Search results

1. CubsFaninMN

After NBA suspends their season, what odds MLB starts on time?

It's only a couple of weeks until the start of the season. The NBA has suspended their season over coronavirus concerns. Anyone want to give me odds that MLB starts on time? -New Doug
  2. CubsFaninMN

Cubs moving to thin pizza???

You can argue religion. You can argue Ditka vs. the world. You can argue Brock for Broglio. All of that is and has been on the table on the North Side. I refer to an announcement from the Cubs today that Home Run Pizza is taking over the pizza concession at Wrigley Field and Sloan Park for...
  3. CubsFaninMN

Really interesting commercial

I was watching the Cubs on MLB.TV tonight, and they kept running this one commercial -- Justin Verlander in a commercial for Flonase. The commercial stated that Verlander would have a great year because he uses Flonase to treat his allergies. The ad suggested that this keeps him healthy and...
  4. CubsFaninMN

What's a Pythagorean Worth, or, Is Milwaukee Playing Way Over Their Heads?

I'm looking to get a little discussion going in re the old saying "They're just playing over their heads". The modern, analytic term for it is a team's Pythagorean number, but it amounts to the same thing, I think. What teams are winning right at their talent level, which are running into a...
  5. CubsFaninMN

Bold Predictions

As we approach Opening Day, I figure it's time to trot out our Bold Predictions for the upcoming season. Now that we have a decent idea of what the teams will like look going into the season. I'll start it out by noting that, in each of the past three seasons when the Cubs reached the NLCS...
  6. CubsFaninMN

Trade to tank?

I keep hearing sportswriters urging the Bulls to trade off pretty much every player of perceived value for draft picks, and to ensure they finish way down to get a higher pick of their own. Regardless of who may or may not be abailable in the draft, trading to tank is massively unfair to the...