Search results

1. Speed

JT O'Sullivan says the Bears dont have a true #1 WR

If he's arguing that we don't have that Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones type then sure, but it's really getting down into the weeds. If that's the case then there's maybe a handful of those guys around the league.
  2. Speed

Dude Poles handed out Joey Porter Jr. for is about to head to the CFL 😬

Dude is like 98th or 99th percentile as an athlete. Claypool is the only thing holding Claypool back. He'll probably get ran off there too because he doesn't want it enough. Then he can finally fuck off and do Paris or Milan fashion week or whatever he wants to do post Football.
  3. Speed

Where do the Fields haters stand on Caleb Williams as a prospect?

San Fran's OLine wasn't that great at pass blocking. Purdy had to Houdini himself out of compromised pockets plenty of times. And for every scramble Fields makes, there's also times he's running himself into sacks (despite having clean pockets), and just plain not feeling what's going on around...
  4. Speed

I'd guess he doesn't do what he did last year, but he still does better than Fields (For however wide of a range that looks like). It's not all that supporting cast. Garropola and 1 play Trey had it, and didn't do anything like what Brock did. The guy is a good QB.
  5. Speed

Worst possible draft scenario

Trade down to 12 or 13 with the Broncos or Raiders (Who select Drake Maye). BPA. But hopefully the NFL punishes the Falcons.
  6. Speed

Hate is a strong word, but after Fields got hurt in the Vikings game it was obvious to me that it probably over. He needed to have a flawless, damn near historic 2nd half to the season to even make it a conversation when it was evident the Panthers were gonna be ass. With that aside I loved...
  7. Speed

Josh Lucas on Fields rookie year.

Half the league is looking a QB, I don't think any Owners or GMs THAT desperate for a QB are holding something like that against Fields because the whole move made zero sense from the jump (respectfully). I don't think the move would be painted badly as much as you might think. The media would...
  8. Speed

Thx for the correction. And they can make it as painful as possible by sitting out. He's missing a check, but it's sending a message around the league. He and everyone else knows he's not the future when Caleb gets in the building, so why are they preventing him from getting a head start to his...
  9. Speed

Fields and his agent would never agree to that. MAYBE if the Bears picked up his 5th year option, but then you're paying him 20+ million in 2025 to play for another team. That'd be such a waste of cap resources, and they 'might' have blown their chances at getting the best possible return for...
  10. Speed

If the Bears draft a QB

There's no MVP candidate Alex Smith on the roster. Also that version of Mahomes was thought of as a rawer player than this Williams. I'm all for making him earn it, but it has to make sense as well.
  11. Speed

Louis Riddick on Justin, OC, the Bears Draft Situation etc.

I'm 99% of the way there with you. With that said we start with properly assessing Williams. Whether us as individuals personally agrees or not, he's being hyped up by the NFL Community as a once a decade type of player. Potential, Magic Johnson, Shaq, LeBron, Wembanyama... Type of draft. I'm...
  12. Speed

Offensive Coordinator Search Candidates - OFFICAIL THREAD

At least he gave us this All-Timer though before he left.
  13. Speed

Keeping JF as starter and drafting CW

Fields' agent would tell him to sit out until we forced a trade. It's just really disrespectful to keep him as a lame duck QB after you drafted his replacement. You're essentially cockblocking him from getting a head start on his 2nd contract. Would also make us look like dog shit to our own...
  14. Speed

Wiederererer on the Score wtf

He's a mouthpiece. They could feed him good intel, they could feed him complete BS (Likely in this scenario). No need to overthink it in January before any medicals or interviews have been conducted.
  15. Speed

Building around Fields = Ensuring Success for Next QB

Do you guys hear him? Don't believe your own lying eyes people is what he's saying. Already started in bad faith, whatever but cool. IDGAF I'm not trying to win anybody over. You and I, both know that's a waste of time. If you wanna believe in Justin, which it's obvious you do for whatever...
  16. Speed

Building around Fields = Ensuring Success for Next QB

This fanbase is screwed. They're seriously making an argument that it's worth passing up a possibly elite QB. As good as you're gonna get without being Elway, Manning, Luck, etc... For a WR and the most important part... another year of Justin Fields? I get it, he projects to be a really...
  17. Speed

Would Bears fans embrace Caleb Williams?

Right. Why would a talented coach or OC would come here, and they get Justin hoisted on then from Day 1? If they're pounding the table for him (For whatever reason) then sure, but that certainly shouldn't be the expectation, unless you're smoking pipes full of dreams. The Dolphins also weren't...
  18. Speed

What if Fields Bombs in 2024?

Depends on what you mean by "bomb". I think there's some nuance in there where Fields turns out to be Just A Guy. A somewhat productive, if inconsistent starter. I think that's probably the likely outcome. Personally if that's all he becomes, and Ryan Poles decides that's worth another look...