Search results

1. Diehardfan

The Plan

Trade----Fields for a hopefully a 2nd FA.... D. Hunter edge/LB pricey but would be a great bookend with Sweat X. McKinney S strong coverage and excellent tackler, 24 yrs old N. Fant TE a second TE who can block and catch R. Wilson QB getting a previous SB QB on the cheap thanks to...
  2. Diehardfan

Michael Busch

Ok, ok, ok.....I know I dumped on the Dumpster Diver for trading a couple of promising young kids for this guy. But the honest truth, like most of us....I'd never heard of him. So I decided to investigate a bit. I watched an extended clip of his hitting and read up on him. He looks pretty good...
  3. Diehardfan

DeBrincat

Apparently, the Cat is not interested in returning to Ottawa. He had a sizable drop off last season, probably because he wasn't playing with a skilled table setter in Kaner's class. Although he will be an RFA, the Sens don't have a lot of leverage in a trade which I'm sure they will be looking...
  4. Diehardfan

Finally........

Great guy, great teammate.....but nobody in Cub history has delivered so little for what he was paid. He gone.....
  5. Diehardfan

Early returns on the Cub's Purge

Only about a third of the way into year one but the players the Cubs moved are not doing very well. There's a ways to go but I don't believe the Cubs would be a whole lot better at this moment had they kept them. Darvish might be the only one that's doing much and he has only been a .500...
  6. Diehardfan

Tarik Cohen cut...

He gone....
  7. Diehardfan

NFL Trade Deadline

Why does the NFL have their trade deadline at mid-season....actually before that this year with 17 games. All the other major sports have their deadline late in the season. It gives also rans a chance to move players to contenders needing help, open cap space and grab draft picks. You're not...
  8. Diehardfan

Just two more bad teams on Thursday nite....

But the last two minutes of the game featured a crazy combo of awful officiating, dumbass play calling and moronic game changing penalties by a handful of players. I'm hearing there was more buffoonery earlier but I only saw the last 3 minutes. LOL....now that's NFL football!!!
  9. Diehardfan

New commentator for Hawk games

It appears both Konroyd and Mayers are out
  10. Diehardfan

Who improved their chances at making the team today?

I got three. 13 Adams, 24 Herbert and 92 Johnson.
  11. Diehardfan

Dee Gordon

The Cubs have Martini, Weick and some guy named Wisdom on the roster. All about 30 yrs old and going nowhere in MLB. Gordon's legs alone should warrant bringing him over any of these three schmucks.
  12. Diehardfan

Toews 1921-22 return

It doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon but he's definitely on the path for a return next season. One less hole to fill
  13. Diehardfan

Saints nearly had Mahomes

Payton was ready to pull the trigger on him but Reid beat him to it.....Payton says his evaluation of Mahomes was one of best he ever saw. Would be curious on what the Bears look for. Given their history, it's apparently not the same as other teams. Mahomes a Saint?
  14. Diehardfan

Dick Allen passes at 78

One of the best baseball players I ever saw..... RIP Former AL MVP Dick Allen dies at age 78
  15. Diehardfan

Ed Farmer passes at age 70

Not known as of yet if it was Covid 19 or not.
  16. Diehardfan

A dearth of pro sports

With the NBA and NHL closing shop for awhile and baseball most assuredly getting a late start.....there won't be much happening. Assuming that the delays are a month to six weeks and that the leagues will play a portion of the remaining schedule before playoffs.....they will do this to get the...
  17. Diehardfan

HEY!!! Bowman......

Wake up and get your head out of your ass. Carolina has lost both their goalies to injury. They're using a zamboni driver to finish tonights game......you have what they need. Get something done!!!!
  18. Diehardfan

Winter Sports in Chicago

Blackhawks = Better than anticipated Bears = far worse than anticipated Bulls = sucking again exactly as expected
  19. Diehardfan

Anybody still have any of these?

I'm ready to shoot myself....I actually had two of them. From the 60's...today worth over $1.3 million. https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/most-expensive-baseball-cards-985687df1bbe45c5?utm_campaign=baseballcards-a3566dbc52384871&utm_source=tab&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=msn-msn
  20. Diehardfan

Baseball Analytics

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20180806/rozner-baseball-analytics-great-but-dont-exist-in-vacuum