Search results

1. Mdbearz

Kurt Warner breaks down Caleb Williams tape

Literally, take a class or 5...
  2. Mdbearz

Caleb Williams = Justin Fields 2.0

I honestly had the same concern, but when I went back and watched different games, I actually saw plenty of throws from the pocket with a quick and timely release. Getsy tried to "develop" Fields in this area and he had to abandon it. Sorry but in three years Fields has never been comfortable...
  3. Mdbearz

Williams or Maye + PICKS?

I agree with most, you either go with Caleb or trade further down and stick with Justin. Every thing else is just trying to be the "smartest guy in the room" BS. However outside of Washington (2) and New England (3), the next QB needy team is Atlanta at 8 inside the top 10. Then Vikings at 11...
  4. Mdbearz

But what about the #9 pick...............

Start Rumors that MHJ has a bad knee and smokes MaryJ....then take him at 9!
  5. Mdbearz

New option at Center?

If they are only saving $5M by cutting him then the injuries must be a concern. We need to stop putting bandaids on the Center position, so I would say, PASS....
  6. Mdbearz

This year's playoffs make it super clear - there are no "Super Teams" in the league, so there is no singular correct way to contend for a Super Bowl

I agree about having a good Line on Both sides, but if Mahomes is the comparison, this is not a decision. The further we get away from the excitement of the season, the more I realize that Justin is not been able to be consistent, because he has 1 fatal flaw that I do not thing can be "coached...
  7. Mdbearz

REPORT: Bears OC candidates wanted interviews because of Caleb Williams

I would hope that Waldron is a good for this offense no matter what Poles decides to do at #1, if not then maybe he was not a good pick... I'm leaning towards Caleb, primarily because I have now seen some tape (Washington game) where Caleb was asked to get the ball out quick and move in chunks...
  8. Mdbearz

Past QB trade ups

So if another team trades with us to get Williams, the odds are against them, mainly because of the ADDITIONAL cost could set that franchise back. But it would also mean that the odds are against us if we take the QB, even though it won't cost us additional pick, OR WILL IT? The reality is...
  9. Mdbearz

I like Maye better than Williams

This is actually a great point to make that a pocket passer will need a clean pocket. BUT Drake Maye produced his stats, while at the same time, facing a ton of pressure, his offensive line was bad. He has been noted for having good pocket awareness and the ability to get the ball out quick. I...
  10. Mdbearz

I like Maye better than Williams

Hear me out- The best trait that the expert believe that Williams brings to the field is his incredible ability to make plays off platform. The best trait that Maye brings to the field is his ability to play from the pocket with NFL Level accuracy and timing. I can see a situation where a...
  11. Mdbearz

The O-Line is 1 or 2 players away? Or is it?

They need to overdraft/overpay for the best center available in the off season, the patchwork shit they have tried, has not worked....Think about it, we have not had a "good" Center since Olin, FFS get it right Poles. I think that with a "good" Center the guards might also improve, but if they...
  12. Mdbearz

Tyrique Stevenson...DROY?

AND DJ Moore.....
  13. Mdbearz

Todd Monken?

It is hard to argue the stats, but I watch the Raven every Game, and the way he is getting results this year is much harder to defend against. This year Lamar is scrambling to throw more frequently than in years past. The reason the Ravens have struggled in the playoffs because teams will sell...
  14. Mdbearz

If the Bears pulled a Texans in the 2024 NFL Draft

Exciting trade, and if you are going to trade up to get a player, then MHJ is the guy worth trading up for. However, I like other scenarios better, like trading the #1 pick for a kings ransom, and then trading up to get MHJ. I'm not sure it should matter at this point how Justin performs in...
  15. Mdbearz

Center prospect

It looks like the refs blew the whistle any ways, but gutsie player. We need a Center, but I wonder how bad the injury was?
  16. Mdbearz

Marvin Harrison Jr., DJ Moore & Justin Fields??..... wow!!!!.... we will be giving defenses nightmares!!!

I think the new coaching staff should have a say in the QB situation, as a matter of fact I think that will be a part of the interview process. It will be up to the GM/HC to decide what is the best path forward, and if they decide that Justin is better than the potential that any of the...
  17. Mdbearz

Nate Tice: Maye best QB prospect since Luck, has superior processing

Jayden Daniels looks like a tooth pick, so far no injury concerns, but there is no way he can play at 6'3" 185 in the NFL. However, hard to ignore the stats against better competition. Is there any chance that the Bears take Marvin Harrison Jr, then trade back with the second pick and gamble on...
  18. Mdbearz

REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

Sure hope an Extension get done, Sweat is a proven player, still in his prime. Adding him to that line makes every other player better.
  19. Mdbearz

Passing Attempts and NFL ready?

I hate to compare Fields to another, but if I was going to do it, my comparison would be Jalen Hurts, do you happen to have his numbers?