2/10 - Blackhawks (9-0-2) @ (5-2-3) Predators 7:00PM CSN

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why mess with success. Barring an injury I'd stand pat.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Some Jackass was on ESPN1000...called in to bitch about Oduya

Apparently...this guy's has watched about 8gms this year, and Oduya has given the puck away 10-15 times in prime scoring areas, and Craw has had to bail him out.

Odyua has 6 giveaways (per NHL.com) this year...and 25 blks

Meanwhile...the Hawks are 22-2-6 with Johnny Boy (and he's a +12 in that time)...and Hjarll has found his game again with the fellow Swede

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
pez called in.

oduya had a rough first period last night with a couple bad give aways but after that he was solid like everyone else.

as for the trade stuff. still too early to even discuss the deadline. im sitting back and enjoying this run right now. eventually the loses will come and hopefully not too many bad injuries.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
...Odyua has 6 giveaways (per NHL.com) this year...

Yeah, but half of those were last night....

<
<

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Great way to end the trip

Only allowing 7 SOG through the first 2 periods..on the road...is insane. I don't care that they played the night before...it's an incredible feat

Here's a question...the trade deadline is April 3rd. (23games until then)...and after that, they will have 13gms until playoffs.

If the Hawks play at a .650%.(get 30 out of 46pts...so put them at 25-8-2)..which will be pretty good - then who should/would they look to move/make changes (barring no injuries, of course)?

They didn't make any moves the Cup run. I remember Scooter and Q talking about wanting to give the team the chance to "finish" what they started. I know I read places where they need another center to win draws...or a big physical type winger/banger - but that takes 1 or 2 players out of this lineup. Sontetimes that can be a slap in the face to the guys here winning together now, going through the last 2yrs of regaining team chemistry. Will Stan get ripped for not making a move..if he stays status quo - and they don't "win the cup"? Or if he makes a move or two...they don't pan out - and the same criticism?

If healthy..I'd prefer they stay stagnant...and let this team roll. If they need help, look to Rockford/youth/energy. It's going to be very interesting thing to watch, as this team unfolds...in the shortened season.

I haven't checked and I could be wrong...but did they not get Boynton in the 2009-2010 season around trade deadline?...I know we got rid of Cam Barker that year. I am not saying Boynton was a big move by any means but I know he was on that 2010 team.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but half of those were last night....

<
<

I counted two in our own zone that was a dead give away with no one on him....it happens....overall he has not cost us any major issues...he has been playing awsome with Hammer.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I will be attending the Nucks game...so count that as a win...I will be handing out frozen pizza's after each goal we score!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yeah....Barker was moved for Johannson and Leddy in Feb...then with Kim being hurt, they picked up Boynton for future considerations in March

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lest we also forget Brunette, Morrisson, Pisani.

Granted, it seems to be that Stan's best moves were non-moves.

So far this year standing pat is paying off...I hope he keeps the course and the Rudy Russo of the Baseball/Hockey world doesn't do something dumb like force his hand to make a splash.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well the year after the Cup, the Hawks purged and still had minimum cap space.

Having to sign Pisani, Scott, Boynton, Ryan Johnson, Dowell, Hendry on the roster - was all about having guys making less than 600K...since they needed bodies and didn't have cap room. So as much as the Hawks got ripped for some of those signings...find me any NHL'ers veterans making minimum like that..that can contribute.

They were able to add Campoli that trade deadline...who helped a bit. But those minimum signings were necessary.

As far as Brunette...it was only a 1yr deal..as well as O'Donnel and Liepisto. Bruno was coming off a 18g/46pt season - he was 3rd on Minny in pts and goals. Yes, it didn't pan out...but it's not like they gave him a 3yr deal. It was a stop gap signing..took a 1yr gamble that didn't work.