Search results

1. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

The Bears can send Fields, and 1.09 to the Giants for Jones, the 1.6 and some other picks. THe Giants can't be relying on Drew Lock and a QB to fall to 6. They may be better off getting off of Jones contract, having Fields, and see what they can get at 9. The Bears can handle the Jones contract...
  2. Do you think there is a way for the NFL to use NCAA NIL to make college a minor league system?

I tend to come to the belief that NFL QB play is largely bad mostly because the NCAA isn't incentivized to develop QB's for the NFL. And I think the NCAA is wasting some of the most athletic QB's in history by not developing them for when they get drafted, Thought I would ask the hive mind...
  3. Belli signs!

3 years at 80 million total. First two years at 30 million with opt outs for Belli, last year is 20 million. Great contract for the Cubs, IMO.
  4. Cubs make a trade!

This is an interesting move. Cubs get Michael Busch, top 50 Dodgers prospect that is currently slotted at 3b but possible could play 1b. He is major leagues ready. Cubs give up 12th ranked prospect in Jackson Ferris...
  5. Pre-draft PFF passing grades the last 5 years.

Zack Wilson 96.5 (2021) Joe Burrow 95.0 (2020) Justin Fields 93.5 (2021) Jayden Daniels 91.9 (2024) Bryce Young 91.3 (2023) Trevor Lawrence 91.1 (2021) Drake May 90.6 (2024) Caleb Williams 90.3 (2024) Tua 90.3 (2020) Justin Herbert 82.7 (2020) I am sure I left off a few but I wanted to use this...
  6. Greg Gabriel says it isn't a debate. Bears are trading the 1.01.

During the game Gabriel claimed on Twitter that he is 100% positive the Bears have already decided to trade the pick. He has connections on the team still in the scouting department so I assume this means the team feels Fields is currently better than what is in the draft...
  7. Interesting Fields comp here.

Each players last 15 games, Hurts is in year 4 and Fields in year 3. Jalen Hurts: 25 Pass Td's, 12 rush td's, 724 rush yards, 3500 Pass Yards, 4224 total yards Fields: 24 Pass TD's, 8 rush TD's, 1098 rush yards, 2,574 pass yards, 3672 total yards The obvious difference here is yards, sacks and...
  8. Fields ought to get year 4 to play.

If this is the end of Fields in Chicago, here is a breakdown of what would have been his last 15 games. With a minor stretch by me of what could have been his last 17. Since the NE game last year: 2022 9 games: 13 Td's, 6 picks 2023 6 games 11 Td's 6 picks Total in 15 games: 24 td's 12 picks...
  9. Should the Bears put more focus on developing Fields as a passer or design plays that fit his current abilities?

We all remember the first 6 games last year where Getsy called the offense that he wanted Fields to learn. Getsy is currently doing the same thing for the first two games. I get why they are doing this, having Fields being a dangerous passer and having his running ability would be massively...
  10. Who is it that coaching doesn't trust? Deductive reasoning attempt.

It is my opinion that the coaching staff doesn't trust the oline to block well enough to open up the offense. Here is the logic for it. 1. IF the coaching staff didn't trust Fields, then he should have been traded before the draft. 2. The oline gave up 35 pressures in 44 drop backs, that is...
  11. PCA has arrived!

Our offense needs a spark, I imagine he can help.
  12. Alexander Canario part of the September call ups!

No PCA, but we got a massive power boost and a great arm in the field.
  13. Justin Fields, his best possible stretch last year, extrapolated to 17 games this year and more pass attempts.

If you increase his pass attempts per game to 32, which is conceivable with Moore and an improved line. If Fields played at his Patriots-Bills efficiency for 16 games (I'm taking into account losing one start to injury), here are his stats if he threw the ball 32 times a game: 343/512, 34 TDs...
  14. Cubs acquire Jeimer Candelario

For two possible rule 5 draft picks in Herz and Made. Plus it might help us to retain Candelario past this year. Great trade.
  15. PCA now in AAA!

One step closer to being in the bigs!
  16. Strike! Stop clicking on the CCS sensationalist blog posts.

I feel this forum has gone downhill since they added CCS writers and forced them to add content. What this does is force the blog writers to write things that aren't newsworthy. This isn't the bloggers fault, this is whoever decided to add this feature to this site to drive more clicks. It is...
  17. Who is your current Bear UDFA pick to stick this year?

Every year there is that UDFA training camp hero that many Bear fans go crazy for. Last year it was Sandborn and he was a rare UDFA who not only made the team but was better than average and started. Is there someone who you think can do the same this year? My guy is D'anthony Jones. Highly...
  18. If this were Madden ratings...

As the title suggests if this were Madden and you were the GM, and your cap space allowed the two options above.
  19. Who you crappin!

I don't have the exact quotes but paraphrasing here" Biggs and Weiderer: "We can't really judge Alvin Williams as a DC because he didn't have talent to work with. "I think it is fair to judge Fields, and consider looking at QB with that first overall pick. Because Fields didn't prove himself...
  20. What I think is the ideal trade scenario as of now.

Getting the first pick in the draft depends on Indy vs Houston in week 18. Indy is just a shit show and they’d be smart to start Ehlinger to get him some experience. So I think we have a very good chance at pick number 1. Outside of the Cardinals, the top 6 teams will be looking for a QB...