large.png

7-3-3 ------- 10-0-3

HISTORY

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks trade for Selanne at 1am who reports for duty and scores the game winner

You're such a bandwagoner... Selanne would never accept a trade to a team with no other Finns on it.

Jeez... go pay $300 for 300 level tickets, loser!!

Ton

Liked Posts:
Sooo... why is Emery starting?

Q is gonna ruin Crawford's groove. Last 6 games they both have 3 starts each. Keeping him fresh is one thing, but this is just weird.

Looking at the schedule, I don't really see why Crawford couldn't have played until LA comes to the United Center, then up to the Columbus/Edmonton back-to-back... hell, I don't see an issue of riding him all the way to the back-to-back on the 24th/25th.

Most teams that have had good goaltending have started their back-ups 2 times so far this year (BOS, NSH, NYR, DAL, MTL, BUF, DET, LAK, COL). Teams with shaky goaltending have seen 3+ games from their back-ups (TOR, CAR, TBL, MIN, NJ, WIN).

I wouldn't call Crawford shaky this year, would anyone?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Q is gonna ruin Crawford's groove. Last 6 games they both have 3 starts each. Keeping him fresh is one thing, but this is just weird.

Looking at the schedule, I don't really see why Crawford couldn't have played until LA comes to the United Center, then up to the Columbus/Edmonton back-to-back... hell, I don't see an issue of riding him all the way to the back-to-back on the 24th/25th.

Most teams that have had good goaltending have started their back-ups 2 times so far this year (BOS, NSH, NYR, DAL, MTL, BUF, DET, LAK, COL). Teams with shaky goaltending have seen 3+ games from their back-ups (TOR, CAR, TBL, MIN, NJ, WIN).

Marty Biron got raped by the awful Islanders tonight.

Coaches do weird things.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Marty Biron got raped by the awful Islanders tonight.

Coaches do weird things.

Well, that was only Biron's 2nd start this year... so it's hard to compare.... can't ride Lundqvist all year. This will be Emery's 4th start this year and 3rd in 6 games. That's splitting time as far as I'm concerned.

Q says Emery gets the start because he's playing well -- way to throw your top horse under the bus there after a shootout loss.

I really don't care for the way Q runs his goalie rotation. He's had problems with that ever since he started coaching, so I'm not really shocked by his method anymore. But it would be nice to see a goalie have confidence under his watch for once, and vice versa. So far it's too early to tell this year but I can only imagine if this yo-yo continues it could be frustrating for a certain goaltender. Am I overreacting? Probably. It's too early to really say anything, but I don't like where this is headed.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bout time to see a GDT up and runnin' more than five minutes before game time.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

You wanna know what I think Ton...Q is prob. being told to play him in hopes he stays hot and wins games for a trade possibility, It very well could be. We all know Emery wants to start somewhere and the Hawks will most likely not bring him back next year. I mean I agree Its not like Crawford has been playing alot of games that he needs the rest, along with being a short season. So lets see what happens.

supraman

Liked Posts:
You wanna know what I think Ton...Q is prob. being told to play him in hopes he stays hot and wins games for a trade possibility, It very well could be. We all know Emery wants to start somewhere and the Hawks will most likely not bring him back next year. I mean I agree Its not like Crawford has been playing alot of games that he needs the rest, along with being a short season. So lets see what happens.

I dont buy that for a minute. After what he did last year he could have competed for a starting job this year but he resigned.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Q's reasoning, from what I've read, is that Razer "deserves" a start at home. Bull-shit....not saying he hasn't played well, but Crow needs to stay sharp. Don't agree with this decision at all. But, if we score 8 goals, it shouldn't make a difference. Hawks win 8-6....

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I dont buy that for a minute. After what he did last year he could have competed for a starting job this year but he resigned.

What don't you buy? that he wants to start somewhere, or that they are playing him for a possible trade? cause I think its very likely, it only makes sense, like Ton said Craw should be getting more starts, by sitting him your not building his grove if that makes any sense. What I will not buy is if they come out and say that Q wants Crawford to stay fresh for the playoffs with Emery playing well. If that comes out I will not buy that.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Both guys are playing well...I don't see a problem with it. I bet CC doesn't either.

Q doesn't just sit in the office and flip a coin...I'm sure he talks to both guys ahead of time to give a line of sight to who's playing/when. The media may not know...but Q's a pretty good players coach and I bet they do.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the end result is another W, I am all for giving Corey a break here and there.

A bad loss on Corey can be just as bad if not worse for his positive play of late.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Considering what happened in Nashville the other night, I don't think we'll have an issue with Shark fans tonight.... lol

No idea? Here's a shitty youtube vid of it....

http://www.youtube.c...&v=Ud6kZICCUYA#

Hawks win 4-3. Might be another OT game again.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Crawford day to day, upper body, didn't feel great after practice.

now Im starting to wonder if that collision with Corry Perry had anything to do with Emery starting.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
wasnt it Bobby Ryan? I remember shaking my head at the dumb officiating, which was all over all night at the Ducks game. Seabs barely touched Ryan and he went flying into Crow worse than Shaw's goalie interference penalty. Horse shit