Search results

1. wklink

Shane Waldron: the Seahawks trash is the Bears newfound treasure 😎

We'll see. he did turn Geno Smith into a fairly decent starter in the NFL. He has thrown for more yards in his last two years than he has in all of his previous seasons, even when he started for the Jets. Smith was a train wreck before he came to Seattle. The pass plays looked better than...
  2. wklink

DJ Moore - SHOTS FIRED at LUKE GETSY

Whooo Boy. DJ got the flamethrower out didn't he. 'Eh, he's ok. We just gotta get some big plays.' I think the last word in the sentence in response to that would be Sherlock. I think everyone on the coaching staff needs to be canned. There wasn't one component of that game, other than...
  3. wklink

Back up the Brinks truck in Ann Arbor

The job of a head coach is to instill a culture of winning and then put people in place to turn that culture into true wins. Harbaugh has done that at every place he has coached. Michigan was relatively easy but he did it at Stanford which is like turning Northwestern into a National...
  4. wklink

So, did Fields ball out post injury?

Of course not. This loss can't be pinned just on Justin Fields but he had a hand in it and the weaknesses of Justin Fields was apparent today. He held the ball too long. Yes, some sacks were due to poor offensive line play but he also failed to get rid of the ball in critical situations or...
  5. wklink

Should the Bears sign...

There are areas of concern for this team. Money needs to be spent. Not at running back. I don't see Barkley making this team substantially better than what we have. If it isn't an improvement then don't spend money on it.
  6. wklink

It's not about the rookie contract, it's about a team friendly contract

It's always a give and take with these kinds of contracts. If you guess wrong, like the Giants did with Daniel Jones then you not only are hamstrung with a large cap hit but you don't at least get the value of having a good player with that contract. I mean lets face it, that is something...
  7. wklink

$%&#!!! The Stats - Fields Is Our Guy

Yes, you have to look at the whole player. If it was just a stats thing I don't believe that anyone here would be really supporting the guy. His numbers are very much Trubiskyesque and there were few people wanting Mitch to stay here. Fields is much more liked and much more supported by his...
  8. wklink

New Year’s Day bowl games

Agreed. Throwing on that down, traditionally thinking, is not the smart move. At the same time this is the kind of stuff UW has done all year so changing it now would go against type. Think Detroit against Dallas earlier. The smart move isn't always what UW does. It hasn't bitten them in...
  9. wklink

Rome Odunze

As a UW alum I love me some Odunze. I really do. He has a similar skillset to DJ but is a bit taller. He would be a good fit if we don't go for MHJ. At the same time I do think Marvin Harrison jr is a generational player and the best WR in the draft. If Chicago decides to stick with Justin...
  10. wklink

New Year’s Day bowl games

Good Lord that was a nail biter at the end. I went to UW for grad school so I have an attachment to the Huskies. This kind of thing has been going on all season. I'm not sure if Washington is good, lucky, or just good and lucky but every one of these nailbiters has gone UWs way. Lets see if...
  11. wklink

The Fields presser

I have no complaints with Fields's leadership or his attitude. He has always been a praise others in the open and criticize in private kind of person. If anything I see a lot of potential in him as a coach in the future. It is one of the reasons that I wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep if...
  12. wklink

How the Bears can help knock the Packers out of the playoffs

I have never wanted something more in the last 10 years. This team could beat the Packers. Even in Cheeserville. The Vikings didn't even act like they were interested in playing that game. To knock these guys out of the playoffs would be soooooo sweeeet.
  13. wklink

***OFFICAIL*** #1 Overall Pick Discussion IGT

Well, this is now interesting. If things stand the way they are next week then there will be two teams (besides Chicago) ahead of Arizona. AZ managed to put themselves in a bad position where the Bears could actually trade the 1 for the 2nd or 3rd pick and maybe pick up a first rounder next...
  14. wklink

H*ly m*therFUCKING SHIT there,s a NFL g*me on 2nite official lions cowboys IGT (mods pls dont delete its only my 2nd thread 2day i think)!

I would agree with that but how can you know for sure that the right number was given to the defense. If 68 reports as eligible and the ref walks over to the other team's huddle and tells them number 70 reported as eligible then how are the Lions supposed to know this, other than walking over...
  15. wklink

OT-Joe Flacco

I highly doubt anyone will be willing take on that kind of contract considering he has put up incredibly mediocre numbers and has played exactly six games each year he has been back with the Browns. Teams would be financially better off going after Russell Wilson. I mean his numbers aren't...
  16. wklink

Are We Expecting Too Much right now

I know we want this team to be a playoff contender. There were more than a few games that we could have won, heck should have won but didn't this year. There seems to be a desire to can Eberflus and get rid of Fields and essentially start over again but are we jumping the gun on this? This is...
  17. wklink

Sunday Other Games IGT: Die Hard Edition

They remind me of the Bears a few years ago. Just bad enough to destroy any desire to watch them but just good enough to get a mid round pick every year.
  18. wklink

Sunday Other Games IGT: Die Hard Edition

The Denver/New England game is hilariously bad. I mean God Awful.
  19. wklink

Biggs: Fields is done in Chicago…

I don't know if I would say that but if people here are looking for a 4000 yard Quarterback then Fields probably won't be that guy. It looks like he will probably get around 2500 yards this year which isn't great but with another 700 yards on the ground it is acceptable, if not thrilling. At...
  20. wklink

David Montgomery

I'm happy that Monty is getting a chance to play some meaningful games in the playoffs but the tandem that we have seems to be doing just fine without him. Between the three backs Chicago will have close to 1200 yards by the end of the year. When one can't play there is another available to...