Search results

1. Boobaby1

Welcome back Mr. Coghlan

I knew the Cubs were going for some outfield help, so they chose an old familiar face and a lefty. Good Luck to Arismendy Alcantara in the A's organization. I hope it works out well for both parties. Now why we are talking to Beane, how bout a trade for Sean Doolittle to shore up the left side...
  2. Boobaby1

Milo Hamilton passes away.

I remember some good games called when he was broadcasting the Cubs prior to Harry Caray taking over. In fact, those two were bitter rivals in the booth for past issues, which I believe, lead to the departure of Hamilton from the Cubs.
  3. Boobaby1

Fowler to recieve qualifying offer

This is from Chicago Cubs Online. Good call Beck! edit: On Fowler turning his season around.
  4. Boobaby1

Motte and Soler headed to the DL

This poses some interesting moves. I would think that LaStella gets the call up. Not sure who it will be out of the pen. Would love to see Edwards get a chance. Probably be Schlitter though.
  5. Boobaby1

Fangraphs National League Projection's for 2015

National League Central 1.St. Louis Cardinals – 87-75 2.Pittsburgh Pirates – 86-76 3.Chicago Cubs – 83-79 4.Milwaukee Brewers – 77-85 5.Cincinnati Reds – 75-87 East 1.Washington Nationals – 87-75 2.Miami Marlins – 81-81 3.New York Mets – 79-83 4.Atlanta Braves – 73-89 5.Philadelphia Phillies...
  6. Boobaby1

FWIW on Lester?

Not getting my hopes up, but I find it interesting if there is any truth to it.
  7. Boobaby1

Shark is now a White Sox.

Welcome back to Chicago. Bryant says he looks forward to launching your stuff onto Waveland. :buttrock:
  8. Boobaby1

Jason Parks joins the Cubs scouting department

Jason Parks Accepts a Scouting Position with the Cubs Baseball Prospectus’ prospect guru, Jason Parks has been hired by the Chicago Cubs. Parks announced he was offered and accepted a scouting position with the Cubs late Wednesday night with a farewell letter to his readers on Baseball...
  9. Boobaby1

Starlin Castro on bereavement list

According to a report from the Sun-Times, the Cubs placed Starlin Castro on the bereavement list Wednesday night. Castro was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game after finding out a car crash in the Dominican Republic claimed the lives of members of his family and close friends. Castro has left...
  10. Boobaby1

A's acquire Lester and Gomes for Cespedes

Wow! Billy Beane is going all in.
  11. Boobaby1

Here's some good news. McLeod signs two year extension.

This should take him into year 2017. :elephant:
  12. Boobaby1

Shark and Hammel to the A's. Done Deal

Per Ken Rosenthal The deal includes not only Russell but also prospect Billy McKinney, pitcher Dan Straily, and a player to be named later, reports ESPN.com’s Keith Law (via Twitter). 9:45pm: The Athletics have agreed to acquire Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel from the Cubs, Ken Rosenthal of...
  13. Boobaby1

Ramirez belts his first homer in Iowa

Ramirez belts his second homer in Iowa Hell, there offense looks better than the Cubs. Love to see them make the post season for the experience together.
  14. Boobaby1

Since The Cubs Are Trying To Acquire An ACE, Would You...???

trade Javier Baez and Albert Almora for Jose Fernandez of the Marlins? This ought to be interesting. :popcorn:
  15. Boobaby1

Take Josh Johnson and David Murphy off of the table

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/padres-to-sign-josh-johnson.html http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/indians-to-sign-david-murphy.html That just made the return for Shark if he is traded a little more hopeful.
  16. Boobaby1

The present and some of the future

Had some time to kill, and I wanted to see what the Cubs had eclipsed in the minors, so I have listed the players who have some of the best statistics for their respective levels. I have excluded this years draftees both domestic and internationally with the exception of Bryant, and I have left...
  17. Boobaby1

Bryant wins Golden Spikes Award

Just thought some might want to know. No pressure Kris. None of us are expecting much from you anyways......:lmao: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22820066/kris-bryant-wins-golden-spikes-award
  18. Boobaby1

In our "For what it's worth department"..........

Ian Stewart is facing his former team in the Iowa Cubs tonight. He currently is 0-3, 1 BB, 2 SO's, and 3 LOB. Of course, this is only a sample size. Not sure! Is that enough time to evaluate him as a baseball player? :lmao:
  19. Boobaby1

I thought I had seen it all

Apparently their is another organization that wants to take a chance on a lousy player. Whoa!
  20. Boobaby1

Samardzija speaks out on the front office trades of his fellow teammates

Just think what his attitude will be if Garza, Schierholtz, and Soriano go? Should be interesting to see how this all plays out for a possible trade or extension for Shark. :popcorn: