1st NBC playoff appearance since Super Bowl XX

Liked Posts:
The stars are aligning for a Super Bowl run.

giphy.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As well as the whole thing with losing to Miami both years they got to the Superbowl, you also have to remember who they beat in the NFCC games to get to these Superbowls. Rams then the Saints. After the Eagles, who do they have to march through to get there this year?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What's the weather looking like?

AccuWeather says the HIGH on Sunday will be 41, with a RealFeel of 35, mostly cloudy, small chance of precipitation. Wind gusts up to 16 miles per hour.

Not too bad. Wish the game was Saturday night, but eh, that's all right.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I found this snippet from Will Brinson on CBS sports....gave me a chuckle.

"The Nick Foles hype train is running wild and people want to believe in the Eagles again this year. That's fine. I get it. I really do. The Eagles are terrifying with their dog masks and their patented "no one believes in us" thing they came up with over the last 365 days. But you know what else is terrifying? Khalil Mack and the Bears defense. This Bears team has mauled people all year long. Compare them by Football Outsiders DVOA metric and Chicago ranks up there with the 2015 Broncos and 2013 Seahawks, both championship caliber defenses."

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This is also the first time the Bears have played on Wildcard Weekend since 1994.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I found this snippet from Will Brinson on CBS sports....gave me a chuckle.

"The Nick Foles hype train is running wild and people want to believe in the Eagles again this year. That's fine. I get it. I really do. The Eagles are terrifying with their dog masks and their patented "no one believes in us" thing they came up with over the last 365 days. But you know what else is terrifying? Khalil Mack and the Bears defense. This Bears team has mauled people all year long. Compare them by Football Outsiders DVOA metric and Chicago ranks up there with the 2015 Broncos and 2013 Seahawks, both championship caliber defenses."

The Eagles hype is super weird when you think about it. Defending Super Bowl champs lose all the time. Backup QB magic runs out all the time. The Eagles totally *could* win on Sunday, but people are acting like it'd be a huge shock if the Bears win this game, because of some nebulous intangible of Eagles/Foles magic in the air.

Nick Foles is just a man. The Eagles are just a team. Most of the season, they were a bad-to-mediocre team. I'm confident the Bears will win this game.

The Bears are better than the Eagles.