Search results

1. ***OFFICIAL*** What Are You Listening To Thread: Volume 5 (CCS 3.0 Edition)

The Foo Fighters made a thrash album and it fucking slays.
  2. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

I thought ME3 was brilliant and the ending, while a little lame, never bothered me at all, although I didn't play it until the extended ending was released. The gameplay was ME perfected and the campaign captured the feeling of fighting a losing war against an inevitable foe. You would have...
  3. Rocky Wirtz flies off the handle.

"I have facilitated the exchange of currency that this problem might go away. The fuck else do you people want me to do?" --William Rockwell Wirtz to PR Staff, 2022, probably
  4. Rocky Wirtz flies off the handle.

"Hmm. Perhaps hurling some gold doubloons will assuage this angry crowd." --William Rockwell Wirtz 2022, probably
  5. Dentfan's Mega Mock Thread

Yes. They're rube bait.
  6. Dentfan's Mega Mock Thread

You couldn't stopped at "mock draft."
  7. Seems Like Nagy's Can't Teach

Beware the wunderkind coordinator who climbs his way up on the coattails of what is really someone else's scheme. You get one good season out of them until the body of tape exists, and then they can't adjust. Because they never had to. Someone else always did it for them.
  8. The Olin Kreutz Situation

He was born to billionaires; he has lived his entire life in a completely different social strata than you or I can even comprehend. I got just a taste of it once, when I won a stay at a very exclusive hotel, and let me tell you, the rich are not like you and me.
  9. 1PM Conference call with George

Today was a stirring affirmation of my decision, several years old now, to reallocate 100% of my Bears bandwidth to other, more enjoyable hobbies and pursuits. I do though, from time to time, tune back in for the empty calorie entertainment of the end-of-season presser, and, I have to admit, it...
  10. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Played Hellblade this weekend. Very enjoyable, but I think impact of the ending is undermined by the fact that it's obvious the vikings you're fighting the entire game are just figments of Senua's mind (I mean, they literally just materialize out of thin air), so the "big reveal" they try to...
  11. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

God no. I could get the same card on Amazon right now for that price. Newegg is just trying use FOMO to push scalper prices. If it was one of the more affordable Ti's without an e-waste mobo I would've pulled the trigger. If I really needed to upgrade I could get a prebuilt with a 3070 for...
  12. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

I'll be damned. I won the Newegg Shuffle for a 3080Ti. Which is to say, I won the right to pay $2000 for a video card and a mobo I don't need but have to get because it's a combo deal. Decisions, decisions.
  13. BREAKING: Blackhawks to hold briefing on Jenner & Block investigation

You gotta respect the sheer shamelessness of trying the Homer Simpson "It's my first day" defense though.
  14. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

I found the inability to respec a dealbreaker.
  15. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Curious to see how they cleaned up the combat in ME1.
  16. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Lots of longtime talent leaving Blizzard recently, and most of it heading to former Blizzard founder & CEO Mike Morhaime's new publisher, which is working on an MMO and an RTS. Seems like he's aiming straight for the disaffected Warcraft and Starcraft playerbases.
  17. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Turns out Liara is actually climbing on a dead Reaper. Weird how Shepard's armor ended up there, since he woke up on the wreckage of the citadel after ME3, and that was located above Earth at the time.
  18. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

It would be pretty cheesy writing to bring him back from death again, especially if a couple centuries have passed, but I think the bigger problem would be having a character as central to the universe as Shepard just die offscreen 500 years prior. I can't envision any satisfying way of making...
  19. What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Clearly they're going with the ME3 "Destroy" ending as canon, with the destroyed Mass Relay and sections of the galaxy isolated/cut off from each other (there's also a dead Reaper in the background when Liara is trudging up the snow). If you had a high enough EMS had the end of ME3, Shepard...