Search results

1. Boobaby1

Chapman seeking $100M deal

My preference would be to get Melancon to go along with Edwards. Cost is cheaper as both could close out games, and then focus heavy on the lefties for the bullpen.
  2. Boobaby1

Chapman seeking $100M deal

Melancon, Jansen, or trade for one. No way do I give him anywhere close to that. They already proved he is losing his stuff somewhat or they are catching up to it, and he can't play defense. That's the beauty of winning it all. Now they can pick and choose their battles.
  3. Boobaby1

David Ross as a Bench Coach in 2017?

Ross is going to get away from the game. Yes I expect him back, and with the Cubs at some point. Next year, I think he will spot appear during the season, and most definitely, be there for a series or two in the playoffs. He has put his time in, and he strikes me as the family guy. That 8...
  4. Boobaby1

World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs @ Cleveland Indians Game 2

Yep! But to get to 3-1, we desperately need tomorrow. :smug2:
  5. Boobaby1

Does Schwarber play LF on Friday?

Not saying you, but I noted (if cleared by the doctors). He is bringing an element right now to the Cubs that I don't want to wait to use him solely as a PH'er, or DH if it goes back to Cleveland. Yes! I think he and his bat mean that much right now
  6. Boobaby1

World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs @ Cleveland Indians Game 2

It will hurt them more if the Cubs can win with Hendricks, as I think the Cubs fans will get to Kluber if Lackey can keep them in the game. I think game three is a must win for Chicago, as it would make it that the Indians would have to win 3 of 4, and the Cubs would have to play .500 baseball...
  7. Boobaby1

Furthermore, and this is predicated on the Doctors point of view, but why can't you play him 5-6 innings in certain games, and then move Zobrist to left and Heyward to right late in the game if you have the lead for defensive purposes? That could be a strategy that Joe employs.
  8. Boobaby1

I guess Soriano and Matt Holiday were good fielders? If the Doctors think he can go, then go. You never know if you will have this chance again, and you put your very best in there. Here is Schwarbers bat stats for the post-season against really good pitching. Kyle Schwarber has played in 11...
  9. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs vs. Dodgers Game 6(NLCS)

True Dat! Like I am going to now throw out how right I am that KBISBACK, CubsKoolaid, Kansas Bayd, or whatever name he currently uses is, and always will be wrong about the Cubs. Get the picture you apparent post-flagger? :)
  10. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 5(NLCS)

You stack your line-up with righties much like the Dodgers will stack theirs with lefties. The Cubs will employ eight righties versus Kershaw, and the Dodgers will counter with eight lefties against Hendricks. Look for the Cubs to go to Montgomery and Wood if needed first. That is also the...
  11. Boobaby1

That prick Chistopher Russo better eat his words today

The only thing worse would be McCarver next to him.
  12. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 4(NLCS)

Just win tonight is all I ask. If we do that, we will get through to either Kershaw or Hill. I know Kershaw is the best......but he is also human and not immune to losing. We just have to pitch like we did against him Sunday night. I can think of nothing more epic than winning tonight, and...
  13. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 3 Tuesday

True dat. The Cubs have the ability to take the starch right out of their sails. One game at a time. The best way to beat a team is to score, pitch well, play defense and turn any crowd factor off. I do however think Joe has to start letting these guys do what it takes to get on and be...
  14. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs vs. Dodgers Game 1(NLCS)

I echo your statement. If Lester was dominating, he would have been left in there. It was a combination that the Cubs wanted an insurance run, and the fact that Lester was not on his game. Moreso on the latter. Either way, the Cubs won and pulled the right strings, and Lester did not pitch too...
  15. Boobaby1

Montgomery could play a big role also. He did an amazing job the other night on the road.....all things considered.
  16. Boobaby1

Buzz-Killer! :cubspalm:
  17. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs @ Giants Game 4(NLDS)

I think you would have to sweeten that deal with Ian Happ for instance because Cleveland would be taking on a lot of Salary with Arrieta and Soler. Roughly 18-19 million. They would need some cost control somewhere, and they surely would lose out on Arrieta the year after, so that would leave...
  18. Boobaby1

IGT: Cubs @ Giants Game 4(NLDS)

Can I officially go on the books in saying I was dead wrong to trade and package Javier Baez for a front line starter a couple of months ago as I felt he was not what the Cubs needed going forward. Whoops! Hey! You can't win them all. :) Nice series all the way around Javy. Without him, the...
  19. Boobaby1

Dodgers or Nationals?

Nationals. I want a little Daniel Murphy payback, plus, I like earlier in the year when Maddon took Harper basically out of the equation and made the other guys have to beat us. And if memory serves me right, the Cubs swept Washington in Wrigley, and played the Nats tough in Washington as I...
  20. Boobaby1

IST: Cubs @ Pirates

Montero has the best chance to start games. With Joe, anything can happen and he will play matchups. That said. If you want a good defensive team on the field, Cogs will not be playing much because Joe loves defense, and there are far better and quicker defensive players than Cogs.