Search results

1. Sculpt

With FA behind us, it's time for mocks.

Weird to see powers-johnson drop to 37. In my first two tries MIA took him at 21.
  2. Sculpt

Trade Next years 2nd Round Pick

Yeah, I think it comes down to Poles knowing the draft talent and where to take them. I think DE is a bigger need than an IOL because... - Sweat is the ONLY decent passrusher on the team! Another good passrushing starter is ESSENTIAL. I think Bears need to draft one in the first AND sign a...
  3. Sculpt

A higher ranked player is more likely to be a quality starter and start right away, that includes IOL. If Nate Davis plays as bad as did last year, which should be the default expectation, an IOL might play right away. Jenkins doesn't last long. I would argue IOL is more important because of...
  4. Sculpt

Yeah, Hebs is right. In the pff draft simulator I was able to get CW, Verse at 17 and G/C Jackson Powers-Johnson at 22 only by giving up the Bears 2025 1st, 2nd and three other picks just to see what it would take. More likely Poles should be looking to get G/C like Cooper Beebe, Zack Frazier...
  5. Sculpt

@ndgt10 So, what did you think of this draft?
  6. Sculpt

I would be looking to trade our (extra) 2025 2nd rd pick, and maybe more, to get one of the best G/C in THIS years draft. After picking CW and the appropriate DE (Latu, Turner, Verse), Poles should grab the best G/C he can, even if he has to move up some. Poles can likely trade down to get...
  7. Sculpt

At the end of the season, the Bears won a few meaningless games that were ultimately of no use

Got ya. I think one of the reasons Poles traded down last year with the Panthers is because he thought Fields still had some potential. If Fields was absolute trash, he probably would have taken CJ Stroud. Sure would be interesting if Bears trade down again and start the boy wonder. = p
  8. Sculpt

How to Solve Bears' Passrush Problem: Sack Total Adjusted with Sweat

Like I said, even if Bears are 100% sure they're drafting a DE at #9, they still need another decent passrusher. If you're only decent passrushers are Sweat and a rookie, what if one gets injured? What if the rookie isn't an instantly decent passrusher... or ever? You can't go into a Super...
  9. Sculpt

OTC lists the Effective cap space as $10,714,620 (I calculated $11,474,620). $11.5 mil is enough to sign 1 of the top FA passrushers 1 yr $8-10mil. Poles should pick and sign a free agent passrusher now. Why wait? For a Super Bowl run, Bears need 3 decent passrushers -- they only have one...
  10. Sculpt

At the end of the season, the Bears won a few meaningless games that were ultimately of no use

Not sure what you're point is. What would be the logic of not playing Fields Vs the Packers? Bears, surprisingly, were in the playoff hunt in Week 16. Week 17 they were only spoilers, and they lost anyway. No harm done. Throwing games is a disgusting display. I admire Lovie Smith for giving...
  11. Sculpt

Well, his poor play did make the decision less contentious. That's about it. Otherwise, it's a rather melodramatic reading of the situation. Why wouldn't the Bears play Fields? He was their healthy 1st string QB. And they wanted to assess their former 1st round QB before decision time.
  12. Sculpt

I noticed it doesn't display the 2025 picks you gave up. I made some dropdowns that didn't pan out, but not a bad draft.
  13. Sculpt

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had...
  14. Sculpt

Good catch! That is 2019. Unfortunately, I can't find overthecap doing one for 2024, but the info on how it's done is the same. It's about if the draft picks replace any player in the Top 51, and the difference. Which is to say, you can't just add the price of the draft picks. Here's a...
  15. Sculpt

Right, it's complicated. It's about the top 51 salaries more than straight draft picks. You dare doubting OverTheCap.com! :eek: 😝