying a bottom 15 QB 20+ mil per season. And I have no doubts Nagy will not hesitate letting Pace know this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think Windy meant this it up to Robinson as in 50/50 balls. I think meant just start targeting Robinson more because he makes good shit happen.

Or maybe perhaps posters here would like to see more of mediocre WRs like Bellamy jumping for no reason to turn an easy TD pass into only a long pass with no YAC...
I suspect that as well but AR was targeted early. He was just running shorter routes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Gabriel might be but I highly doubt AR is going anywhere.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pls check out this thread and make a comment TIA

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/unidentified-history-channel.72016/

Observations Episode 4 June 21st

The Teddy Roosevelt Carrier group off the East coast near Jacksonville and the Potomac on exercises has encountered unidentifieds. Fact. Interviews with two+ corroborate it. Their accounts leave me with the following :

1 ) The cube within a sphere flew directly at two in formation splitting the aircraft. Almost AS IF they were saying, " NOTICE US DUMMIES "

Supposedly prop driven WW II fighters encountered unidentifieds also, calling them Foo Foos .... 70 Years Ago

It seems to me that they are trying to get our ATTENTION and have been.

To Me this begs the Question, Why are WE not installing some type of "Flash" beacon/EMR/transmitter/Laser/3603D that outlines Our English language as well as all known languages and Asking Them,

" Let's Meet, Help Us Become a Better Civilization " ? ? ?

...a) The Cube was within a Sphere....Illustrates the spherical shape, curved encompassing 3D surface is necessary ?? for space warping/ anti-gravity activities. Maybe they are enabling these encounters So That We, as a Civilization, EMULATE them ??? and Advance thru Imitation ??

...b) Encounters were not a TicTac this time. Are there Two distinct unidentified civilizations allowing themselves to be Observed ? Are there More than Two ?? Have "They" already pow-wowed about not contacting us but 'strictly' letting us observe ??
Maybe one of the unidentified civilizations will Meet with us after a push Button request from encountering carrier jets ??

How much would it cost Our Nation to place an instantaneous transmitter of some type in our aircraft that will spell out Let's Meet ? Let's say it's $10,000.00 each, times 1000 units is 10 million.....a Paltry sum when thinking of the unheralded advancement a 'tutoring/nurturing' civilization would do for the Earth.

2 ) The Teddy Roosevelt pilots said that there was a "Formation" .... like a wedge in front of the DoD declassified vid of a 'rotating' mini planet Saturn with a ring in appearance, that did the perpendicular to the 120mph wind and stopped midair without 'falling' They said the rear admiral came into the room to view the vid and left after about 5 seconds..... They also stated that the vid did not show the forward wedge formation.

....a) Why a wedge formation in front ?? Was the trailing vehicle 'Vulnerable' ?? They 'seem' too advanced to be Vulnerable so why the Wedge in front ? Tradition from their Past ?? Calling our Attention thru this tactic ... TicTac is TacTic juxtaposed, but forgive this digression ....
Any Help from members is welcomed explaining the Why of that Wedge.
Maybe one of the civilizations is 'threatened' by another on our planet and chose that Wedge Formation for Defense ??

...b) If the Wedge was to protect the inner vehicle from us, Wouldn't they have placed one Above or two/ Below/In Front/and Behind for a 3D protective formation ?? Obviously they were not concerned by us being Under them.....
The 'Vulnerability' formation they flew seemed to be one of illustration, tradition, or for defense against a possible 'hostile' civilization, possibly in Front of them.

If unidentifieds are flying Protective Wedges, shouldn't WE BE CONCERNED ? of possible Non-Benevolent aliens around Our Planet too ?

As Always, please add any comments or observations.... TIA

HELP UnBan EVERYBODY pls Ty

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This season will tell us a lot about Trubisky. He has got the HC, the system, the familiarity with the system, and the playmakers around him. If he is not a top 15 QB by the end of this season then he likely never will be, thus making it foolish paying a bottom 15 QB 20+ mil per season. And I have no doubts Nagy will not hesitate letting Pace know this.

So if Mitch is a bottom 15 QB we are still stuck with him because getting a good QB without a high draft pick is difficult?

in all likelihood we are stuck with Mitch for better or worse because that’s how team building works

So that is the "team building plan", stick with Mitch even if he is a mediocre to bad QB, don't bother looking for another QB because without draft capital it's hard, but don't pay Mitch too much because he sucks. Then the team will be bad but not top 5 draft pick bad until the D gets old, then the team really sucks, and boom back in the top five draft pick club, and try again at QB.

That is the worst front office stratigy I have ever heard on CCS or anywhere else.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So if Mitch is a bottom 15 QB we are still stuck with him because getting a good QB without a high draft pick is difficult?

So that is the "team building plan", stick with Mitch even if he is a mediocre to bad QB, don't bother looking for another QB because without draft capital it's hard, but don't pay Mitch too much because he sucks. Then the team will be bad but not top 5 draft pick bad until the D gets old, then the team really sucks, and boom back in the top five draft pick club, and try again at QB.

That is the worst front office stratigy I have ever heard on CCS or anywhere else.
I just don’t see how you come up with the extra capital to actually trade up into the top of the first round with out trading away some core players. You keep acknowledging it’s hard but never actually outline how you would accomplish it

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pls check out this thread and make a comment TIA

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/unidentified-history-channel.72016/

Observations Episode 4 June 21st

The Teddy Roosevelt Carrier group off the East coast near Jacksonville and the Potomac on exercises has encountered unidentifieds. Fact. Interviews with two+ corroborate it. Their accounts leave me with the following :

1 ) The cube within a sphere flew directly at two in formation splitting the aircraft. Almost AS IF they were saying, " NOTICE US DUMMIES "

Supposedly prop driven WW II fighters encountered unidentifieds also, calling them Foo Foos .... 70 Years Ago

It seems to me that they are trying to get our ATTENTION and have been.

To Me this begs the Question, Why are WE not installing some type of "Flash" beacon/EMR/transmitter/Laser/3603D that outlines Our English language as well as all known languages and Asking Them,

" Let's Meet, Help Us Become a Better Civilization " ? ? ?

...a) The Cube was within a Sphere....Illustrates the spherical shape, curved encompassing 3D surface is necessary ?? for space warping/ anti-gravity activities. Maybe they are enabling these encounters So That We, as a Civilization, EMULATE them ??? and Advance thru Imitation ??

...b) Encounters were not a TicTac this time. Are there Two distinct unidentified civilizations allowing themselves to be Observed ? Are there More than Two ?? Have "They" already pow-wowed about not contacting us but 'strictly' letting us observe ??
Maybe one of the unidentified civilizations will Meet with us after a push Button request from encountering carrier jets ??

How much would it cost Our Nation to place an instantaneous transmitter of some type in our aircraft that will spell out Let's Meet ? Let's say it's $10,000.00 each, times 1000 units is 10 million.....a Paltry sum when thinking of the unheralded advancement a 'tutoring/nurturing' civilization would do for the Earth.

2 ) The Teddy Roosevelt pilots said that there was a "Formation" .... like a wedge in front of the DoD declassified vid of a 'rotating' mini planet Saturn with a ring in appearance, that did the perpendicular to the 120mph wind and stopped midair without 'falling' They said the rear admiral came into the room to view the vid and left after about 5 seconds..... They also stated that the vid did not show the forward wedge formation.

....a) Why a wedge formation in front ?? Was the trailing vehicle 'Vulnerable' ?? They 'seem' too advanced to be Vulnerable so why the Wedge in front ? Tradition from their Past ?? Calling our Attention thru this tactic ... TicTac is TacTic juxtaposed, but forgive this digression ....
Any Help from members is welcomed explaining the Why of that Wedge.
Maybe one of the civilizations is 'threatened' by another on our planet and chose that Wedge Formation for Defense ??

...b) If the Wedge was to protect the inner vehicle from us, Wouldn't they have placed one Above or two/ Below/In Front/and Behind for a 3D protective formation ?? Obviously they were not concerned by us being Under them.....
The 'Vulnerability' formation they flew seemed to be one of illustration, tradition, or for defense against a possible 'hostile' civilization, possibly in Front of them.

If unidentifieds are flying Protective Wedges, shouldn't WE BE CONCERNED ? of possible Non-Benevolent aliens around Our Planet too ?

As Always, please add any comments or observations.... TIA

HELP UnBan EVERYBODY pls Ty
I'm 64. This shit was so cool and real when I was young.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don’t see how you come up with the extra capital to actually trade up into the top of the first round with out trading away some core players. You keep acknowledging it’s hard but never actually outline how you would accomplish it

Please tell me waiting for the D to get old so the team sucks to get a high draft pick to replace Mitch if he sucks is not really your best idea for "team building"?

As far as getting a good QB without a top 5 pick, Pace should ask GB, or the Pats, maybe the Seahawks, call Dallas see how they did it. Hell Mahomes and Watson were not top 5 picks, Nick Foles was a 3rd rounder, Kirk Cousins was a 4th rounder in the same draft, but is he really good, he's being paid well, I'm just not sure about that guy.

It looks like it is possible to get a good QB outside of the top 5 picks, but as you stated it would be a tough job. I think you are being very generous with Ryan Pace, not asking him to over exert himself, very kind, good for you young man.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You don’t have to

Look at where mahommes and Watson were picked. They weren’t top five picks. You don’t have to pick in top five to get a franchise qb. It does help having a higher draft pick but it’s not the end all be all.

I can name you many different options that are better than dropping 100 mil on a Blake bortles.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Please tell me waiting for the D to get old so the team sucks to get a high draft pick to replace Mitch if he sucks is not really your best idea for "team building"?

As far as getting a good QB without a top 5 pick, Pace should ask GB, or the Pats, maybe the Seahawks, call Dallas see how they did it. Hell Mahomes and Watson were not top 5 picks, Nick Foles was a 3rd rounder, Kirk Cousins was a 4th rounder in the same draft, but is he really good, he's being paid well, I'm just not sure about that guy.

It looks like it is possible to get a good QB outside of the top 5 picks, but as you stated it would be a tough job. I think you are being very generous with Ryan Pace, not asking him to over exert himself, very kind, good for you young man.
No if Mitch sucks by the time his contact is up we should replace him. But we can’t just do that if we can’t get a decent replacement either. And do you really want to hedge your bets on waiting for a QB to fall to you and pray it’s a good one? If we are going all out for a QB don’t half ass it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don’t have to

Look at where mahommes and Watson were picked. They weren’t top five picks. You don’t have to pick in top five to get a franchise qb.

Very insightful, I wish I had thought of that.

:obama: