Search results

1. IST: Cubs vs Angels

Cubs reportedly in talks with Boston for Sandy Leon.
  2. IST: Cubs vs Pirates(Home Opener)

Actually he was fantastic from Mid July through the end of the season in . 2018, and if you took his four worst starts last year his numbers were right in line with his career stats. Last night was something though. Some of the best movement we've seen from him in a long time and when that curve...
  3. IST: Cubs vs Pirates(Home Opener)

I've seen speculation that Colin Rea or Duane Underwood could get the call to start but Rea would require knocking someone off the 40 man and I'm not sure they're ready to give Underwood another look yet. It's likely going to be Chatwood.
  4. IST: Cubs @ Braves — Road trip continues

I'm disappointed that Joe didn't give Schwarber a chance tonight. Newcomb is tough but he's young and inexperienced and Kyle was hitting lefties in ST. Oh well, he'll get his chance eventually.
  5. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

First I worry about stuff, then I worry about command. Darvish actually commanded all of his pitches but the FB and the stuff was sharp. He can't lose that command on any sort of a regular basis though and we'll all find out about that soon enough. Q's stuff was good. He still has the issue of...
  6. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

Hamels should have been out of that inning, twice. Not saying you shouldn't be mentally tough after bad calls go against you but it can affect you and it did. Otherwise he looked very good, attacked the zone and of the starters he probably worries me the least. As far as the pen, it's terrible...
  7. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

Losing FB command like that is not characteristic of Darvish. The rest of the stuff looked fine, actually better than that. It took 58 pitches to make contact. We see this again and I’ll worry, until then I’ll see how he looks next time. There’s no explanation for CJ except bad. You really have...
  8. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

Looking forward to seeing what Darvish has in a regular season game. The stuff looked nasty in ST.
  9. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

I hope not. I think Maddon's greatest strength is playing the matchups, and yes I know you don't feel the same. If Russell comes back and performs and Happ figures somethings out then that situation changes. In this day and age having a regular starting 8 is neither effective or should be the...
  10. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

Some health issues, but mostly just new responsibilities at work and we sort of ran out of things to talk about in a long offseason so I took a little time away. I'm here for the season though and ready to watch our boys. I know some folks are worried about Lester starting today against the...
  11. IST: Cubs @ Rangers — Season Opener

Excited to get started! It's like Christmas Eve!
  12. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

I wouldn't do that if I were him. I'd take the $240 mil or whatever is out there at this point but insist on an opt out after year 2. That puts him in the Trout FA year and he could ride those coattails from whoever misses out.
  13. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

I'd guess Torres plays SS until Gregorious gets back. LeMahieu isn't much of an offensive player, but they didn't need one and he's a hell of a defender. Could still open up Andujar for trade at the deadline if they want. Or maybe they don't decide to keep Gregorious after this year. As popular...
  14. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

LeMahieu to the Yankees, out on Machado. Players getting squeezed again. We're in for a serious work stoppage in 2021.
  15. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Dude played for 26 seasons and 7 of them were 3 WAR or above and even in those seasons his best ERA was 3.53. He was the very definition of a #3 or #4 starter for most of his career. I admire Moyer, he looked like he'd be out of baseball after 1990 and played for 20 more years. Impressive, but...
  16. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Actually he hit 13 HR last year in about twice the PA he'll get with the Cubs. He's the replacement for La Stella, better defense, can play SS if needed and will hit maybe 6 HR to la Stella's 2 in a bench role. It's nothing to get worked up about either way.
  17. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Look, maybe they will. Right now we don't know anything at all and I think this thing goes to the end of January. If the white Sox are the last man standing, then I'll eat my words. Right now I think a team like the Cubs or Dodgers would have to get to $350 mil while the White Sox and Phillies...
  18. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

I'm convinced TODAY. That's why I said ask me tomorrow. I am convinced it's Cubs or Dodgers, with a weird off chance of going back to Washington if it all goes south. I think that's fairly unlikely though as I expect Chicago or LA to step up.
  19. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

No offense, but I don't the link the lights are bright enough for him. I think they're more likely than Philadelphia at this point from a standpoint that I don't think he likes the city, but this is a guy looking for his legacy and there's risk involved. That, combined with the fact that it's...
  20. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Say what you will. When the market is essentially two teams (no I don't buy the White Sox for an instant) and neither seems all that interested you look at what's going on around them. The Cubs don't usually operate this secretly. I'm assuming you think it's the Dodgers?