Hate:

David Decastro OG Stanford
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Kendall Wright WR Baylor

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
happy: Nick Perry, Mercilus, Floyd, J. Martin.
neutral: Coples, DeCastro, S. Hill, Brockers.
hate: K. Wright, Mike Adams.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Why hate for Decastro? Everything I've been reading says he's one of the best guards to come out in a while. I know picking a guard in the first isn't glamorous, but our OL needs help on the inside as well. The hype around him is that he's as close to a surefire all pro guard as you get coming out of college.

I know pass rush is needed, but someone like mercilus really could bust, and he would basically be a situational pass rusher at first.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I like: Perry, Cox, Jenkins, Whitney, Coples

Don't like: Poe, Martin, Reiff

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming this is if we stayed at #19. If so --

Happy: Courtney Upshaw, Stephon Gilmore, Dont'a Hightower, Mike Adams, Jonathan Martin, Michael Floyd

Unhappy: Dontari Poe, Kendall Wright, Nick Perry, Chandler Jones

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
happy:
Whitney Mercilus
Kendall Wright
Michael Floyd
David DeCastro
Peter Konz
Cordy Glenn

unhappy:
Michael Brockers
Dontari Poe
Stephen Hill
Mike Adams
Jonathan Martin

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
I am against DeCastro because I think our interior line is doing just fine. We need an upgrade at Left Tackle, not at Right or Left Guard. Unless he can move out and play LT he is a backup player this year and for a few to come. I dont hate him, or the idea of him on the team if he were to start, but i think interior line is pretty set.

Mercilus would be a god-send if he dropped to us. A dude of his caliber, who had the most Sacks in the NCAA last year...Coples can hold his jock strap in the numbers comparison. Watch both of their highlight tapes and tell me Mercilus doesn't look like a better player to bring in. He stops the run well and gets after the passer, I would almost put him on the same level as Aldon Smith coming out of Missouri. A freak athlete with a high motor. If he is there at 19, I say we take him, but that is just my opinion...

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I'm of the opinion that our interior line is only decent, and looked better mainly because our tackles were so bad. It seemed like our guards could barely get any push off the line, which is why we were so bad in short yardage and goal line situations.

I'm not sure why you think he'd be a backup player. He'd be instantly better than any guard on our roster.

I'm not necessarily saying we should pick him because we do have a lot of needs, but I wouldn't be against the pick.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
Chris Williams is a very solid starter at LG, and either Chris Spencer or Lance Louis lock down the RG spot. We just have more needs then Guard. I would even make a case that DE isn't a necessity, but it depends what is there when we pick. 8 days.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Our offense was ranked near the bottom in YPC up the middle, and were the only team without a 20+ yard run up the middle. (These stats I read somewhere a couple days ago). Add to that our problems in short yardage and goal line, and I'd say our guard play is far from solid.

But, with a new offensive system and our linemen getting an entire offseason to prepare this year, I'd agree that there are other needs.

I'm more excited for the draft this year than I've ever been. Probably because I think we have a very good team already and want to see what Emery does.

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
Thats with our old pal Mike Fartz as Offensive Coordinator. Look up Tice's stats when he was the OC at Jacksonville...those are the stats you need to look at.

Soundwave_Superior

Liked Posts:
I think for once we can finally go Best Player Available. I don't think we could ever do that with Angelo. Guys I'd like at 19 who fit what we need and are worth the pick are Kirkpatrick and the other corners from the SEC. Maybe even Janoris Jenkins. I like the DE's but the ones who will be available at 19 seem to have more questions than I'd like.

Then there's the WR's, where I'd be happy with Jeffery, Randle, or Wright, but I think it may be too early to draft them right there. Although they probably won't be available in the second so it may be worth taking the chance.

There's a number of guys I'd like, just make a good pick and not a bust like Jerry would always make.

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
I want Emery to draft a guy, and come out and say 'he is who we wanted all along' and actually mean it. I want a guy who we WANT to have. If that is the best player available then it is.

How do we feel about trading down?

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats with our old pal Mike Fartz as Offensive Coordinator. Look up Tice's stats when he was the OC at Jacksonville...those are the stats you need to look at.

That's impossible. Tice was never the offensive coordinator at Jacksonville...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish