Search results

1. Pegger

OTish - Next Head Coach Candidate - Matt Nagy

That title should have grabbed some attention. Here's what I want to do. We are currently talking about HC options for the Bears and many just happen to be retreads like Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Dan Quinn, etc... Anyway, let's look at it from the other side. There are other teams with...
  2. Pegger

OT - Teams that got COVID screwed

A lot of games were flexed to Mon/Tuesday because one side of the game was Omicron ravaged. That would be the Browns, Rams and WFT. The flips side of that is the teams who had tight protocols, being the Raiders, Seahawks and Eagles, now get their schedules all messed up because the league is...
  3. Pegger

OT - RG3 coming out with a tell all book

He'll be bashing WFT's medical mistreatment if his injuries, sexual misconduct and essentially all things that make the team look bad. He's an attention whore, but still there will be some things in there that will be cringe worthy.
  4. Pegger

OT - Greateat Nickname Ever

Karen Rodgers Discuss.
  5. Pegger

Ryan Pace is a magician!

Think about it for a second. He hand picked Nagy to develop a QB who he was all ga-ga over and it didn't work. He's underinvested along the OL for a long time and the national media is largely overlooking it. Now his hand picked coach is getting destroyed in the media, but his name isn't...
  6. Pegger

Never get too high or too low...

So had some time yesterday to watch the preseason game against the Bills. It was a complete train wreck and honestly any form of 'breakdown' I could provide would just be venting. I'm going to think of an overarching theme: Never get too high or too low. After the draft the Fields/Jenkins...
  7. Pegger

How has Fields looked in camp?

Hi guys. Just trying to weed through all the different daily TC reports, but just wanted to get an update on Fields. How's he looked? Is he doing better than Dalton/Foles? Any gaps that the beat writers have seen or maybe have they seen progression throughout the camps? Thanks in advance.
  8. Pegger

Why the slide - Bears Draft Edition

Some of you might already go to www.walterfootball.com it's a pretty good site. A lot of banner adds and the formatting is fairly old school, but they cover a variety of sports, touch on betting lines and specific to the NFL draft they do a great job at putting their mock/rankings long before...
  9. Pegger

Bears QBs and their fans

As many of you know I'm a bit unique in that I'm an outsider (Eagle fan), but also not a hater of the Bears. I actually root for them as long as it doesn't negatively impact my team. I'd add, I've been on this board since it's start and before that the CBMB. With the current sit vs. start...
  10. Pegger

ARob Tag

Pace messed up on this one and weird enough, the Lions actually got it right. Davis got $12.5M/year Samuel got 11.5M/year Agholor got $11M/year Fuller got $10.625M/year There's a bunch of guys in the $5-6M world (Jones Jr, Green, Sanders, etc..) Recently Juju getting $8M for a one year deal...
  11. Pegger

OT - It's gunna be a FA bloodbath!

I was listening to an Eagles podcast, but has two NFL insiders being Adam Caplan and Geoff Mosher. They didn't provide details, but said they heard from multiple sources that there are going to be a lot of releases hitting this week as teams try to get under the cap ahead of free agency. It...
  12. Pegger

2021 Bears QB thread in Gifs

Stafford: Wentz: Watson:
  13. Pegger

Bring your Wentz questions

As many know I'm an Eagle fan and follow them pretty closely. With that being said, I'm pretty hung over and will answer any and all Wentz questions you may have. Let's try to strike that perfect balance of information gathering and pure stupidity.
  14. Pegger

OT - NFL Salary Cap Theory

I wanted to post something that relates to all the QB movement talk, so it is Bears related, but not directly related to your team. We've been told the estimated salary cap is ~$176MM. This represents a material drop from the 2020 salary cap of $198.2MM. Add in if you follow overthecap.com...
  15. Pegger

What Wentz Wrong?

Okay this could easily be an overreaction to him being benched for Hurts, but it's serious conversation. Remember, Carson Wentz signed a 4 year, $128MM deal with ~$108M guaranteed. Seems like that kind of deal would be unmovable, but the Eagles could get out with a only $34MM in dead cap space...
  16. Pegger

Say it ain't Soto!!!!

Baseball player Juan Soto tested positive so he's out for the Yankees/Nats game tonight. Here's an interesting PFT piece about the potential impacts for the NFL. Essentially Soto's positive test was from a sample taken on Tuesday and this is just the processing time. The NFL has agreed to...
  17. Pegger

How many games do you think the NFL will be able to get in?

Pertaining to COVID-19 here's what I'm thinking to the following areas: NFL: Some preseason games have been cancelled and there's no firm commitment on what preseason will look like. NFLPA and NFL has had some disagreements as to what the COVID-19 protocol will end up being. NFLPA is...
  18. Pegger

Riley Ridley - Accurate Expectations?

Hi guys, Going to be honest. This is pertaining to fantasy football. I'm wondering what you guys think about Ridley for this year and what's an accurate expectation of what his stats would look like? I'm excited about his potential in that he comes from a football family (Calvin Ridley) and...
  19. Pegger

Bears end offseason program early

Looks like the Bears were able to wrap up early. Seems like they are doing this 1 1/2 weeks early. This is not training camp but rather an initial install that can be important for newer teammates (rookies and FAs). What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it's going to be normal because...
  20. Pegger

OT - Help Pegger out - How good is Darius Slay?

So the Eagles gave up a 3rd (85th) and 5th (168th pick) To acquire Darius Slay. They also gave him a pretty big 3 year, $50M extension with $30 guaranteed. Looks like that last year can be gotten out of relatively cheap, so it's more a 2 year deal. Here's my question to you Bears fans - how...