Cubs vs Braves IGT (Vol. Silence negligent)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Win @Choad35
giphy.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I admittedly don't know much about him. But there was a trib article this week that maybe gave me some unrealistic expectations ha. But like I said above, it's only 1 appearance.

He just needs to be used against Japanese players. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As sloppy as the loss was on Friday, tonight's game was almost the opposite. Pretty nice. They did a lot right.

Good starting pitching. Relief was good overall. HRs, stolen base. The error was the lone blip, really.

0 ERs by Lester against a hot, first place team, and a lot of opposite field hits. Nice.

Each of the top 6 guys scored at least one and drove in at least one.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I admittedly don't know much about him. But there was a trib article this week that maybe gave me some unrealistic expectations ha. But like I said above, it's only 1 appearance.

Yeah, same here. Just that a guy who's 35 and bounced around even playing in Japan doesn't sound too promising....I wasn't expecting much.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As sloppy as the loss was on Friday, tonight's game was alomost the opposite. Pretty nice. They did a lot right.

Good starting pitching. Relief was good overall. HRs, stolen base. The error was the lone blip, really.

0 ERs by Lester against a hot, first place team, and a lot of opposite field hits. Nice.

Each of the top 6 guys scored at least one and drove in at least one.

Yep, I agree. But you can't over look the fact that this umpire was giving the low strike tonight...when Jon gets that, he'll pound the lower zone all night. When he doesn't and has to pitch higher in the zone, he gets hurt.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, same here. Just that a guy who's 35 and bounced around even playing in Japan doesn't sound too promising....I wasn't expecting much.

He is not bad. 126 career MLB games and a 3.55 ERA. 1.26 WHIP. Typical middle relief arm.

I wouldn't judge him until he gets a few weeks in. Ryan was in the same boat earlier and has proven to be a asset

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

They are seriously thinking they will have a strong pen the second half with Kimbrel, Morrow, Kintzler, Cishek, Strop, Edwards which is why they are looking for a lefty out getter. The rest are all placeholders. I finally think this is the summer Monty gets moved, Chatwood has pushed the long man spot starter out. He deserves better than just insurance.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
They are seriously thinking they will have a strong pen the second half with Kimbrel, Morrow, Kintzler, Cishek, Strop, Edwards which is why they are looking for a lefty out getter. The rest are all placeholders. I finally think this is the summer Monty gets moved, Chatwood has pushed the long man spot starter out. He deserves better than just insurance.

A healthy Morrow would make a huge differene in this bullpen. But doesn't sound like he's close to returning.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A healthy Morrow would make a huge differene in this bullpen. But doesn't sound like he's close to returning.
I rather them take their time and get him right for the stretch run.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So does Alzolay do the job to Flowers if Contreras gets hit tonight?

I hope not... but he may want to "prove himself" that he has his teammates back.

I think the whole unwritten rules of baseball are antiquated and stupid. But I'm not asking what you want to happen... what do you think would happen?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
damn mlb packa
Thats Choyne as in Hoyne Avenue in Chicago, close to wrigley and Hoyne bank there also... yes I have family in the Chicago land area

Choad....lol

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Maryland... lol your Orioles suck so bad that you had to jump ship?
They aint my orioles. And I am right outside of DC so itd be the Gnats anyway. But it ain't. It's been the Cubs since birth. My family is from the Chicago area.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
They aint my orioles. And I am right outside of DC so itd be the Gnats anyway. But it ain't. It's been the Cubs since birth. My family is from the Chicago area.
My family is also from the Chicago area and I’m in Tennessee so a lot of idiot Braves fans here and some cardinals fans but also a lot of cubs fans. Mark Grace was my idol growing up, I’m a lefty and played first base growing up and always wore number 17.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
My family is also from the Chicago area and I’m in Tennessee so a lot of idiot Braves fans here and some cardinals fans but also a lot of cubs fans. Mark Grace was my idol growing up, I’m a lefty and played first base growing up and always wore number 17.

Do you follow the Smokies?