2/15 - Sharks (7-3-3) @ (10-0-3) Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah that was dumb on Toews. Don't risk that for "revenge". Again, people want to call him a role model, he's gotta be smarter than that. So much to lose, nothing to gain.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jonathan Toews is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that was dumb on Toews. Don't risk that for "revenge". Again, people want to call him a role model, he's gotta be smarter than that. So much to lose, nothing to gain.

I know you're going to say "there never is anything to start a fight over" which is just how you are and I respect that.

But from my opposite end of the spectrum... THERE WAS NOTHING TO START A FIGHT ABOUT!!!!

That was stupid to do by Toews and if the refs called it right (3 minors) he could have cost his team the game. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Love Toews... but there had to have been something else the cameras didn't see that set that off.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree. Sometimes it isn't about winning, but making a point.

Point was made.

Oh come on what cheap shots? Burish whacked at a puck after the whistle big fuckin deal.

NO CHANCE I want my captain fighting someone 2x his size for very little reason. Especially a captain that has had concussions.

SEE: John Scott vs SHAWN Thornton... Scott 2x his size and gives Boston's Thornton's a concussion.

I do have to give Jumbo credit for not really putting the beat down on Toews.

Variable

Liked Posts:
But like TCD mentioned, it's not really the penalties that made it dumb (but I agree on that too). It's the already numerous problems with concussions he's had in his very young career. He has to be smarter than that. There is nothing that important to fight about and risk everything after just having your season shortened by it again (and postseason play diminished by lying and playing through symptoms) . Gotta know better than that. It was troubling to see.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...and the Nobel Peace Prize goes to

...Grimson.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
glad thornton ddint really land any thing on toews face (both seemed to be avoiding it), and when i saw it at work i thought "damn JT never loses his cool so bad, first time for everything. But i also agree it lit a nice fire and expelled some person shit for Johnny now so whatever.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Krüger with a nice game. He seems he is finding his game, hopefully he'll keep on that trajectory. Overall good game. Didn't really like that Toews went on to fight, not with his concussion history. Keep on trucking.

Sharks didn't really have anything and explains why they have not won in 7 games now.

Rosh I have a dead serious dumb question for you. Is the U with the two dots actually on your keyboard or still have to go to the character map for it. I'm serious not trying to be a dick or anyhting

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I know you're going to say "there never is anything to start a fight over" which is just how you are and I respect that.

But from my opposite end of the spectrum... THERE WAS NOTHING TO START A FIGHT ABOUT!!!!

That was stupid to do by Toews and if the refs called it right (3 minors) he could have cost his team the game. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Love Toews... but there had to have been something else the cameras didn't see that set that off.

Luckily for us, the PK got us through that mess and the refs were blind yet again.... But yeah I'm with you on this one, Stu... Normally, Toews doesn't just go into fight mode. It isn't his way. Something really had to pull his strings if he was going to jump into a fight he had no chance in winning.

I'll bet if Scott were still here, none of that would have happened.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rosh I have a dead serious dumb question for you. Is the U with the two dots actually on your keyboard or still have to go to the character map for it. I'm serious not trying to be a dick or anyhting

Don't need the character map, just need to press one key that has the umlaut before pushing a letter that can have it (ü,ï,ë,ÿ), the ä and ö has dedicated keys on the Finnish keyboard (along with the å).

Ton

Liked Posts:
And Thornton will laugh it off as he has done his entire career when guys come after him for "revenge". It's Joe Thornton he doesn't take "points". I love Toews..hes my fav player in the game and Im proud that he has a take no shit attitude and is all serious as he is. No one wears the C better than him in the league. This team doesn't and never has had to have Toews drop the gloves to inspire them or to send a point so I don't buy into that philosophy. Not tonight.

I don't care about the penalty minutes...I don't care about any of that stuff. I care about a guy who is vital to this team staying healthy and not suffering another head injury that could put him out for a long duration. Concussions aren't like the flu bug strain..once you have it it goes away forever. If anyone believes that Joe didn't let up on JT then they are fooling themselves. Thornton could have destroyed Toews in that fight if he wanted to. Thats reality. Joe could have easily made a point also but he didn't. I doubt Thornton is sitting in the locker room after the game going "Guess I should never hit that guy again he might try to fight me again". And again this team has never needed Toews to drop the gloves to prove that he is a leader and cares about winning. Thats nonsense.

As for the turning point? Hawks were dominating a 0-0 game before that little fake fight..felt to me as if the Hawks weren't in need of any energy boosts or momentum help. There was no point to turn on..the Hawks were already looking good.

I really think it had nothing to do with the team and everything to do with Toews own emotions and history with Thornton. Leaving it at that I understand and can accept it as an emotional reaction that was built up (still wish he wouldn't put his health on the line but I understand breaking points also). Bringing the "team rally" stuff into it? Not buying it. Seemed done for personal reasons more than team reasons. Just being honest. Toews is a great captain but he can also do risky things like any other captain or player that I personally wish they didn't do. Compete levels can do that I understand. Just don't buy into the thought that he was thinking about the team.

This post is full of win. Great job.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Don't need the character map, just need to press one key that has the umlaut before pushing a letter that can have it (ü,ï,ë,ÿ), the ä and ö has dedicated keys on the Finnish keyboard (along with the å).

Cool thanks

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks! Why would they black it out anywhere, except for the metro areas of Chicago and San Jose, and let them broadcast their local telecasts?

I'm still scratching my head on how that worked. Made no friggin sense. The only thing I can think of is my cable is Time Warner, and the game was carried by Comcast?